Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The only things that have relevant gameplay effects from Eververse are ghosts with Guiding Light (+10% exp) or Speed Demon (summon sparrows faster) and hopefully a useful combo detector, and 160 speed sparrows with quick-summon or fast cooldown (specifically to be paired with Speed Demon for the Sparrow portion of SotP). For everything else, no one can choose what's aesthetic but you. You might grab one of any shaders you don't have yet since they're a lot cheaper than the other items and you'll be able to buy them back from collections with shards instead of dust post-Shadowkeep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
https://i.imgur.com/PK4D5gW.gifv

Now that's bullshit

https://i.imgur.com/4DVLqyf.gifv

Now THAT'S bullshit

https://i.imgur.com/wkkv0pm.gifv

My boy Wardcliff Coil wouldn't have done me dirty like that

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

https://i.imgur.com/wkkv0pm.gifv

My boy Wardcliff Coil wouldn't have done me dirty like that

Truth is better in gambit PVP but wardcliff w/catalyst is better in crucible

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
So this happened im comp today.

https://youtu.be/v3wVX3mFJWE

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

love me a three man burst

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

CheeseFactory posted:

So this happened im comp today.

https://youtu.be/v3wVX3mFJWE

Pfff. Check THIS big brain play

https://i.imgur.com/rp0H3Sh.gifv

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

I approve of sheild and punching combos

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Paracelsus posted:

The only things that have relevant gameplay effects from Eververse are ghosts with Guiding Light (+10% exp) or Speed Demon (summon sparrows faster) and hopefully a useful combo detector, and 160 speed sparrows with quick-summon or fast cooldown (specifically to be paired with Speed Demon for the Sparrow portion of SotP). For everything else, no one can choose what's aesthetic but you. You might grab one of any shaders you don't have yet since they're a lot cheaper than the other items and you'll be able to buy them back from collections with shards instead of dust post-Shadowkeep.

Ahh, thank you. I thought it was all just emotes and ships. I kind of want the big flat ship though.

Legs Benedict posted:

"guys, i have $1.65. should i spend it on a candybar that is $1.85"

Helpful, as always.

Hey Adregan, thanks for the invite! I think my clan was a bunch of Russians, so I'm glad to be with not literal strangers from another country.

Edit : What the gently caress is a tractor cannon? Dropped during gambit. YouTube, here I come!

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Sep 15, 2019

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you want to be 100% accurate, certain weapon ornaments have gameplay implications ever since the barrel length bug was discovered.

Captain Log posted:

Edit : What the gently caress is a tractor cannon? Dropped during gambit. YouTube, here I come!

Tractor Cannon is an exotic heavy shotgun whose signature perks are a) anything you hit with it takes increased elemental damage for a few seconds and b) applies an extremely high physical force so you can stunt on people by knocking them into walls or over cliffs. It's mostly used in PVE because the first one helps with boss burns.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

haveblue posted:

Tractor Cannon is a

boop-propelled hoverboard.

https://i.imgur.com/JSO5ipN.gifv

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Uh excuse me tractor cannon is most popular in pvp because you can knock someone directly out of their super and across the map into a cliff.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
You also don't really need to aim it, anything in front of you is going to get hit. It can eliminate groups of adds in a single shot. It's rarely a bad choice in any activity, which is more than you can say for most exotics.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I’ve not even equipped it yet, but it’s currently my most powerful piece of gear at 601. This is going to be fun.

I’ll never forget how lucky my drops were in destiny one, with the subsequent rage of the rest of my goon mates. There is still a clip of my getting that arc heavy machine gun and saying, “What the gently caress is that?”

P. S. - I’m still horrible, but I’m not on that loving awful medicine anymore. There will be way less of me running into walls for thirty seconds.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Captain Log posted:

I’ve not even equipped it yet, but it’s currently my most powerful piece of gear at 601. This is going to be fun.

I’ll never forget how lucky my drops were in destiny one, with the subsequent rage of the rest of my goon mates. There is still a clip of my getting that arc heavy machine gun and saying, “What the gently caress is that?”

P. S. - I’m still horrible, but I’m not on that loving awful medicine anymore. There will be way less of me running into walls for thirty seconds.

Have you completed the Forsaken campaign and unlocked the dreaming city? Like 45 minutes after that you'll get a full set of blue loot that puts you at 690!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Have you completed the Forsaken campaign and unlocked the dreaming city? Like 45 minutes after that you'll get a full set of blue loot that puts you at 690!

Not yet, I’ve been way too invested in daily bounties because they make my brain get all Sheraton I filled.

Speaking of all this, I need to get discord on my new computer. I think I’m still on the goon Destiny channel.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I am less of a Sheraton guy since the new Hyatt program and fuckin Bonvoy ate my rear end and downgraded the Sheraton bathrobes.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Insane Totoro posted:

I am less of a Sheraton guy since the new Hyatt program and fuckin Bonvoy ate my rear end and downgraded the Sheraton bathrobes.

God drat auto correct.

