Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zeond posted:

Yakuza 0 is incredibly good but the final two dance battle substories are nearly impossible and Miracle's second substory is even harder. I somehow managed to beat Isobe by 60 points but resorted to cheat engine after twenty attempts at beating Ogita. Thankfully beating Miracle is not necessary to complete the substory and Kiryu accepted that he'd never beat the king of pop.

As I recall, it's easiest to do those dance battles on medium difficulty, as it's easier for the player than hard but the NPC opponent also does less well than on easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.

Hav posted:

Well, I keep telling people to look at Chris' wrist in that skit, because it's the only thing that suggests 'money' to my inner Guttersnipe, Pickpocket and Ne'er Do well. It's like the only thing that fits.

Unless they went and 3D-printed every gee-gaw rather than get a hold of a vacuum-fab bed. Strangli's belt has those plastic utility boxes on it.

Speaking with a friend of mine who does paid Marvel cosplay (in addition to children's charity events), he said that using top end fabricators for a highly detailed costume like Iron Man or even The Predator would be between $5k-$7k to produce.

That must have been a hell of a watch he was wearing

Quote from my buddy "Like a full on movie-grade Vader is about $5000".

Corzen fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 18, 2019

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

If the 100k rumour was real, they would have just told us what it was for instead of alluding to it.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1174360033510903808

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Tokamak posted:

If the 100k rumour was real, they would have just told us what it was for instead of alluding to it.

Sometimes people in this thread treat every rumor the same way Star Citizens treat the babbling of Chris Roberts as outright fact.

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.

Tokamak posted:

I think Bootcha is saving the information for his next Sunk Cost Galaxy video. He's already in possession of information he's not shared with the thread yet. So, likely he'll drop it his next installment. He's rather a stickler for due diligence.

Corzen fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 18, 2019

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

For having 90k followers, their engagement numbers are truly pathetic. Nobody cares anymore.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

What does this have to do with any... ah. They needed to jam the word "flyable" in there so people who don't know any better would think this isn't a scam. Doesn't hurt to tenuously link to a real property while they're at it.

Star Citizen is like a malignant tumor that attaches to and feeds from actual existing products and services. It's embarrassing as gently caress to have Star Citizen attempt to attach itself to your property. Poor Lego.

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

chaosapiant posted:

Nothing I said had anything to do with me backing or checking out Star Citizen, so I'm not sure what "baited by Chris's dream" means? I've never pledged or given any money to CIG, so I'm not sure if you're actually answering my post or someone else's by mistake?

It was a general comment. I include myself in the "you".

The reason I say "baited by Chris's dream" is that the expectations / standards for space games have mostly become unrealistic. Instead of being happy with cool space games, everybody will now slam those games because they're not the ultimate thing.

There was a recent article from the Everspace guys that goes deeper into that, I dunno if anybody has the link to that interview ? Basically they explained that tons of players gave them poo poo because Everspace didn't have space legs, trading or other sandboxy elements. For a game with a $700K budget.

Meanwhile the Star Citizen dream does not exist either. We're now living in a weird time were player's expectations are totally disconnected to reality and we have Chris Roberts to thank for that.

Nyast fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 18, 2019

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Quick, I'm no expert, but which one of these 4 ships is actually "flyable" in the game.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Corzen posted:

Speaking with a friend of mine who does paid Marvel cosplay (in addition to children's charity events), he said that using top end fabricators for a highly detailed costume like Iron Man or even The Predator would be between $5k-$7k to produce.

That must have been a hell of a watch he was wearing

Quote from my buddy "Like a full on movie-grade Vader is about $5000".

I did this for a while until I got a real nice Cease and Desist letter from Microsoft for the Master Chief armor I was making and selling quite a few years back. Materials alone would be in the $5k arena. Hell, the molding process alone using platinum cured silicone was in the thousands and about 100+ hours of sculpting. But there is nothing there that looked anywhere near the $100k mark. The most complicated thing to make is a full helmet mold and all they did was add some stickers to some store bought motorcycle helmets. More theft I suppose.

But watching that video again sure showed me one thing. That one commando was REALLY super pumped to point that gun at Sandi and have her on her knees. Wasn't that that Shap Cap sperg?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Iceclaw posted:

This game taught me what was happening just off-camera in the clip of Thriller: an angry japanese man beating zombies with a motorcycle.

Hey, Roberts might introduce space zombies. One never knows.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

S1rmunchalot posted:

The information is out there, the problem is that it is spread over years and has never been collated into one place so that backers who hear something dismiss it because it doesn't seem relevant to anything they have heard. I understand that it can be hard wading through all the FUD spreading and negativity. Let's take one or two examples.

