Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

amigolupus posted:

IIRC, Civil War II started right around the time we got the announcement about Brie Larson getting the role of Captain Marvel in SDCC. While it made sense to have Carol be one of the main stars of the event so people who don't know much about her would buy Civil War II, I thought it was incredibly stupid to make Carol the leader of the fascist faction.

Civil War II was literally conceptualized so Marvel could have a new comic called "Civil War" on the stands as Captain America: Civil War was in the theaters. Captain Marvel wasn't announced until a month after CW2 #1 came out, so I'm not so sure those were anything more than coincidental given the lead time for a comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Also can I say that wherever it emerged from and from whoever's mouth, the "dead gay forum" meme loving sucks and if you're not personally either gay or dead (I'm only one of these but I'll never say which) I don't think you should say it. I don't know a thing about most goons' personal lives so who am I to judge, but I definitely side-eye every post it pops up in.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:hmmyes:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Archyduchess posted:

Also can I say that wherever it emerged from and from whoever's mouth, the "dead gay forum" meme loving sucks and if you're not personally either gay or dead (I'm only one of these but I'll never say which) I don't think you should say it. I don't know a thing about most goons' personal lives so who am I to judge, but I definitely side-eye every post it pops up in.

Agreed - though it does have a sort of sweet origin from an old movie where a pair of teens set up a double murder of a bullying football star and his friend. They pose the bodies in a way that they think will get a rise out of people because they assume the town is homophobic, but at the funeral the football star's dad tearfully declares "I love my dead gay son!"

(at least i'm assuming that was the origin..)

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Heathers was a wild movie

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

Heathers was a wild movie

Remember when Christian Slater was cool?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Rhyno posted:

Remember when Christian Slater was cool?

Wait, he... he's not anymore?

....gently caress I've been living a lie

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Snackmar posted:

Agreed - though it does have a sort of sweet origin from an old movie where a pair of teens set up a double murder of a bullying football star and his friend. They pose the bodies in a way that they think will get a rise out of people because they assume the town is homophobic, but at the funeral the football star's dad tearfully declares "I love my dead gay son!"

Well, I just aged into dust.

Not sure if it was because somebody called Heathers an old movie or because I just realized it came out 31 years ago, but either way, I'm dust.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh I thought that was a Tom Holland Spider-man reference.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

site posted:

Brian's the person who wrote so many angry paragraphs in defense of zack snyder and mos he literally got both topics banned from the movie thread right

no that was McCloud iirc

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
I love my alive straight message board

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Wait, he... he's not anymore?

....gently caress I've been living a lie

He's cool again cause of Mr. Robot.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Snackmar posted:

(at least i'm assuming that was the origin..)

What the hell

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Billzasilver posted:

What the hell

Heather's, it's an amazing movie.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jim the Nickel posted:

I love my alive straight message board

Did you just assume what the orientation of this comedy forum is????

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
So first off I am gay so go ahead and jot that down.

site posted:

Brian's the person who wrote so many angry paragraphs in defense of zack snyder and mos he literally got both topics banned from the movie thread right
This...:saddowns: is literally the most hurtful someone has said to date. To accuse someone of defending Zack Snyder...I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemies...just wOw

Archyduchess posted:

Me because slamming somebody by talking about how many dicks they suck is homophobic dogshit?

Anyway, the more I've grown and the more I've spoken to younger people involved in whatever branch of nerd culture, and have gotten to know people my age who were just involved in different corners of it, the more I respect fan-fiction and the people who make it, and wish I hadn't jumped so eagerly on the easy "lmao fan-fiction sucks" train back when that seemed like the only train in town.

It seems like a really crucial outlet for fans who wanted and continue to want representation that isn't there in the media they consume-- more and better female characters, queer characters, PoC, etc..-- and decide to patch together these ad hoc communities to make that representation happen. It seems like a really cool thing to do, a lot cooler than the way I engaged with comics as a teen, which was mostly just getting into shouting matches on the CBR forums, and I meet a lot of people for whom it was a really meaningful stage in their development as writers.

Also as I got more into zine-making and micropresses in college and grad school I realized how flimsy the distinction between "fan" and "not fan" felt-- especially in superhero comics where presumably most writers are fans to some degree-- and that I really much more admire people who want to make something so they just go ahead and make it.

I always have one or two students who say at the beginning of the semester that they don't have any writing experience, but turn in exquisitely written and way sophisticated first pieces. It turns out that in many cases these students cut their teeth on fan-fiction, but are so conditioned into thinking that that isn't "real writing" that they don't even count it.

