Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
*walks into Las Vegas betting room*
*looks at the board to see Rams vs Browns*
"Bookie, let it all ride on the Browns."
*slaps down life savings of $50*

Browns gonna win this Sunday. Clowball at the Factory of Sadness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Despera posted:

Incase i get banned:

Ravens bitch

Watch Succession

good ban.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 19, 2019

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Kawalimus posted:

This is so stupid. He wouldn't have done what he's done this year against the bad teams last year!

Kawalimus I was channeling you when I made that post. When the Raven get blown out by the Chiefs this week you will be posting three paragraphs about why you think Lamar was never the answer. When the Brown get killed by the Rams I will still be OK because this year the AFCN division winner will squeak into the playoffs and die a quick death.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Kawalimus I was channeling you when I made that post. When the Raven get blown out by the Chiefs this week you will be posting three paragraphs about why you think Lamar was never the answer. When the Brown get killed by the Rams I will still be OK because this year the AFCN division winner will squeak into the playoffs and die a quick death.

When the Ravens get blown out by the Chiefs I'll be saying how our secondary is a joke and Earl Thomas doesn't have it anymore and fire Wink Martindale and crap. I'm not going to turn on Jackson for one bad game. I posted this in the other thread. I expect him to have some more struggles this year and still think he's about a year away from getting near his potential. I'll only be worried about him if he has several bad games in a row.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lamar is going to get hurt if they keep giving him like 16 attempts in order to beat the Cardinals at home

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Lamar is going to get hurt if they keep giving him like 16 attempts in order to beat the Cardinals at home

He only even took contact on a couple of them. There's no downside to running around that edge and getting out of bounds. He is REALLY fast around there. The horsecollar was kind of scary though.

Also what is this "the cardinals" crap. They have really good receivers and haven't looked bad since the first half of the first game.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 18, 2019

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Cardinals are not very good

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Cardinals are not very good

How do you know? They should have won game 1 in a comeback. They have one of the all-time great receivers and a lot of other good ones and the Ravens have a poo poo secondary with injuries.

Also Jackson had 272 yards passing and 2 touchdowns.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 18, 2019

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I think the Cards are better then people thought they would be, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit concerned about how that game went overall (other then the winning part).

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

I think the Cards are better then people thought they would be, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit concerned about how that game went overall (other then the winning part).

The biggest problem was our secondary letting guys be wide open combined with WRs making crazy adjustments a bunch of times and making good catches. Jefferson was particularly bad and looked like he was barely trying. Unless we really pull it together back there we don't have a chance on sunday.

Remember last year we really almost beat KC in KC in the regular season, and that was with Jackson playing like he did last year with all the fumbles. But not with this secondary.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i didnt watch the game but its kawalimus making stuff up about coverages he doesnt understand so im gonna go ahead and say that jefferson literally never made a single mistake

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghost Dog posted:

i didnt watch the game but its kawalimus making stuff up about coverages he doesnt understand so im gonna go ahead and say that jefferson literally never made a single mistake

The secondary was fine and a lot of the passes that were complete with really lucky sort of 50/50 balls that you just really gotta go "god drat good job" and there was like 4-5 different plays where there was a wide open Fitzgerald or Kirk.

Which Humphrey already said was his fault and it was a blown coverage.

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1174357052300374016

I'm assuming that means sell everything because the fire is coming etc etc but the Ravens will be fine.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i did actually read some dork breaking down ravens stuff and he has Jefferson getting torched a few times on busted zone plays yeah.

im pretty sad that the ravens bought in on a young very good player at a position of need in tavon young and just immediately had him pitta himself like as hes signing the contract a piano falls through the loving ceiling and smashes him to a fine pulp. would be neat if that stopped happening. they play so much nickel now(everyone does) and obviously saw it as a way to make sure the secondary would stay terrific but instead just everyone gets injured its rad

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I think our best chance of having a good day in the secondary sunday was having a day like we did last week. They know they have to get better. I feel like in the past when I've ragged on them a lot they come out the next week to prove me wrong. Saying this might break the spell. But I don't think so.

