Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

What's up with NBN plans, I swear NBN 100 was about 69 to 79 dollars a few months back and now I'm moving house and every ISP under the moon is absolutely offering 89.99 across the board.

Where is, the competition. Only one below 89 bucks is Kogan at 85 but I dunno if I want to support some dropshipping oligarch?

ISP refuses to grandfather my old plan at the old rate.

gently caress this country.

Keep an eye on Gizmodo, they do NBN plan run downs nearly every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

*smells farts*

Ah yes, the free market.

Also gently caress the free market

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
There is no competition bc they’re all wholesaling the same service which is owned as a monopoly by 1 private company

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Yeah I was on 69 bux with Mate Communicate but apparently moving address means you cannot keep your plan.

Since when? Just change the billing address you cowards.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
^^^ Don't forget the "moving address fee" which can be loving huge.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

There is no competition bc they’re all wholesaling the same service which is owned as a monopoly by 1 private company

I'm very lucky to be on cable broadband lad down by Neighbourhood Cable in regional Victoria a decade ago.

The company's been sold half a dozen times since and it's now iinet, but they're still $79.99 for unlimited data.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

JBP posted:

My unlimited 80+Mbps connection is $69

Nice

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/sep/17/bogong-moth-tracker-launched-in-face-of-unprecedented-collapse-in-numbers

quote:

Every spring, 4.4 billion bogong moths migrate up to 1,000km to the alpine regions of Victoria and New South Wales ahead of the summer heat.
But for the past two years, the number of moths that have made the journey to those areas from breeding grounds in Queensland, NSW and western Victoria has crashed to almost undetectable levels and scientists are turning to the community for help.
Bogong bloody moths of all animals are disappearing, we're so incredibly hosed, piss

Box of Bunnies posted:

Who even knows. They have a certain amount to help you out with getting new clothes for interviews or if you're starting a job or, I guess, if you're doing some training through them. About a decade ago I was doing some thing with the same service where they sent a group of us out to a bunch of different stores like Big W and some specific clothing stores and stuff to get quotes for clothes for interviews and then paid that for us

This particular instance I've agreed to do this cleaning training thing because sure, it's free labour wherever they have us working, but it's also some professional practice I haven't really had before and I have nothing else doing so like :shrug: but then she got to the point where she was supposed to offer the clothes service and because I look and sound like a man because I'm a pathetic joke of a tranny she was just like "go check out the nearby menswear store for some suitable clothing." I honestly think she didn't even realise what she did, like if it was anyone that actually naturally read as a woman she wouldn't have been like "Yeah, hit up the Lowes and get back to me," there'd be other stores they have arrangements with, it's just my particular bullshit and why i had no business pretending to be a woman in the first place when obviously nobody is falling for it
You deserve better regardless, sorry this happened

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

The Liberal Party of Australia.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Anidav posted:

What's up with NBN plans, I swear NBN 100 was about 69 to 79 dollars a few months back and now I'm moving house and every ISP under the moon is absolutely offering 89.99 across the board.

Where is, the competition. Only one below 89 bucks is Kogan at 85 but I dunno if I want to support some dropshipping oligarch?

ISPs will be lucky to be making a more than a couple of bucks gross profit on those $90 100/40 plans. NBN wholesale costs are so ridiculous that NBN basically have to throw in backhaul for free, as the official backhaul cost is an eye watering $17.50 per Mbit.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
speaking of boots

another shoe drops
https://twitter.com/J_C_Campbell/status/1173904612106985474

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Getting a reference letter for volunteering doesn't sound all that nefarious.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

JBP posted:

Getting a reference letter for volunteering doesn't sound all that nefarious.

"references for jobs that could lead to permanent residency"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

drunkill posted:

So? People really want a PR and getting work that means a potential PR is a holy grail. I'd be mad if she was lying or something.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
All good references on CVs are massive lies

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I mean lying about getting a PR maybe, but a reference to potentially get a job that might get a PR is very whatever to me. Party volunteers have been out for themselves since the dawn of democracy.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Setka is being interviewed on Radio National and Hamish is going after him for swearing. I'm not saying the guy's a saint but Jesus Christ our media is trash.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Tone, TONE, T O N E

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Was listening to the senate yesterday. Every time someone mentions the climate or environmental damage the living soul Malcolm Roberts asks for leave for a minutes statement where he basically goes “debate me u cowards”. This happened four times within the hour I was driving.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Biiiiiiiiiillllll!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

Biiiiiiiiiillllll!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
top heavy santa

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

you're the voice try and understand it
make some noise and pay no tax whoaaaaoaoaooa

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

drunkill posted:

ok?