So that's why I'm being a little pedantic about your argument using fan-fiction terms in a nonsense way. It's not an argument, it's just saying "<x> is like <y> because they both suck."
I'm sorry that I want to address this a little, because I don't want to leave a lovely impression with one of the people on here that I actually do respect.

When I referenced the term "OC do not steal," my intention was to indicate a very specific meme that invoked a very specific criticism I wanted to invoke, which is that someone created a character they believe is cool but is actually the opposite. Can we, at the least, come to an accord that this was what I intended, and if that intent couldn't be inferred from the original context of the post or a google search of the term, then that by now I have hopefully explained what the expression is to an understandable degree? It is not "<x> is like <y> because they both suck." It wasn't intended as an indictment of general fan works, or fan creators, or original characters on any broader scale than the one single character it was directed towards. It's a little bewildering to me that so many people here have projected my criticism onto those things, but I guess at the end of the day I just misread the audience. Y'all don't like memes. Y'all don't like being told what they mean. 'Kay. Message received. That's on me.

But -- and I am sorry if this comes across combative, but it is what it is -- I continue to take umbrage at the idea that I used the term in a "nonsense way" or that I made a "worthless criticism" that doesn't mean anything. The term means something, in fact it means exactly what I said and is used exactly how I used it to illustrate my criticism, and that is not subjective, that is not actually debatable, the fact that people here -- who claim to be above using online parlance in the first place -- aren't familiar with the way I used it doesn't mean that I don't know how to use it. Y'all are going to get turnt if I tell you to literally look up what OC Do Not Steal means in internet slang, but if we're going to talk about fan works and fan communities and fan identities and if, for instance, what I said may be derogatory towards them? Then we actually put in the bit of work that requires, maybe peruse a few wikis, get acquainted with the vernacular that they -- that we -- in fact use. No professor, I didn't get that answer on the test wrong, not even if everyone else answered differently. No, I will not accept the lowered grade, not for something I know more about than anyone else here does.

'Cuz those kids you talk about who participated in fan culture, who created fan works as an outlet, who are invested in fanon? Yeah so that's me. That was me years ago and it's me now, albeit less consistently. I've actually shared my works here before and been mocked for it by some of the same posters who are so quick now to defend the invisible honor of hypothetical content creators from...their own idioms.

And here's the thing about fan cultures: we're completely aware of how silly our poo poo can be. We're entirely aware of our own quirks and foibles. It is an utter culture of self-deprecation from multiple generations of kids desperate for validation instead. Self-awareness spawns self-acceptance and self-acceptance spawns in-jokes. Yes, there's a healthy amount of pride and reclamation as well, particularly in the progressive feminist circles, particularly around the idea that young girls should be able to write or indulge in any shmaltzy embarrassing thing they want to without being judged for it so, yes, some terms like "Mary Sue" are no longer used as critique by anyone who's not angrily shouting about Rey ruining Star Wars.

At the same time though?...we're not afraid to laugh at ourselves and at each other. Ask your students sometime if they ever did coffee shop AU, or what they think of the roommates trope (oh god they were roomates!), or if they're old enough to have been around for Superwholock. Wincing at your own indulgent teenage selves is part of the fun of being in fandom. People here do it too! It's not all that different from cringing at the comics you consumed in the 90s, or the fact that literally everyone here enjoyed Dan Slott once upon a time.

My longwinded point being that, as much as I understand and agree with the urge to be protective of fanwork culture, there's, uh...how can I put this? Even if I were intentionally denigrating the very concept of every single OC every written into every fic in order to drive home a point, it's...just not that big a deal? Like I feel like this is an instance of me making some inside joke about a social group that I'm literally a part of in the way that I would if I were amongst that very group, and then a bunch of people who aren't really part of the same social demographic going "Oh my god you can't say that! That's so rude!" as if that's not...literally the way we, that very group, talk to each other all the time.

And again, it's the same thing here! There's things that people say here to each other -- offhand command, snide in-jokes -- that would get you side-eyed the gently caress out of in any other context. "Dead Gay Forums" being one. The thing about SA though is that there's such a degree of unearned elitism here, so I do see why you'd think that I'm just some goon making fun of teen girls like a thousand others have done before. It's one of my biggest peeves about this place, and every community does have its own peeves; just like Tumblr takes discourse far too far, and Reddit takes it far too far in the other direction, SA has this weird high-fallutin' air like it's somehow better than the rest of the internet. But we're not, dudes. It's okay to let the dank impurity of referencing memes pervade our sacred space. Live a little, really.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 18, 2019

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I picked up the Moon Knight annual because I'm a fan of the character and had completely forgotten about the whole Acts of Evil thing. Are any of the others worth reading?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Cloks posted:

I picked up the Moon Knight annual because I'm a fan of the character and had completely forgotten about the whole Acts of Evil thing. Are any of the others worth reading?