And maybe some was Humphrey's fault that we can't assess because of the nature of it. But there was that one play where Fitzgerald was wide open and caught the pass and Jefferson just hardly even tried to tackle him and he got like 15 or more yards after

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

I hope the secondary falls apart even further and Ravens win like 42 - 40. It's the Lamar era we don't have a hard cap of 23 points per game anymore.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

chamois posted:

I hope the secondary falls apart even further and Ravens win like 42 - 40. It's the Lamar era we don't have a hard cap of 23 points per game anymore.

This the Mahomes approach. Your defense can be poo poo when you just outscore everyone.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

big shoutout to p pat mahomes who invented the touchdown

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
people always want to talk about how great andy dalton is, but did you know ash ketchum finally won a pokemon tournament?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I think Mason Rudolph is being undervalued and acting like the Steelers have suddenly drastically worsened play off chances compared to the anemic performance by Ben so far in the season is dumb.

I think the Steelers chances of making the play off is about the same as when Ben was playing

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
what the heck does that have to do with andy dalton and/or ash ketchum

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Whose Andy Dalton?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Tibalt posted:

Whose Andy Dalton?
our collective andey

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The royal Andy

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Hot take: with Ash Ketchum’s ball throwing skills, he’d be a better QB than &e

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

latinotwink1997 posted:

Hot take: with Ash Ketchum’s ball throwing skills, he’d be a better QB than &e

Ash Ketchum would somehow complete more passes than the current NFL leader? ??? Get this poo poo out of here latinotwink1997

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

people always want to talk about how great andy dalton is, but did you know ash ketchum finally won a pokemon tournament?

If you need two decades to do anything of relevance, you're a scrub who ain't worth poo poo

Enough about the Cleveland Browns though. im happy for ash

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

If you need two decades to do anything of relevance, you're a scrub who ain't worth poo poo

Enough about the Cleveland Browns though. im happy for ash
this catskills rear end joke structure tho

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
These cherry blossoms
Obscures the moon descending
Lamar hurt week six

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The Cleveland Browns have won the Super Bowl!!!

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tibalt posted:

I think Mason Rudolph is being undervalued and acting like the Steelers have suddenly drastically worsened play off chances compared to the anemic performance by Ben so far in the season is dumb.

I think the Steelers chances of making the play off is about the same as when Ben was playing

He's a backup quarterback in his second year replacing a hall of fame QB. He's valued exactly where he should be until he plays an actual game from start to finish and with the other team fully preparing for him.

The fact you think the playoff odds are the same must mean you originally thought it was pretty low to begin with right?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Well the haters and losers said it was impossible. Everyone had the Jets pegged for at least the AFC crown, if not the Super Bowl. Then they met the unstoppable steamroller that is the Cleveland Browns and their dynasty building record of 7-0 in only week 2. It was no surprise when MVP front runner Baker Mayfield carves up the New York defense with precision passing, amassing an unheard of 335 passing yards and hitting every pass that mattered. Once the Browns were up by 3 it was already over. The Jets even used two quarterbacks in the game, but neither could overcome the behemoth of the Cleveland defense. There is a new sheriff in town and it’s the Browns - all others are just futility trying to keep up. We’re on to St. Louis and the Rams who last I checked haven’t won a game without heavy ref favoritism in at least a year. thankfully the refs are in the Browns pocket now so it should be another dominating Browns blowout victory this Sunday night!

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

One thing about the Browns is we do always seem to show up in prime time, and play well against non division teams that should murder us. Fun fact the Browns actually hold one of the better head to head records against the Patriots in the Bill and Tom era. Then again this Browns team has expectations and hubris so we gonna lose by 30.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Were I a betting man, I’d probably take the Rams to cover. Aaron Donald is going to make life miserable for Baker.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

Asema posted:

The fact you think the playoff odds are the same must mean you originally thought it was pretty low to begin with right?
Second in the division and being on the bubble for the wildcard spot, yeah.

Ben looked really bad against the Pats.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
This is Greg Robinson’s revenge game.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Ash Ketchum would somehow complete more passes than the current NFL leader? ??? Get this poo poo out of here latinotwink1997

And how many Pokémon has the great Dalton captured? Zero. Yea, that’s what I thought.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
You think that guy never played Pokemon? The only dorkier QB is Flacco.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
i think this guy

was too busy getting pussy

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/NFL_DougFarrar/status/1175134243921391616

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Ben's dead, baby. Ben's dead.