Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Honestly, Picasso deserves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Pillboi!

https://twitter.com/startrekcbs/status/1172567177381072896

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

These loss edits keep getting more and more abstract

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Rarity posted:

These loss edits keep getting more and more abstract

:golfclap:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

zamiel posted:

There's going to be a 6 'webisode' series online about how the Bad Place selected the 4 dingdongs for the experiment. The first one is already up on the EW's site exclusively and I didn't see it anywhere on youtube. Find it here along with an article. Should be good.

"Wait, did I not tell you the rules? Oh.. My being"

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

zamiel posted:

There's going to be a 6 'webisode' series online about how the Bad Place selected the 4 dingdongs for the experiment. The first one is already up on the EW's site exclusively and I didn't see it anywhere on youtube. Find it here along with an article. Should be good.

These were fun . Did anyone else notice that in webisode 3, the menus they were ordering lunch from were the Bad Place version of the menu for JJ’s Diner from Parks and Rec?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Still no Emmy for Megan :(
https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/1173393294698483712

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Please tell me Patton won...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

swickles posted:

https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/1173398973052141569

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

swickles posted:

https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/1173398973052141569?s=21

And i realized <60 seconds ago that I missed the Emmys tonight. gently caress!!

Edit: gently caress, beaten like Megan Amram and Patton Oswalt at the Emmys

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe
What did Patton Oswalt do that was Emmy-worthy?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

tarlibone posted:

He narrated Megan’s miniseries. Also that really long speech about a hypothetical reboot of Star Wars from Parks and Rec. Though that was a while ago.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
If the Star Wars thing was from a while ago, than why would Patton get an Emmy for it now??

pwn
May 27, 2004

Vietnamwees posted:

If the Star Wars thing was from a while ago, than why would Patton get an Emmy for it now??
It should be considered every year until it receives the recognition it so richly deserves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BBhNkywMJY

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

tarlibone posted:

This year was for An Emmy for Megan, but has been nominated before for his stand up specials, and he won once, not sure which one. But it spurred the amazing photo of him in a tux, holding his Emmy award, and drinking whiskey from the bottle in a fast food joint parking lot.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Is there anywhere for people outside the US to watch the webisodes?

pwn
May 27, 2004

The Lord Bude posted:

I tried for like a day to rip or record them for archival and re-hosting purposes to no avail. If anyone knows anything, please, I reiterate The Lord Bude's sentiment.

pwn fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Sep 18, 2019

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

Going by how Star Trek's similar miniseries was handled, I bet it goes up on Netflix right around the midseason finale.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
So based on those webisodes, Glenn is totally pulling a Michael next season, right?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

MaxieSatan posted:

So based on those webisodes, Glenn is totally pulling a Michael next season, right?

It's likely but im sure he might do something unexpected instead like an uprising

pwn
May 27, 2004

Heads up: Tonight at 10/9c, NBC will air a 1-hour Fall Preview special, hosted by D’Arcy Carden.

quote:

Hosted by D’Arcy Carden of “The Good Place” and featuring comedy stars Bradley Whitford, Anna Camp, Kal Penn and more, this special takes an in-depth look at NBC’s new fall lineup.

Whether or not she’ll be in-character as Janet is unknown, but I’m guessing she will. The premise of Janet presenting TV show data is too good to not do.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

All webisodes are up on NBC.com now https://www.nbc.com/the-good-place/

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

pwn posted:

https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/1173398973052141569?s=21

And i realized <60 seconds ago that I missed the Emmys tonight. gently caress!!

Edit: gently caress, beaten like Megan Amram and Patton Oswalt at the Emmys
The main Emmys are this Sunday, they did the (untelevised) Creative Arts Emmys last night.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Edge & Christian posted:

The main Emmys are this Sunday, they did the (untelevised) Creative Arts Emmys last night.
Oh man. That’s a relief. Thanks dude

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Xelkelvos posted:

It's likely but im sure he might do something unexpected instead like an uprising

I'm going to guess "Demons who think they're part of a working system" vs "Demons who are just out to hurt people".

Here's my guess on how it ends:

After whatever goes down in S4, they change from "eternal damnation" they move to reincarnation. That way Chidi can teach lovely people ethics for a couple hundred years and then send them back down for another go around.

And then if they still suck they get more Chidi lectures until they get enough points for the Good Place.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
My guess for the ending is more along the lines of "they fix the system, but they're deemed necessary for their position to work, so they don't actually get to go to the good place"

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

curiousCat posted:

My guess for the ending is more along the lines of "they fix the system, but they're deemed necessary for their position to work, so they don't actually get to go to the good place"

I imagine they make a new "Medium place" where people basically get a year to be evaluated on their points and their potential to change without the externalities of the real world loving things up. The Soul Squad sticks around i nthe medium place to help people along and recruit others to help them and possibly reevaluate the multitudes of people in the Bad Place that probably didn't necessarily deserve to be there.

And watch this theory be blown apart by episode 3

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Xelkelvos posted:

I imagine they make a new "Medium place" where people basically get a year to be evaluated on their points and their potential to change without the externalities of the real world loving things up. The Soul Squad sticks around i nthe medium place to help people along and recruit others to help them and possibly reevaluate the multitudes of people in the Bad Place that probably didn't necessarily deserve to be there.

And watch this theory be blown apart by episode 3

Well, since they have Jeremy Bearimy the soul squad could always take a vacation and come back if it turns out that what they're doing works.

Also, and this still bugs me. Mr. Rogers is in the Bad Place and no one has pointed it out. Like, that should be a bigger deal amongst the humans. Even if Jason just asks offhandedly like "Wait, Mr. Rogers is in the Bad Place? What did he do wrong and who do I Molotov cocktail to fix it?"

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

You have to be as good as Mr. Rogers and Bob Ross combined to go to The Good Place.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

It was probably some asinine thing like getting -1000000 points for supporting a monarchy (Land of Make-Believe)

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I'm wondering if they will go down the route that no-one could really deserve the Bad Place as eternal punishment for a finite period of time on Earth.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

My guess is there will be The Good Place which is based on Michael's experiment and The Better Place

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

It's called Cinncinati

pwn
May 27, 2004

pwn posted:

The Lord Bude posted:

I tried for like a day to rip or record them for archival and re-hosting purposes to no avail. If anyone knows anything, please, I reiterate The Lord Bude's sentiment.

Update: I managed to rip them (with the audio peaking. Sad) but Vimeo nailed the absolute gently caress out of me when trying to upload them. Thankfully I was using a sock account. So i have them but no way to post them.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe
My guess is that the four of them succeed in fixing the whole good place/bad place system, but the new rules they helped to create force them to undergo a special appeals trial. And, at that trial, everyone they've ever wronged is called, one by one, to testify. They even have clever nicknames for all of them. At the end, they're judged, and they're sentenced to a legit bad place for one year. They go to their temporary holding cell where they'll wait for transport to the bad place, and the screen suddenly goes black.

fin.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Eleanor is War, Tahani is Death, Chidi is Famine, and Jason is Pestilence, and the four of them tampering with the system brings about the end of humanity.

Aerox fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Sep 18, 2019

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I think Tahani would be Famine and Chidi would be Death in that scenario

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
They went back and forth for five centuries because Chidi couldn’t decide and they finally just flipped a coin

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Koalas March posted:

I think Tahani would be Famine and Chidi would be Death in that scenario

Nah, given the existence of Buridan's rear end, Chidi is a perfect choice for famine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buridan%27s_ass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Jason called War so he can yell "Wartles"