Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I started playing again after a pretty long break. It is a pretty chill game still and there seems to be a bit less salt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
The most shameful of Zeratuls.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
There's probably less salt because no one good plays it anymore. Less people raging at objectively awful teammates.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If someone is raging in QM they probably aren't very good.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
My suggestions in game are probably seen as salt. I just want people to go to objective or lane instead of dicking around until we lose.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I always beeline to the obj and stand around waiting for the timer to go down. Then I frantically type gg obj?? After I get ganked.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I do follow the "whatever it is your team is doing, do it together" idea but sometimes you can just tell they don't know what to do. Some people aren't willing to follow but don't have any ideas. Its frustrating.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

One of the issues is that typically people in this game are such confrontational jerks any sort of advice comes off as an attack because that's what you have been conditioned to expect. You really have to be careful since it's possible to set anyone off when they have just been screamed at by some guy that went on to throw because that person wasn't playing right in a previous game.

I don't think there's really a solution since blizzard games really attract this sort of negativity outside of just being overwhelmingly cheerful at the start of matches (this has actually worked for me and gotten some people to come back mid melt down).

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 18, 2019

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
One of my favorite beginning lines that I've read in chat was "Good luck, have fun until we start losing and yelling at each other."

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Grimdude posted:

There's probably less salt because no one good plays it anymore. Less people raging at objectively awful teammates.

Yeah, after a bunch more games I'm going to say everyone is QM is garbage. I am too, but as long as I'm able to pull off a few cool or funny tricks each game I'll keep playing. And some of the poo poo that happens just makes me laugh out loud, like the game where three and then later four hapless enemies got deleted by our team's Zarya/Feenix beam combo.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
It's funny because while I most enjoy playing exciting Assassins or Bruisers like Nova or Artanis, I've come to terms with the fact that I have a much better time playing heroes like Azmodan or Stitches where I have enough range or health to be independent enough to have fun regardless of how competent my team is.

Aaod
May 29, 2004
I loved pre nerf Nova and to a lesser extent Stitches because I could heavily punish people who were out of position, but they kind of destroyed her. The hell is the point of a hero with less utility and escapes who does the same burst damage and worst sustain than other assassins? Stealth still doesn't work in high level play either but that is a whole other discussion.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

Aaod posted:

I loved pre nerf Nova and to a lesser extent Stitches because I could heavily punish people who were out of position, but they kind of destroyed her. The hell is the point of a hero with less utility and escapes who does the same burst damage and worst sustain than other assassins? Stealth still doesn't work in high level play either but that is a whole other discussion.

Oh yeah, the Stealth element is virtually useless. All it does is provide a minor shield against auto-target attacks. You can still set up ambushes and spec for a fairly decent burst-damage with armor-piercing rounds, but you really need the support of your team to do it without rolling the dice on whether you'll get discovered and destroyed.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

You can just hold still for a second and be totally invis? Seems useful but I never play nova

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Nova's old OitC build was like cleave kerrigan and slam build stitches, huge winrates at average ranks and not really a thing at higher levels. (I loved all three of these builds).

Their nova rework gave her way more tools but (eventually) toned down her damage to the point where she's no longer fun, and the snipe stack mechanic plain sucks. The stealth changes werent the problem in her case.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 20, 2019

Kaal
May 22, 2002

appropriatemetaphor posted:

You can just hold still for a second and be totally invis? Seems useful but I never play nova

Oh for sure, but people know to look for that and use vision-granting or check bushes and the like. It works when it works, and gets you killed when it doesn't, so it's not super reliable.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Medivh is better for scouting in basically every situation since he’s hard invulnerable.

Aaod
May 29, 2004
Ironically I was able to play li-Ming somewhat similar old Nova by building her to be less teleport oriented, but it just isn't as fun or satisfying.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Bogart posted:

Medivh is better for scouting in basically every situation since he’s hard invulnerable.

Medivh can go gently caress himself through his own portals. What a dumb hero that's only counter strategy is hoping the Medivh player is bad. Or I guess his teammates could also be bad enough to make him lose. And this is a GM complaint I've heard too, there really isn't counter play to him. I pretty much never see games where he loses other than sheer buffoonery.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Blizz: just chain CC on him lol

(nevermind that every single hero is weak to chain CC)

edit: also the new whitemane is dumb as gently caress, AA build should not outshine beam build in terms of healing output but here we are

Kith fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 21, 2019

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Isnt AA build riskier?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Grimdude posted:

Medivh can go gently caress himself through his own portals. What a dumb hero that's only counter strategy is hoping the Medivh player is bad. Or I guess his teammates could also be bad enough to make him lose. And this is a GM complaint I've heard too, there really isn't counter play to him. I pretty much never see games where he loses other than sheer buffoonery.

diablo

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Yeah seems like a build will have the same trouble as running Tyrande, your healing will suck if your team constantly runs away and leaves.you as Frontline.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Why is junkrat getting reworked? He seemed fine.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Junkrat was fine but his talent diversity was abysmal. Who did anything but buff Frag Launcher?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Level 1: Put Some English On It, no contest.
Level 4: Taste For Explosions for 90% of the playerbase or Gotta Trap 'Em All! for the 10% that's weird.
Level 7: Tricky Shuffles for about 50% of the playerbase. Trap Talents were taken for Gotta Trap 'Em All! users.
Level 10: RIP Tire if you're competent and Rocket Ride if you're in a Brawl.
Level 13: Ripper Air if you wanted to never get caught and Chattering Teeth if you needed the extra zoning.
Level 16: Endless Nades if you're competent.
Level 20: The only tier with genuine pick diversity.

Junkrat didn't exactly have best build syndrome like some heroes do, but most of the unmentioned talents from my little list there were almost completely unused.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Me and my friend used to go Chromie + Junkrat and I'd always go Gotta Trap Em All and it'd make the other team's life hell

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Chattering Teeth is a slam pick for the sound effect alone.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Bogart posted:

Medivh is the best Assassin, full stop.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

I'll agree that Diablo is obviously busted. Way easier to play than Medivh too.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I will stand by Rocket Ride as a fun and useful ability.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Rocket Ride is fun and good and if I wanted to riptire I’d play overwatch.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
its not just that rocket ride is bad, its that rip tire is preposterously strong.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Just have fun and do what you want. Also mute the chat.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

RIP Puckish Scamp, you were too good and pure for this world.

New Junkrat owns.

New Whitemane rapidly waffles between awful and utterly busted. She did not need and should not have AA talents.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Doing the rocket ride over and over again was a lot of fun.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Wait they removed the rocket ride spam? It was one of my favorite ways to finish off games

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
My fav Blizzard thing is their slavish devotion to remove ALL OF THE FUN THINGS

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Just saying that the event skins own. I wish I was a Hammer main now because her skin is A++.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

I heard they broke Whitemane like they did with Tyrande. Now they both suck at healing AND damage.

I used to really like Tyrande too, even before her W was broken for a while.