Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Adapt requires a creature to be +1/+1 counter-free, and Growth-Chamber Guardian only finds another if it adapts.

Yeah I realized I was an idiot. But you can still respond to the etb trigger with adapt, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

and Growth-Chamber Guardian only finds another if it adapts.
false

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

GCG specifically isn't "when it adapts". It works the same way Hadanas Climb worked with it.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Oh it's if it gets any +1/+1 counter, so it gets another guardian as an ETB.

That's even better.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Guardian will actually tutor for free if you cast it with Henge in play

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

you'd need to pay the nullhide tax, so you'd spend your 5 mana and be left with the 2 mana from the henge

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Henge is really loving good guys

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Variants

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Sampatrick posted:

I think you can cast it for 5 pretty easily and at that point you can start churning through your library with a deck full of elvish visionaries. It's a must answer card or else you probably can't win - against aggro you're clogging up the board and gaining life every turn, against control and mid-range you're drawing multiple cards a turn. It's really, really good.

Its obviously a hard card to eval unless you throw it in a deck and play it. It could definitely be powerful if a right deck exists. That is a lot of upside to have when you tap it to cast creature spells.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Sampatrick posted:

Henge is really loving good guys

But, no, forums MVP and perpetual mcmagic successor Sickening posted a hot take that it's actually bad.

Which, given his track record makes this thing literally Neceopotence

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Oh poo poo he walked that back so fast how did he not trip?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

Goatsehenge

no ring

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Love to suplex a sheep

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Toshimo posted:

But, no, forums MVP and perpetual mcmagic successor Sickening posted a hot take that it's actually bad.

My hot takes are easily the worst hot takes in the thread don't insult my honor

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

I'm not good enough at magic to tell if this card is good or bad. I think good though.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Toshimo posted:

I didn't even say it was bad. I more alluded to if it was more of a win more card. Calm your tits.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Is that Hakurei Reimu

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Yo this would be great in modern with faithless loo- oh wait

Oh also, it's a wizard, which would make it great in standard with Naban and other card dr- oh wait

In all seriousness, with some of the cheap cantrips we've already seen, this could be pretty sweet since it has a reasonably fat enough body to stick around after it's cast.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

*record scratch* Yup, that's me. You're probably wondering how I got here, right?

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Sampatrick posted:

I'm not good enough at magic to tell if this card is good or bad. I think good though.

I want to say it’s good but I feel like a lot of the decks you would want to play it in are already pretty stacked in the 3cmc slot.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I wanna make a Golgari deck with rotting regisaur to that tries to cheat out the Henge on turn four to,

Uh

Hmm.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Oceanbound posted:

Is that Hakurei Reimu

No, that is legally distinct character Hackery Raymoo

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
We did have a hot take of "bad because Smolferi exists" though.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
It's good with radical idea and insight though which might be sufficient. 3 damage is a ton.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Turning every cantrip into lighning bolt/strike seems good.

If the coming standard includes much cycling, esp cycling lands, I think this gets pretty busted.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Tibalt posted:

I wanna make a Golgari deck with rotting regisaur to that tries to cheat out the Henge on turn four to,

Uh

Hmm.

Cast more Rotting Regisaurs and poo poo, but bigger-er.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

*record scratch* Yup, that's me. You're probably wondering how I got here, right?

the planeswalker's new groove

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

If the coming standard includes much cycling, esp cycling lands, I think this gets pretty busted.

I mean, that wall saw play. Sometimes reach like this works really well.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
see that one's bad because narset exists

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Doesn’t die to Bolt

Turns your Ponders into Bolts

Turns your EoT Brainstorms into also Bolts

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Seems strong. Pretty easy to ramp this out on turn 4 or 5 and then just run over your opponent. Even in a straight up aggro deck probably worth running a couple just to keep the gas coming.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Doesn’t die to Bolt

Turns your Ponders into Bolts

Turns your EoT Brainstorms into also Bolts

The intersection of formats where Brainstorm is legal and people will pay 3-mana for a 0/4 durdle is the bill set.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Toshimo posted:

The intersection of formats where Brainstorm is legal and people will pay 3-mana for a 0/4 durdle is the bill set.

it's called Historic

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
...huh, so it is

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/MTGGoldfish/status/1174342085912203265

classic

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Owlbear Camus posted:

Only the first cantrip on your turn. It's not enough by itself, maybe in a Phoenix deck though, is it better than the three mana drake?

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Magic Underwear posted:

Only the first cantrip on your turn. It's not enough by itself, maybe in a Phoenix deck though, is it better than the three mana drake?

Radical idea on your turn and then insight on their turn. It's the perfect combination.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Magic Underwear posted:

Enigma Drake is rotating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Irencrag Pyromancer seems great for dinner table magic with that BR 2/2 that gets you a card every turn. Lightning bolt every turn until the end of time woo!

I'm not saying it's good. I'm saying it's fun.