The Punisher annual was really fun because it's got Jameson in it.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Endless Mike posted:

Civil War II was literally conceptualized so Marvel could have a new comic called "Civil War" on the stands as Captain America: Civil War was in the theaters. Captain Marvel wasn't announced until a month after CW2 #1 came out, so I'm not so sure those were anything more than coincidental given the lead time for a comic.

Brie Larson was officially cast in 2016, but the Captain Marvel movie was announced way back in 2014. So I definitely think the MCU was the impetus for making her so central to CWII

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

BrianWilly posted:

So first off I am gay so go ahead and jot that down.

This...:saddowns: is literally the most hurtful someone has said to date. To accuse someone of defending Zack Snyder...I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemies...just wOw

I'm sorry that I want to address this a little, because I don't want to leave a lovely impression with one of the people on here that I actually do respect.

When I referenced the term "OC do not steal," my intention was to indicate a very specific meme that invoked a very specific criticism I wanted to invoke, which is that someone created a character they believe is cool but is actually the opposite. Can we, at the least, come to an accord that this was what I intended, and if that intent couldn't be inferred from the original context of the post or a google search of the term, then that by now I have hopefully explained what the expression is to an understandable degree? It is not "<x> is like <y> because they both suck." It wasn't intended as an indictment of general fan works, or fan creators, or original characters on any broader scale than the one single character it was directed towards. It's a little bewildering to me that so many people here have projected my criticism onto those things, but I guess at the end of the day I just misread the audience. Y'all don't like memes. Y'all don't like being told what they mean. 'Kay. Message received. That's on me.

But -- and I am sorry if this comes across combative, but it is what it is -- I continue to take umbrage at the idea that I used the term in a "nonsense way" or that I made a "worthless criticism" that doesn't mean anything. The term means something, in fact it means exactly what I said and is used exactly how I used it to illustrate my criticism, and that is not subjective, that is not actually debatable, the fact that people here -- who claim to be above using online parlance in the first place -- aren't familiar with the way I used it doesn't mean that I don't know how to use it. Y'all are going to get turnt if I tell you to literally look up what OC Do Not Steal means in internet slang, but if we're going to talk about fan works and fan communities and fan identities and if, for instance, what I said may be derogatory towards them? Then we actually put in the bit of work that requires, maybe peruse a few wikis, get acquainted with the vernacular that they -- that we -- in fact use. No professor, I didn't get that answer on the test wrong, not even if everyone else answered differently. No, I will not accept the lowered grade, not for something I know more about than anyone else here does.

'Cuz those kids you talk about who participated in fan culture, who created fan works as an outlet, who are invested in fanon? Yeah so that's me. That was me years ago and it's me now, albeit less consistently. I've actually shared my works here before and been mocked for it by some of the same posters who are so quick now to defend the invisible honor of hypothetical content creators from...their own idioms.

And here's the thing about fan cultures: we're completely aware of how silly our poo poo can be. We're entirely aware of our own quirks and foibles. It is an utter culture of self-deprecation from multiple generations of kids desperate for validation instead. Self-awareness spawns self-acceptance and self-acceptance spawns in-jokes. Yes, there's a healthy amount of pride and reclamation as well, particularly in the progressive feminist circles, particularly around the idea that young girls should be able to write or indulge in any shmaltzy embarrassing thing they want to without being judged for it so, yes, some terms like "Mary Sue" are no longer used as critique by anyone who's not angrily shouting about Rey ruining Star Wars.

At the same time though?...we're not afraid to laugh at ourselves and at each other. Ask your students sometime if they ever did coffee shop AU, or what they think of the roommates trope (oh god they were roomates!), or if they're old enough to have been around for Superwholock. Wincing at your own indulgent teenage selves is part of the fun of being in fandom. People here do it too! It's not all that different from cringing at the comics you consumed in the 90s, or the fact that literally everyone here enjoyed Dan Slott once upon a time.

