Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I know it's completely against everything they stood for, but the KLF should've sued the documentary filmmakers for trademark infringement just because it was that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I saw "What the bleep" with a bunch of people who had seen it before and thought it was brilliant. There's a framing story of Marlee Matlin playing a photographer and it's poo poo in such a way that if you didn't know who Marlee Matlin was it's a twist at the end that she's deaf.

They got really pissed when I said, "hey it's that deaf actress" when she first popped up, because they thought it was a brilliant twist and I'd ruined it for people who hadn't seen it.

She's an academy award winning actress who has also appeared on some of the most popular television shows ever. She is literally the worst possible person to cast if you want a character's deafness to be a secret from the audience.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
You're own loving newspaper counts as social media, correct?

https://twitter.com/LivvyFanon/status/1174019828845359109?s=20

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/Zachanassian42/status/1174092343173091329

When capitalism was LESS fettered than it is now? Uhhhh

It's true though that absolutely nobody today has to work long hours at multiple jobs to make ends meet, thank god that isn't a thing that happens all the time.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1173954759071547392

Dat ratio.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

zoux posted:

Oh I'm not absolving her of that poo poo, she definitely windfell her way into a professorship off of calling Tucker Carlson an sexist pig: it's just that the lion's share of gleeful screencapping and tut-tutting is coming from Splinter and Buzzfeed writers who think that they deserve such a professorship.

https://twitter.com/kath_krueger/status/1085230687316295680?lang=en

You think the woman who dates one of the founders of the "dirtbag left" gives a poo poo about "problematic" 8 years old tweets from a 20 year old? I don't recall her going after Amber A'Lee Frost or Anna Khachiyan over their Spiked article. (though the CTH and RS people seem cool with each other, their fanbases are at war)

I follow and like all these people, I just think their transparent jealousy any time someone gets a job they think they should've/could've gotten is the Worst Twitter.

Katherine is joking. The “ma’am” is a huge giveaway. It’s mocking the people who use that ultra-serious tone on Twitter. It’s her going into a faux-Keith Olbermann shtick over v minor tweets from 7 years ago.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Boywhiz88 posted:

Katherine is joking. The “ma’am” is a huge giveaway. It’s mocking the people who use that ultra-serious tone on Twitter. It’s her going into a faux-Keith Olbermann shtick over v minor tweets from 7 years ago.

But like first she has to go find those minor tweets from 7 years ago in order to make this joke so I don't get it because it's still a lot of stupid effort if she's only pretending to call somebody out in public (by calling them out in public)

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Kai Tave posted:

I mean a hundred years ago? Yeah. The labor movement in America didn't really hit its full stride until the 30s and 40s. A hundred years ago we still had grade schoolers working in coal mines.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
And who knows, in a scant few decades you might have them again!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

«Decades» lol.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Working in coal mines to just pile up the coal and not use it, like farmers paid to grow mountains of corn to set on fire as price support.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Data Graham posted:

Working in coal mines to just pile up the coal and not use it, like farmers paid to grow mountains of corn to set on fire as price support.

Weeelllll, I mean they *do* plan to set the coal on fire. That is, in fact, the idea.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Boywhiz88 posted:

That exact tweet is linked in the article as an example of "leftist" push back, so tell it to Scaachi Koul.

I don't think she hates Trump, myself.

zoux has a new favorite as of 14:20 on Sep 18, 2019

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Biplane posted:

«Decades» lol.

Kids aren’t even that great in a coal mine.

That’s what prison labor is for

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Kids aren’t even that great in a coal mine.

That’s what prison labor is for

Just put the children in jail then work them to death down the mines.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Biplane posted:

Just put the children in jail then work them to death down the mines.

You should write articles for the times

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Remember: climate change is a result of your personal character flaws! It's your fault! Ascetic discipline and eliminating joyful things from your life are the only way to save the planet!

This is hosed up both for making people feel guilty about ultimately inconsequential lifestyle choices while simultaneously allowing them to expunge that guilt through confession and seeing how everyone else is failing to follow all the stuff your supposed to do. It's bad for many reasons

Cats deserve heated cat houses imo

zoux has a new favorite as of 15:41 on Sep 18, 2019

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Cats can never be warm enough unless literally on fire.

