Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Meat Loaf is going to reveal that Bush Obama did 9/11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

T-man posted:

He won't do that

https://twitter.com/notcomradecora/status/1173432258738446340

*Looking at damage he knows was there before I moved in* UwU whats this

E: actually this is a cursed thread you are warned

https://twitter.com/DaRealChipex/status/1173673881871298560

zoux has a new favorite as of 18:49 on Sep 18, 2019

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

If ET shows up I'm never laughing at Tom DeLonge's crazy rants ever again :toxx:

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
So this may require a bit of background:

At present there is currently a viral video going round of a gentleman yelling at our Prime Minister Boris Johnson for coming into hospital to do a press event and not actually fixing hospitals. His very young child almost died last night due to how understaffed the hospital she is in is. That Gentleman is also a Labour (opposition party) activist and obviously that is the more important thing to highlight, which is exactly what our state sponsored media has done:

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1174318564397985793

Check out that loving ratio, and the fact that she is pointing out who he is to a load of baying chuds.

It's taken me a long time but seriously gently caress the bbc.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Josef bugman posted:

It's taken me a long time but seriously gently caress the bbc.

Berth ell pup

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1174382034195832837

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

https://twitter.com/Cary_Elwes/status/1174124906327330816

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I hate the princess bride just off of how much people tell me about it so I'm totally down to watch the terrible remake and tell everyone it's the better version without watching the old one.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

T-man posted:

I hate the princess bride just off of how much people tell me about it so I'm totally down to watch the terrible remake and tell everyone it's the better version without watching the old one.

You've been the monster all along

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

T-man posted:

this may be the most perfect troll ever devised for white people in their 30s

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

T-man posted:

StrangersInTheNight posted:

this may be the most perfect troll ever devised for white people in their 30s

And I almost fell for it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1174296567978897408

Why would you have kids in this era. Also it seems like everyone was cool with internet dudes being thirsty at a 15 year old girl!

Fyi there is a somewhat racy picture of the 13 year old in question at the top of the story.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
On Princess Bride, my brother actually felt the same way, hadn't seen it but had already grown tired of the catchphrases, but when my mother and I watched it a few weeks ago he joined us and actually found himself enjoying it. That's why I always hate catchphrases though, they often work in context but out of context lose all meaning, like the old thing with "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, prepare to die!" As a catchphrase with no context it's a very generic sentence so if you haven't seen the movie it's a boring phrase. However the brilliance is in the context - Inigo says that when he finds the 6-fingered man he'll say that to him, but what you only get watching the movie is that that's all he says to him. The entire fight, he just repeats that phrase, driving the 6-fingered man to frustration as he refuses to give him the satisfaction of a real banter. Also that he's fighting on auto-pilot after suffering a catastrophic injury due to a sneak attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZuDBJHUT-k

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How did y'alls teachers handle the "I want my father back you son of a bitch" when you watched it on movie day at school

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Looks like a real joy to know.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1174296567978897408

Why would you have kids in this era. Also it seems like everyone was cool with internet dudes being thirsty at a 15 year old girl!

Fyi there is a somewhat racy picture of the 13 year old in question at the top of the story.

I've never heard of her before this, but (and this is based entirely on her father's statement, and god knows a non custodial father knows everything going on and would never lie to make an estranged mother look bad) this sounds more like the problem is her mother allowing her to do this poo poo. So just don't have kids with someone who would be in favor of your kid being this extremely online and sexually exploited.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I've never heard of her before this, but (and this is based entirely on her father's statement, and god knows a non custodial father knows everything going on and would never lie to make an estranged mother look bad) this sounds more like the problem is her mother allowing her to do this poo poo. So just don't have kids with someone who would be in favor of your kid being this extremely online and sexually exploited.

I don't mean that specifically it's just part of the general hellgestalt created but instant connectivity to a billion human minds via the internet.

https://twitter.com/HighCrownGroup/status/1172676340870451201

THOSE ARE ROOKIE NUMBERS

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1174353226759622662

zoux has a new favorite as of 20:41 on Sep 18, 2019

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

zoux posted:

Service clubs like KoC, Lions Club, Junior League etc. are all extreme boomer poo poo

I sleep in a Facebook meme, do you?

"Yo make sure she still has flesh on her bones so no one thinks it's gay. Also censor it because tough people can't handle swear words in their homes"

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

zoux posted:

Domesticated, that's hilarious

I know it's a joke but this kinda rhetoric keeps furthering the idea that cats "deserve freedom" to run around outside, killing wildlife and dying from cars

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dog it's a post in PYF it ain't anything-furthering rhetoric

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

goblin week posted:

I know it's a joke but this kinda rhetoric keeps furthering the idea that cats "deserve freedom" to run around outside, killing wildlife and dying from cars

We didn't domesticate cats though. They domesticated themselves.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

T-man posted:

Do not besmirch the Meat's good name!
*Reads wiki*

Oh... Carry on. I'm just gonna go cry over Bat out of Hell.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Not Meatloaf! Please tell me Meatloaf is cool. If Jack Nicholson can turn out to be progressive then Meatloaf should be able to ace that.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Skwirl posted:

We didn't domesticate cats though. They domesticated themselves.