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Anidav posted:

I was about to recommend Aussie Broadband since their prices where cheap when I signed up to them, but their prices also jumped through the roof

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Stevefin posted:

I was about to recommend Aussie Broadband since their prices where cheap when I signed up to them, but their prices also jumped through the roof

Thier plans don't look like they've changed much

If you actually pay attention to your usage they let you increase quota in $1 increments if you don't actually use "unlimited"
I think I pay $76/Mo for my 50mbit

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

Box of Bunnies posted:

This particular instance I've agreed to do this cleaning training thing because sure, it's free labour wherever they have us working, but it's also some professional practice I haven't really had before and I have nothing else doing so like :shrug: but then she got to the point where she was supposed to offer the clothes service and because I look and sound like a man because I'm a pathetic joke of a tranny she was just like "go check out the nearby menswear store for some suitable clothing." I honestly think she didn't even realise what she did, like if it was anyone that actually naturally read as a woman she wouldn't have been like "Yeah, hit up the Lowes and get back to me," there'd be other stores they have arrangements with, it's just my particular bullshit and why i had no business pretending to be a woman in the first place when obviously nobody is falling for it
this is awful, i'm so sorry. whoever comes up with jsa training has neglected to remember that the most important thing in finding employment is self-confidence, the first thing all the agents should be taught is "here are some things you shouldn't do to the client because they are in fact emotionally and psychologically shattering", with misgendering being right at the top of the list. like, that's not just unhelpful, it's actively destructive. the fact that it wasn't deliberately malicious kind of makes it worse. how many people get crushed right at the start by experiences like this, just because the agents aren't taught really basic awareness and empathy?

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

https://pic.twitter.com/2t4qeEc9BM

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
The job seeker agency network has been exposed as an outright rort several times but for some reason* it's not a huge scandal.

*the reason is that the australian people have been indoctrinated with neoliberal ideology

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Average voter:

"I am not unemployed at this point in time, and therefore, gently caress THE POOOORRRRRRRRRRRR"

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
https://twitter.com/sicksadhack/status/1174138757496225792

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Stevefin posted:

We recently signed up with Aussie Broadband and I've been really happy with them up to now. In the first few days the connection was awful (NBN problem, not ISP level) and their technicians were super helpful and got things fixed up quickly.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I submitted a DSP claim in June and have heard nothing except for a weekly SMS reminding me not to contact Centrelink about it.

Today I got a call that they can finally do an interview assessment! In mid October. I told them "Uh that's fine but I'll probably end up being in hospital again" as it looks like I've relapsed yet again, but holy gently caress. I can't wait to find out in another two months after that that they've knocked it back in the end, after six months of intense deliberation.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Apparently RDN put up a senate motion calling on the Senate to declare that anyone who sacked their workers for going to the climate strike is a bum, and the ALP voted against the motion.

loving cart em out, worthless fucks are done.

im alan jones
Feb 1, 2009

the muhammad ali of radio

https://twitter.com/BenOquist/status/1174156584244543488

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

*looks at membership card with increased sadness *

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Don Dongington posted:

Apparently RDN put up a senate motion calling on the Senate to declare that anyone who sacked their workers for going to the climate strike is a bum, and the ALP voted against the motion.

loving cart em out, worthless fucks are done.

Ah yes, Labor bad for not letting Greens appropriate iconic Labor language.

If you want to say Labor should have sucked it up and moved it anyway or put forward to motion themselves then fine, I'm not arguing that point, but don't pretend the Greens aren't playing politics by phrasing it that way deliberately and in an inflammatory way that Labor would never support.

If RDN had actually wanted the motion passed he would have phrased it in literally any other way, but since it's more important to get sick Facebook dunkz on Labah, here we are.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
QLD Labor not getting strikes is entirely consistent with the neolib values that pervade auspol.

Also, cool, looks like there's going to be a parliamentary enquiry into the family court system and here I give you the most cursed sentence I think I've read this year:

quote:

Pauline Hanson sparks fury with claim domestic violence victims are lying to family court, Citing prominent grievance among men’s rights groups, One Nation leader says she has personal experience to back up claim

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Whitlam posted:

I'm not arguing that point, but don't pretend the Greens aren't playing politics by phrasing it that way deliberately and in an inflammatory way that Labor would never support.

If RDN had actually wanted the motion passed he would have phrased it in literally any other way, but since it's more important to get sick Facebook dunkz on Labah, here we are.

Anastasia Palaszczuk literally just told people they should only strike on their lunch break or weekend. Do you really think Labor would have passed this in any form at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Why do men's rights advocates have this much of an in? It's weird as poo poo