While the vet was shaving my cat. She noted that my cat has a layer of some arctic style fut close to the skin. Indicating that one of her parents might have been some snow landscape type cat.

Despite this. If I have a window slightly open after July she stops sleeping in my bed at night because it's too cold and instead sleeps on the heated tile floor.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Yeah well maybe we shouldn't have domesticated a desert species and moved them to temperate zones.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Domesticated, that's hilarious

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Cats domesticated humans.

The poop shovel is not the baton of command. It's the scepter of office as the first lord of the poo poo box.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Can you imagine if a country was founded on the back of slaves? That country must have a bankrupt and immoral ideology.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Ah yes, the most notable person associated with that film, producer Norman Lear.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I believe a Netflix comedy special is customary

https://twitter.com/ReportThisPost/status/1174320612136935424

The N is for Neeling

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Kai Tave posted:

It's true though that absolutely nobody today has to work long hours at multiple jobs to make ends meet, thank god that isn't a thing that happens all the time.

I literally thought the Rotary Club was just a socializing thing for really old people until just now. I went to one of their events once because my great-uncle was doing his standup routine, and there wasn't another person in the building who was within two generations of me.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Service clubs like KoC, Lions Club, Junior League etc. are all extreme boomer poo poo

I sleep in a Facebook meme, do you?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

zoux posted:

Service clubs like KoC, Lions Club, Junior League etc. are all extreme boomer poo poo

I sleep in a big bed with my bitch wife.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Why is the guy a skellyman and the girl is just flesh

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Death and the Maiden is a recurring motif in Western art. This bedspread is part of a centuries-long artistic tradition and you should all be ashamed for mocking it.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

zoux posted:

That exact tweet is linked in the article as an example of "leftist" push back, so tell it to Scaachi Koul.

I refuse to speak to a Roger Smith persona

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Kai Tave posted:

I was in grade school when a teacher, for some reason that defies me to this day, decided to show us this movie. Thankfully my brain was young enough that most of what the movie was pushing went right over my head instead of sending me down the path of quantum channeling and trying to influence water with my mind, so I grew up to become a much more conventional sort of idiot instead.

e; wait gently caress, this came out in 2004? Hold up, then what the gently caress DID we watch? It was some weird spiritualism-as-physics thing but I guess it can't have been this. Wow I guess today I'm the idiot on social media.

Yeah, I had a teacher play this for my class in high school. Really makes you think, man.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Push El Burrito posted:

I sleep in a big bed with my bitch wife.

I still don't understand the rationale behind "censoring" those words. Like uh, who cares so precisely that F@CKING can be several feet wide but needs to be nominally censored?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pththya-lyi posted:

Death and the Maiden is a recurring motif in Western art. This bedspread is part of a centuries-long artistic tradition and you should all be ashamed for mocking it.

My philistinity...exposed

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

500 good dogs posted:

I still don't understand the rationale behind "censoring" those words. Like uh, who cares so precisely that F@CKING can be several feet wide but needs to be nominally censored?

Probably makes it easier to display the image on social media or Walmart shelves or wherever.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

500 good dogs posted:

Broke brains. I guess if you grow up with bleeping on TV. Everyone knows what the real word is, but it is the social norm to cen*or.

Edit: This isn't the boomer thread.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

RabbitWizard posted:

Edit: This isn't the boomer thread.

No it is

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1174353086070104066

Also the Nazi thread and the gamer thread BUT I REPEAT MYSELF

Here's the article if you want to read it

zoux has a new favorite as of 17:06 on Sep 18, 2019

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Eschenique posted:

Cats can never be warm enough unless literally on fire.

Yes, they can. Ever wonder why cats tend to sit in sinks and bathtubs? It's because the porcelain or other material is cooler in temperature, so the cat's sitting there.

The thing with cats is that they're terrible at regulating their internal body temperature, so they seek out warmer or cooler places to sit when they're feeling too cold or warm. Cat is cold? Sunshine, computer exhausts, you. Cat is hot? Bathtubs, sinks, tile floors.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My cat prefers whatever bag I need to use that day

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

zoux posted:

Can I get one of those specifically for a god-fearing, vodka drinking, forklift truck operator born on a Tuesday in October?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/nbcchicago/status/1174353660429647874