Aboard the UEE Stanton in the vertical slice we have Liam Cunningham at the height of his fame in Game of Thrones, the Onion Knight delivering lines about his son. Someone was paid to write those lines, someone was paid to lip-sync mocap those lines and a decision was made that it was important enough to have a AAA character of his calibre deliver those lines.. yet most people just think it's fluff and filler. He could have talked about the guy he had just talked to in the hologram and the situation facing Shubin Interstellar Mining Corp colony Archon Station.. but instead he chats about his son to you a relative stranger. Why would anyone think that is not a significant thing?

In the early days of development they weren't worried about giving out spoilers for Squadron 42 because in their minds Squadron 42 was all there was, there was no notion of it being a completely separate universe. Chris talked about the game as a 'drop in, drop out campaign. You did missions and in-between missions you went shopping, trading, exploring in the places where your character was visiting during the war. There was no whole planets, it was planned as a standard hand-built level design game with invisible walls and loading screens hidden by 'on rails' in engine cinematics. You can see it in the old videos of anything before the pupil to planet video. That sharing of Squadron 42 development progress ended when Eric left and Erin took over as head of global development. Suddenly all the information about places being created for the game dried up. They stopped talking about Terra, Vega, Magnus, Goss and Pyro. The backers who decided they just weren't happy went around telling everyone all that work was wasted, CIG just dumped it. Yet never give a really satisfactory answer as to why anyone would do such a thing. Instead they yell 'source!' at any who challenge that idea that Chris Roberts was mismanaging and being wantonly wasteful, rather than respecting the communities wish to have the best game universe ever. It wasn't Chris Roberts who demanded feature creep, it was the community throwing money at him that made the decision. Imagine if we had given $250 Million and he came back to us with a game set on a few player maps around 10km square each? If we'd found out that we could have had whole planets to land ourselves and explore, build on, we would have roasted him alive if he'd said 'NO!'

It is not up to anyone to prove a negative.. it is up to them to prove that development on all those assets didn't continue. They can't do that since CIG deciding not to share information is not the same as there being no information. Wouldn't we have a valid argument to put to Chris Roberts if we said to him.. 'If all those places weren't necessary to the Squadron 42 storyline then why was it such a priority to create those places when there was much less money and a lot less developers on the team?' Why did they build a whole city with underground railway system - Terra Prime - if Squadron 42 has to be the priority and Terra doesn't feature in Squadron 42? Why go to the extreme of building a full city to feature as a massive wall mural in one of their offices? Because it might be ready to drop into the Alpha PU 'one day'? How long has that wall mural been there?

Context is everything, if you have made up your mind about something you tend to dismiss any information that doesn't fit your view. This happens a lot in the community. Information is ignored, questioned and dismissed, people pay attention to those who show no real intent to do anything other than express an opinion without offering any evidence while they demand evidence from those who counter their opinions. I gave up doing that because it is not up to me to spoon feed the lazy and opinionated.. time will tell who is more informed. One thing I recommend is to follow @grafton and read his post history. You might be surprised at some of the things that pop up in the quotes he cites. He does whole block quotes which on the face of it are to inform a discussion he is interested in adding to, but as an aside there is other information that neither he nor any reader points out and says.. "Oh that is interesting I never knew Chris said that" Fairly recently he made a post where he was quoting Chris Roberts (I've looked I can't find it yet) talking about Terra and Earth being featured in Squadron 42. He quotes another developer talking about the difference between citizens and civilians and how citizenship is gained. Chris doesn't repeat himself, if he knows the information is out there (even if it is years old) he will not worry if people don't go find it. Just because someone bought a game package back in 2012 or 2014 doesn't mean that they have taken any time to inform themselves about the plans and lore for the game. Chris likes to surprise people, even the lazy or forgetful.

Just recently Todd Papy talked about the solar systems being developed for the Alpha PU (Stanton), the Squadron 42 PU, and the wider PU to come - he takes some time to explain the differences, he's very specific about it. He makes it very clear these are different priority sets. Solar systems for a Squadron 42 PU. When I post and point this out others try to reason it away with nonsense arguments again ignoring other information, such as the Squadron 42 trailer features the attack on Vega. Admiral Bishops speech takes place in the UEE Senate in New York. There are posters and a hologram of Imperator Costigan in both Levski and Lorville habs referring to an election and graffiti telling how corrupt they think he is, or just that he's an rear end in a top hat. no-one asks.. why are there posters of Imperator Costigan in the Lorville habs?