Serotonin. For fucks sake.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
BTW, if CL has some shards lying around he should be aggressively hitting up xur for those exotics.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Sheratonin, the chemical released by having a good travel experience

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
via metrolyrics;

(What are you doing?)
Nothing, thanks for asking, I'm attending a conference at the Holiday Inn
(Who you wit?)
Me and my colleagues, won't you bring four of your friends
(What we gon' do?)
Work on our ppt and sip on some blends
One thing leading to another let the work begin.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Lol if you’re not using Sway in the year of our lord 2019

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

moist turtleneck posted:

via metrolyrics;

(What are you doing?)
Nothing, thanks for asking, I'm attending a conference at the Holiday Inn
(Who you wit?)
Me and my colleagues, won't you bring four of your friends
(What we gon' do?)
Work on our ppt and sip on some blends
One thing leading to another let the work begin.

haveblue posted:

Sheratonin, the chemical released by having a good travel experience

Ahahahahahaha!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Will the iron boner armor currently available be able to be used as an ornament or anything in the 2.0 system? I don't have it and I really like the look of the warlock set so I was considering grinding a bunch of crucible this week to get the set.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Today would have been the Shadowkeep launch day if it hadn't gotten pushed back 2 weeks.

I'm trying to figure out when I'll get to play it. It comes out on the 1st, so I'll have that night. Then the next day we have a huge announcement so not only do I have to work all day, then I have a 2 hour meeting after work to discuss the announcement. It better be Zune Band 3 with Live Tiles and free Groove Music.

Leading up to that I have some things I'd like to accomplish. I have never completed any of the raids, so I'm going to try to go through some of those this weekend. I don't know that I'll be able to get the Recluse, as I've only played 4 games of Comp and I'm currently at 436, having won all 4. But trying to get to 1980 before next week will be tough.

And I'm going for Masterworked Breakneck right now but I have 33 more rounds of Gambit to get through and that takes forever.

And of course whatever they launch in Shadowkeep will probably make all of this irrelevant.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEvVKCKdtfw

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Daric posted:

It better be Zune Band 3 with Live Tiles and free Groove Music.

Ballmer > Nadella and your announcements are all bad now.

Hair up and square up, bitch.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

loving lol at that warlock armor. Truly the worst class in the game.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
5 years of slow rear end menu times, eh

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

5 years of slow rear end menu times, eh
SSD is a mandatory purchase at this point even on consoles

If you are on Xbox, even an external HDD will be way faster than the garbage one it comes with

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Roman posted:

SSD is a mandatory purchase at this point even on consoles

If you are on Xbox, even an external HDD will be way faster than the garbage one it comes with

Mother gently caress, I asked around at great length and universal agreement was that ssd would not affect menu times and only affected planetary loading

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Yeah, I got an SSD and a case to make it external for $60 and it's made everything better. There's 1 spot where it catches and has to load in the Dreaming City but that's it. I'm always one of the first people to load into anything now.

Edit: It definitely affects menu times. Before, if I had to look at the map it was a chore. It took 20 seconds to load. So if I was doing something like looking for a lost sector where I needed to check it a few times to make sure I was heading the right way, it was a nightmare. Now it's quick. Same thing with shaders. They load almost instantly.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Mother gently caress, I asked around at great length and universal agreement was that ssd would not affect menu times and only affected planetary loading

SSD makes a huge difference on PS4 for menus. When I started playing again I installed it on my external because I forgot to switch the default location and when I moved it over to my SSD the difference was night and day. Menus are basically as fast as PC.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Alright then! Ordering myself a little 500gb Samsung t5 portable

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I told you repeatedly it would speed up menu times. Stop putting me on ignore you big jerk!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

xzzy posted:

I told you repeatedly it would speed up menu times. Stop putting me on ignore you big jerk!

Everyone yelled at you that you were wrong! I didn't wanna side with the Wrong Guy!!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well now look who's wrong!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Tier 1 operators like me and wintrrmute have had ssds forever and have been speeding by you while using our heavy synths on every encounter

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I don't want to spend any money on ps4 stuff because ps5 will come out within a year or so I think.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

actionjackson posted:

I don't want to spend any money on ps4 stuff because ps5 will come out within a year or so I think.
yeah but at least an SSD can be used in other things so it's not the waste of money that, say a Scuf might be at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
When I upgraded to a Pro I grabbed an SSD too and installed it in the Pro before migrating everything from the old PS4. (Which they make insanely easy, by the way. You can just press "hay i got new ps4, transfer" button basically. Obviously if you're just upgrading 1 ps4 then yeah you have to re-download everything instead of transferring over LAN.)

If you actually install it as opposed to external there are obvious, albeit probably minor or even negligible, speed benefits there as well. Not that I would recommend getting a Pro now, or even an SSD as jackson said, but it did make a huge difference. I can't say how much could be attributed to the Pro vs the SSD, but yeah it affected menu/map and loading in to any place (tower, strikes, etc). Served well for almost a year now.

Edit: Let me save you anyone who will upgrade a google search, no you cannot simply reimage the new hard drive to an exact copy of the old hard drive. It's technically possible but more often than not people run into problems and it's just better to bite the bullet and redownload/reinstall everything.

yamdankee fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Sep 17, 2019