My longwinded point being that, as much as I understand and agree with the urge to be protective of fanwork culture, there's, uh...how can I put this? Even if I were intentionally denigrating the very concept of every single OC every written into every fic in order to drive home a point, it's...just not that big a deal? Like I feel like this is an instance of me making some inside joke about a social group that I'm literally a part of in the way that I would if I were amongst that very group, and then a bunch of people who aren't really part of the same social demographic going "Oh my god you can't say that! That's so rude!" as if that's not...literally the way we, that very group, talk to each other all the time.

And again, it's the same thing here! There's things that people say here to each other -- offhand command, snide in-jokes -- that would get you side-eyed the gently caress out of in any other context. "Dead Gay Forums" being one. The thing about SA though is that there's such a degree of unearned elitism here, so I do see why you'd think that I'm just some goon making fun of teen girls like a thousand others have done before. It's one of my biggest peeves about this place, and every community does have its own peeves; just like Tumblr takes discourse far too far, and Reddit takes it far too far in the other direction, SA has this weird high-fallutin' air like it's somehow better than the rest of the internet. But we're not, dudes. It's okay to let the dank impurity of referencing memes pervade our sacred space. Live a little, really.

I don't want to make too big of a thing out of it, but I'm still pretty involved with fandom, and I do enjoy reading fluffy fanfics or looking at cute fanart on my phone while I fall asleep. I really can't say that the self deprecation and applying it to others is really a thing anymore. What I am noticing more often than not is discouraging that kind of "Haha, cringe" mindset in favor of encouraging everyone, particularly kids, to just enjoy writing and drawing no matter how "bad" it may be to other people. Outside of people that do shameless smut, it really feels like making fun of OCs and the like has really fallen out of favor among fandom types, which I guess you touch upon a little. I have written fanfics in the past, and the only reason I don't still is mainly because I don't have the time for it anymore/ I have also commissioned fanart of characters and ships I really like, and the general attitude has felt like it's entirely based around making each other feel good, and not like what somebody writes or draws is going to be posted on some internet forum for nerds to laugh at like they're any better.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Cloks posted:

Spider-Gwen GHOST-SPIDER was good, if a little generic.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I feel like the most actual response this argument needs was made like four pages ago:

Roth posted:

A simple google search reveals that Ulysses transcends humanity and leaves to be never heard from again. Clearly a character Bendis desperately wanted to shove down everybody's throats for years to come.
I may not understand memes or internet slang or fanon or anything else but pretty much every way I've ever seen OC Do Not Steal used, in order of frequency

1) Something in the style of classic Rob Liefeld/Image stuff where it's obviously incredibly derivative of a popular character so when someone brags about creating Wolverine Ripclaw or Deathstroke Deadpool Bloodstrike or Dave the Hedgehog or Ms. America Vasquez or whatever else.

2) In whatever sort of Mary Sue/self-insert/take-over-the-franchise way like Mantis or Pete Wisdom or whatever that whole Gauntlet/Reckoning War/etc. thing Dan Slott tried to seed into all of his books for awhile there.

3) Apparently in the way you're using it, where an author introduces a character as a plot device to tell a one-time story.

If the legitimate confusion about this got lost in all of the rootin' tootin' Heated Comics Talk, I apologize. But I really don't see how the term applies to Ulysses or any of the characters you hated Bendis using in a plot device he has admittedly leaned on repeatedly but not to an absurd degree considering he's written somewhere over 1,000 superhero comics at this point, and has had this particular plot device take up maybe around 1.5% of all of them? Did any of them even get referenced after their initial story, besides I guess Geldoff?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Yeah, the whole OC Do Not Steel came from people making fun of barely changed Sonic OC that kids would make on DeviantArt for fun with their friends. It has since, in the realm of comics, been applied to every new character regardless of whether or not the actual character was good or not, so I guess the confusion comes from there?

As I said, I'm pretty involved with fandoms still, and I took it as yet another complaint about "how dare x writer shove this character down my throat, who do they think they are just creating things all willy nilly"

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Roth posted:

I don't want to make too big of a thing out of it, but I'm still pretty involved with fandom, and I do enjoy reading fluffy fanfics or looking at cute fanart on my phone while I fall asleep. I really can't say that the self deprecation and applying it to others is really a thing anymore. What I am noticing more often than not is discouraging that kind of "Haha, cringe" mindset in favor of encouraging everyone, particularly kids, to just enjoy writing and drawing no matter how "bad" it may be to other people. Outside of people that do shameless smut, it really feels like making fun of OCs and the like has really fallen out of favor among fandom types, which I guess you touch upon a little. I have written fanfics in the past, and the only reason I don't still is mainly because I don't have the time for it anymore/ I have also commissioned fanart of characters and ships I really like, and the general attitude has felt like it's entirely based around making each other feel good, and not like what somebody writes or draws is going to be posted on some internet forum for nerds to laugh at like they're any better.