An amusing thing I've noticed in my neighborhood is a lot of (collarless so i'm assuming they are strays) cats that just meow at me expecting me to feed them or let them in somewhere, and i'm just like "Nah, not my house mate, can't help you. Seems it's not yours either anyway"

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Eschenique posted:

Not Meatloaf! Please tell me Meatloaf is cool. If Jack Nicholson can turn out to be progressive then Meatloaf should be able to ace that.

I have good news about Smashmouth though!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BioEnchanted posted:

An amusing thing I've noticed in my neighborhood is a lot of (collarless so i'm assuming they are strays) cats that just meow at me expecting me to feed them or let them in somewhere, and i'm just like "Nah, not my house mate, can't help you. Seems it's not yours either anyway"

Ah my incendiary cats-deserve-freedom rhetoric is already paying dividends...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BioEnchanted posted:

Yeah, they started hanging around us because we left trash everywhere that they could eat and then eventually we decided they were cute and started letting them inside our houses.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Eschenique posted:

Two words: mitt Romney.

I'm sorry bruh

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Every pop figure you love is a loving monster corrupted by the money, fame, and sheer loving capacity to do lovely things. Deep down, I think many of us would at least try a rich person drug trip or buy just one vacation in a 69 star hotel. And judging from the very, very low number of people who set up some fund to get 50k a year and buy a house somewhere cheap when they win the lottery, it's pretty drat likely to get you hooked.

The good news is, even billionaires aren't evil, they're just addicts to power and should be treated with kindness and respect in their recovery. Trying to figure out a way to deprogram rich people is praxis change my mind.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Guillotines are quick and efficient

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
To be honest, I'd just like a nice house with a kick-rear end home theater and if I was gently caress-off rich I'd probably build an actual movie theater in my house. I honestly can't imagine doing anything as depraved as hosting an underground hobo fighting ring with a six figure cash prize. Certainly not more than twice a year.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Eschenique posted:

If you’re not not joking I have terrible news for you

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Absolute best response in that twitter thread is some guy saying "I respect you. You make more money than them so you should get to do what you want."
Like just outright abandoning any pretense of wealth being something that's earned, let alone deserved, or even that contribution to the world, its people, or your community matter. Just "you've got money. I respect you!"

BioEnchanted posted:

On Princess Bride, my brother actually felt the same way, hadn't seen it but had already grown tired of the catchphrases, but when my mother and I watched it a few weeks ago he joined us and actually found himself enjoying it. That's why I always hate catchphrases though, they often work in context but out of context lose all meaning, like the old thing with "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, prepare to die!" As a catchphrase with no context it's a very generic sentence so if you haven't seen the movie it's a boring phrase. However the brilliance is in the context
"The cake is a lie" is easily one of the biggest recent examples of this I can imagine. Out of context it's completely meaningless. I guess people think it sounds random, therefore funny?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

"The cake is a lie" is easily one of the biggest recent examples of this I can imagine. Out of context it's completely meaningless. I guess people think it sounds random, therefore funny?

bro that was 12 years ago

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Absolute best response in that twitter thread is some guy saying "I respect you. You make more money than them so you should get to do what you want."
Like just outright abandoning any pretense of wealth being something that's earned, let alone deserved, or even that contribution to the world, its people, or your community matter. Just "you've got money. I respect you!"

Exactly, or the Lemon Rant which is actually a tragic moment as it's Cave Johnson realising he's hosed up so hard it's literally killed him and he's having a severe mental breakdown as his mistakes are proving unfixable.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

hawowanlawow posted:

I meant "recent" vs like, old black and white movie quotes, I guess? I only even put the qualifier there as an afterthought because I figured someone would scoff and pipe up about how I'm a plebeian for thinking some video game's meme line is a notable example against hundreds of years of cultural consciousness but it looks like I got pegged for it anyway, whoops.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

I meant "recent" vs like, old black and white movie quotes, I guess? I only even put the qualifier there as an afterthought because I figured someone would scoff and pipe up about how I'm a plebeian for thinking some video game's meme line is a notable example against hundreds of years of cultural consciousness but it looks like I got pegged for it anyway, whoops.

better luck next time

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

No, that doesn't sound right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

hawowanlawow posted:

better luck next time
Wait wait wait, let me read you a draft of my thesis on how "arrow to the knee" is an irresponsible memetic misappropriation of contextually mediocre writing.