All you need to do to piece the information together is ask yourself, why? If they are always short of time money and staff, why include that information, why do the level designers put up postcards of places that feature in the game universe? They can't find anything else to decorate the place? Why do they make a video of a new tropical paradise party planet in the universe when all they want to do is show off a ship becoming flyable? When people lose the negativity and 'get your eye in' you realise the developers are dropping hints all over the place. Todd Papy does it a lot while junior staff are always terrified of blurting something out they ask Jared.. 'Are we allowed to talk about that yet?' completely forgetting that Jared can edit video if he needs to and the Twitch live stream is always on a delay.

There are those who insisted that Squadron 42 only takes place in the Odin system, even still, completely ignoring the fact that we already had CIG lore posts of the Super Dreadnought Retribution being involved in the battle of Oberon in 2946 - afact not mentioned in the current star map information. The conference room they use for SC Live streams of F42UK staff is called Retribution and the Retribution Super Dreadnought is etched into the glass door of that conference room. A partially built Retribution was shown in engine screencaps at the UEE shipyard at MacArthur in the Kilian system. Why would they do that if it is still a distant dream to get it into the game? Why did they build such a massive game asset so early on in development (the latest it could have been built was 2015)... again less staff and less money at the time. https://starcitizen.tools/Retribution

We don't generally put pictures on the wall of vague dreams, the pictures we hang are mostly of the places and people we already know, the things that inspire us. The things that they see, and we don't, or something to remind us of what we experienced yesterday and may have forgotten. The truth Is out there, you just need to look.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/will-star-citizen-have-a-main-story/2386150

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Dooguk posted:

Which of the world's great chess players will they have to mocap?

Deep Blue.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Scruffpuff posted:

Space Court isn't entirely boring. My favorite part was when the cult theorycrafted whether or not the judge would compromise her work ethic because her dad something something space, therefore she'd see the incredible things CIG was trying to do. The arrogance was staggering - the fact that they equate Chris Roberts's brain-fart with some kind of monumental advancement in our understanding and appreciation of space exploration - and that their failed-model viewer is so incredible that a US judge would literally sacrifice her job to defend it.

Peak Space Court was the group of Citizens writing letters to the Judge about how amazing Chris’ vision is and imploring her to dismiss the case.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

WTF was that? Does S1rmunchalot understand what he writes? Or is he one of those prose writing bots?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
So, here's what I understand:

Indeed, movie quality off the shelf Vader costume is about $5k on average, yes. But that's from a pre-made mold and the assumption is you're an average sized dude.

So the question becomes how can you inflate a cosplay costume's price to stupidly high levels of expense?

There are three ways I know of for sure.

1) You hire a professional Hollywood costume shop to make it on rush. Not some independent crafts(wo)man ahead of time. Valuable time, and quality unionized labor. You need something good quickly? That's going to cost money. No no, I don't think you- Oh, you'd like to give us that much money. Okay, sure. Hey boys, we got a moneybags order, let's get it done and then get drunk.

2) Custom tailoring. You are not using any pre-made molds for form-fitting parts. You have to cast and measure the "talent". That requires new work that cost-saving measures of prior prefabs cannot help you with.

3) Revisions. I mean, this is the Roberts we're talking about. The first go-at-it is never accepted.

Now, the question of "Is it Sandi's costume alone, or the collective price tag of all the costumed folks" still has to be answered. There's a vagueness in sources that leaves that portion un-clarified. I'm still researching it.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hmm.. a Chieftan, a Challenger, and a Type 7. Is that one in the bottom right meant to be an Eagle Mk2?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Agony Aunt posted:

Hmm.. a Chieftan, a Challenger, and a Type 7. Is that one in the bottom right meant to be an Eagle Mk2?

That top right one doesn't look anything like a Type 7. It looks like those big long ships from freelancer that looked like the ribcage/spine with centipedge arms grabbing cargo. I can't explain it any better than that but you know the ones.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Rotten Red Rod posted:

W O W

https://twitter.com/Mr_Hasgaha/status/1174040315193384960

Lol and the cherry on top is that the full article is paywalled

From the company that made a company based off of stealing artwork, the stuff their own customers do is also now being stolen.

It's a steal-ception the likes of which only a company so great could do!

I mean you'd think that they could easily log into their totally done alpha game and take their own screenshots, instead of have to waste time doctoring other people's screenshots.

But I guess that involves actually playing the game. Something not even Chris Roberts is dumb enough to do.

It's a good thing CIGs customers are willing to play that poo poo and pull out something that looks good, otherwise it's renders from Maya photoshopped on top of google image search pictures for beaches, sunsets, and clouds all day long.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Star Citizen

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Bottom right, thats one of the hoverjet thingys out of "Avengers Assemble" and "The winter soldier" isn't it?