This is kind of the heart of these 5000 word post arguments, there’s a key sticking point. There’s “OC’s” and there’s “original character do not steal” and everyone is talking past each other without realizing they’re using the word differently.

Edit: I guess the spider-gwen name would never be a good name for a pro hero, but why is she ghost spider now?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Because she was Spider-Woman before and now she spends half her time hanging out in the 616 with Jessica Drew.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Still bothers me. Like, the two Spider-Men and the two Hawkeyes hang out all the time* but two Spider-Women is just whoa too much. I don't think Jessica is fiercely protective of her brand.

*they don't hang out all the time but there's also multiple Ghost Riders without one feeling driven to drop the name.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Sep 18, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Still bothers me. Like, the two Spider-Men and the two Hawkeyes hang out all the time* but two Spider-Women is just whoa too much. I don't think Jessica is fiercely protective of her brand.

*they don't hang out all the time but there's also multiple Ghost Riders without one feeling driven to drop the name.

Yeah I think it's weird too, but Miles Spider-Man and Kate Hawkeye explicitly exist in the context of the other people with their codename in a way Gwen Spider-Woman didn't, so I understand why they wanted to give her a more separate identity if she was also going to be hanging out with Jessica Drew.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Okay, since they moved Miles to the 616, did they do anything to acknowledge that originally he went by Spider-Man is because he watched Peter Parker die saving people and was inspired by it. I had assumed that with the 8 month time skip after Secret War there would be a thing where 616 Spider-Man was presumed dead or something and they'd fold that in, but from what I read of Miles book it never came up.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

TwoPair posted:

I think it was more Gwen looking to reinvent herself after the whole jail time/Gwenom/Matt Murderdock thing.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Isn’t spider-woman the most common name in all of marvel? I swear there were like 6 of them running around at the exact same time once.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Billzasilver posted:

Isn’t spider-woman the most common name in all of marvel? I swear there were like 6 of them running around at the exact same time once.

There's a poo poo ton more Captain Marvels. And I think there's been a total of three Spider-Women and one of them is from another universe. There's definitely more Spider-Men as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Billzasilver posted:

And Peter isn't seeing a dime.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Skwirl posted:

This is now the post your favorite Ulysses meme thread.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Okay, since they moved Miles to the 616, did they do anything to acknowledge that originally he went by Spider-Man is because he watched Peter Parker die saving people and was inspired by it. I had assumed that with the 8 month time skip after Secret War there would be a thing where 616 Spider-Man was presumed dead or something and they'd fold that in, but from what I read of Miles book it never came up.

I don't think so? But then again Miles is in some weird state where in his book right now he's currently getting flashes of memories from Ultimate, as though he didn't come from there, but also seemingly never getting a new backstory, being surprised when his uncle was alive again, and knowing there was an evil Miles.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Valkyrie is really good. It's a nice of blend of 'mythic Marvel' and 'standard supervillain Marvel.' Good twist at the end.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Yeah, the art was great and it was amusing to see how it integrated both the Ten Realms and the events of No Road Home.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Dawgstar posted:

Valkyrie is really good. It's a nice of blend of 'mythic Marvel' and 'standard supervillain Marvel.' Good twist at the end.

Also, I can already tell Mr. Horse is going to be a great new character.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I haven't picked the book up since I'm trade waiting, but does the final, print version of the Abrams' Spider-Man #1 have Sara Pichelli's art looking really JPEG-y with clean lettering like the preview images I've seen online (and in articles like this: https://www.polygon.com/comics/2019/9/18/20870550/j-j-abrams-spider-man-1-mary-jane-ben-parker-spoilers)

Thanks!

Note: SPOILERS in linked article.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

howe_sam posted:

I think it was more Gwen looking to reinvent herself after the whole jail time/Gwenom/Matt Murderdock thing.

Well, it is, but also iirc she literally says she doesn't want to call herself spider woman because there already is one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
if marvel is gonna let ewing put out 13 pages stories, they shouldve let whitley reduce his page count and keep wasp around instead of just flat out cancel his book

e: oops double posted

site fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 18, 2019