Looks exactly like one tbh. :shrug:

Quinjet concept image:

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Sep 18, 2019

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

The Titanic posted:

From the company that made a company based off of stealing artwork, the stuff their own customers do is also now being stolen.

It's a steal-ception the likes of which only a company so great could do!

I mean you'd think that they could easily log into their totally done alpha game and take their own screenshots, instead of have to waste time doctoring other people's screenshots.

But I guess that involves actually playing the game. Something not even Chris Roberts is dumb enough to do.

It's a good thing CIGs customers are willing to play that poo poo and pull out something that looks good, otherwise it's renders from Maya photoshopped on top of google image search pictures for beaches, sunsets, and clouds all day long.

Nah this one is actually the fault of the website that did the article, not CIG. Still funny though.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Sabreseven posted:

Bottom right, thats one of the hoverjet thingys out of "Avengers Assemble" and "The winter soldier" isn't it?

Looks exactly like one tbh. :shrug:

Thanos' ship

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

iospace posted:

How long till Chris demands ray tracing

Well he's already had Ryan tracing.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

mp5 posted:

Thanos' ship

Thanos's ship looks like Van Damme when he did counter-top splits in Timecop. Go ahead try to not see that now.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kosumo posted:

Well he's already had Ryan tracing.

:rimshot:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Bootcha posted:

Indeed, movie quality off the shelf Vader costume is about $5k on average, yes. But that's from a pre-made mold and the assumption is you're an average sized dude.

So the question becomes how can you inflate a cosplay costume's price to stupidly high levels of expense?

1) You hire a professional Hollywood costume shop to make it on rush. Not some independent crafts(wo)man ahead of time. Valuable time, and quality unionized labor. You need something good quickly? That's going to cost money. No no, I don't think you- Oh, you'd like to give us that much money. Okay, sure. Hey boys, we got a moneybags order, let's get it done and then get drunk.

2) Custom tailoring. You are not using any pre-made molds for form-fitting parts. You have to cast and measure the "talent". That requires new work that cost-saving measures of prior prefabs cannot help you with.

3) Revisions. I mean, this is the Roberts we're talking about. The first go-at-it is never accepted.

Now, the question of "Is it Sandi's costume alone, or the collective price tag of all the costumed folks" still has to be answered. There's a vagueness in sources that leaves that portion un-clarified. I'm still researching it.

:cripes:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Man, if I'm spending $100k on a costume it better be a fully functional battlemech or something

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

lol

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Bootcha posted:

Nah ..... All backer money goes into the development of Star Citizen and SQ42.

Chris has said so.

(When I first seen them in these clothes was the first time it was apperent to me just how much this was a real cult. Years later and nothing as happened to make me think that it's not a cult.

It's a cult, a very exploitative cult.)

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Nyast posted:

I've been "arguing" with a guy that they already had hundreds of developers a year or two after the Kickstarter. Got called a liar. Linked CIG's own promotional videos where they explicitely gave the numbers ( hint: 110 devs at Citcon 2013 and 268 devs in June 2014 ).

His answer ? ".. but but but... they started with 12 developers !".

I'd love to get links to those videos if you don't mind- I like to keep a handy list of various times CIG has outright stated things that run completely counter to the believed narrative, and the entire 'how long in development with how many people' is one of the more common ones.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1174390469402382336

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

chaosapiant posted:

That top right one doesn't look anything like a Type 7. It looks like those big long ships from freelancer that looked like the ribcage/spine with centipedge arms grabbing cargo. I can't explain it any better than that but you know the ones.

Stop spreading FUD you fudding FUDster.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

You see, that's totally organic grass roots marketing going on there. Not a paid shill at all.

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

What about that was AWESOME?

The dudes janking about inside the Valk? The Hornet crashing into the Valk because his framerate was probably so poo poo he couldn't avoid it?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

FailureToReport posted:

The dudes janking about inside the Valk? The Hornet crashing into the Valk because his framerate was probably so poo poo he couldn't avoid it?

Nah man, that one ship randomly exploding and then the other ship randomly flying into the dropship and exploding while having zero effect on the dropship WAS TOTALLY AWESOME

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

FailureToReport posted:

Rexzilla's acting abilities? I mean, he somehow makes it look like he's having fun playing Star Citizen!

Sandi could learn a lot from that RedBull chugging weirdo.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

FailureToReport posted:

If we learned anything during GamesCom, CIG is very good at tagging along with things\people\places for marketing.
Who at RedBull thought that was awesome? Cringe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Why does he remind me of :

It might be the gross "energy" drink I guess. Or, that he's basically sacrificing integrity for money.

Meh.

E: Energy drinks are loving nasty, don't drink them.

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 18, 2019