Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Desperate Character posted:

I can't believe ___Sabo___ is loving dead

like seriously is it even worth teasing about that

I'm a bit worried about Vivi and her father though :ohdear:

also :bignews: proving why he is the best bird

Right? This is NOT COOL Oda! I hope it's wrong. Luffy shouldn't have to lose his new brother

Maybe he's been captured and someone else died but this time Luffy manages to save him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
There's no way they'd just chump Sabo off-screen.

I love all this stuff that's happening but I have to say that I'm way more vested in Capone's family reunion than yet another earth shattering revelation.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The DJ of words needs a crossover with J Jonah Jameson, they'd be unstoppable together.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Morgans being a huge badass is the best kind of twist

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
blackbeard must be racing to alabasta for pluton, sabo and vivi are tied to it too somehow

edit: new guess, imu killed cobra and sabo is taking vivi back to alabasta for pluton with the news reporting that sabo killed cobra

drjuggalo fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Sep 19, 2019

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So what was the :bignews: that Garp had for Neptune?

There's three newses Morgans references:
Assassination attempt
Sabo died
Shichibukai were disbanded

Neptune would have known about the Shichibukai decision. And besides, Garp said it had something to do with Alabasta.

I reread all the Reverie chapters just now and there is an ominous cliffhanger where the Gorosei ask Im what light needs to be snuffed out. Im had previously been sticking knives through the portraits of Luffy, Shirahoshi, Blackbeard, and... Vivi.

So presumably there was an unsuccessful assassination attempt on Vivi. But who carried it out? Why? Who's being blamed? Does it have something to do with the Alabasta royal family being the only founding royal family not to become Tenryubito? The Gorosei was worried that they'd figured something out.

I'm guessing that is the piece of news Morgans got in trouble for too. It probably would be bad press for World Government member royalty to be subject to an assassination attempt on their way back from Reverie. It's interesting that the chapter never comes out and says any more about it, even though it wouldn't be a huge revelation at this point.

Desperate Character posted:

I can't believe ___Sabo___ is loving dead

like seriously is it even worth teasing about that
I mean, for real. I literally don't believe that.

Maybe it's a ploy to draw out Blackbeard. Seems like he's interested in the fruit. But whose ploy? I doubt ___Sabo___ would help out the government, even to take out Blackbeard. This is assuming that he's obviously not dead. If it would be easy for him to disprove the claim that he's dead if he weren't either cooperating or captured.

On an entirely different line of thinking: could there be a fakeout and the "Light that needs to be snuffed out" was actually ___Sabo___'s? Perhaps someone else made an attempt on Vivi.

I actually have no idea why that would be the case though. It's just kind of suggestive how vague it all is.

Eiba fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Sep 19, 2019

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ODA
INTERMISSIONS ARE SUPPOSED TO RELIEVE TENSION

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I wonder if Oda increases a character's role in the story based on fan reaction? Morgans has gone from an amusing throwaway party guest to a top 10 character for me...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i was hoping we might see mihawks bounty to prove he actually is a pirate

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

drjuggalo posted:

edit: new guess, imu killed cobra and sabo is taking vivi back to alabasta for pluton with the news reporting that sabo killed cobra
This theory seems pretty sensible to me. Garp says the news would make Neptune fear humans, and a regicide matches their previous experience. The only thing that doesn't quite slot into place is the mention of an assassination attempt instead of a successful assassination.

Looking forward to Coby and Hancock interacting, given their relationships with Luffy!

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm betting that the Boa vs Coby interaction is literally a verbal battle over who gets to be the President of the Luffy Fan Club

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Cat Machine posted:

I wonder if Oda increases a character's role in the story based on fan reaction? Morgans has gone from an amusing throwaway party guest to a top 10 character for me...

We have no idea what the fan reaction to Morgans is outside of this thread

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Holy crap at this rate Coby is gonna be a Vice-Admiral next time he meets Luffy

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Plutonis posted:

Holy crap at this rate Coby is gonna be a Vice-Admiral next time he meets Luffy

Name a better glow up than my man Coby

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I would be extremely down to see Coby vs Hancock.

Wonder what happened to Bonny as well.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Coby and Hancock will bond over their mutual love of Luffy

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

whadda chapter

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

OldTennisCourt posted:

I'm betting that the Boa vs Coby interaction is literally a verbal battle over who gets to be the President of the Luffy Fan Club

How are they going to fight for a position already taken up by Bart?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope he's dead

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
People, people, this is One Piece. There's no way an extremely formidable major important character (a goddamn Logia here) is going to be killed offscreen, especially when left hanging on vague plot threads. And the World Government has a history of lying and bad intel. (Jack has been pronounced dead two or three times iirc) There's been a big theme of how simply hearing people talk about something without a flashback is unreliable at best even when they don't have an agenda.

Also, jeez, Hancock is NOT going to let the World Government take her or a single Amazon alive.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

sabo isn't dead, he's the suspect in whatever went down. probably the assassination of vivi. i'm sure they're both fine anyway

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

here's what I think is gonna happen. it's gonna turn out that actually sabo was captured (because of course he's not gonna get killed off screen) and this time luffy succeeds in saving his brother. maybe they first learn that sabo's dead from the news but then learn he's not from that cp 0 guy on wano

also here's a shot in the dark: after beating them, luffy teams up with one or both of the emperors on wano to fight the marines

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, there's no way in hell Oda would just randomly kill Sabo (or Vivi for that matter) offscreen like that. There's probably more to this that we'll learn about later on.

Coby meeting Hancock should be fun though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Larryb posted:

Yeah, there's no way in hell Oda would just randomly kill Sabo (or Vivi for that matter) offscreen like that. There's probably more to this that we'll learn about later on.

He won't but he should

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Andrast posted:

He won't but he should

What's your problem with Sabo?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Larryb posted:

What's your problem with Sabo?

He's lame as hell

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
we saw sabo get blown up and he wasnt dead lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
literally the least likely character to die outside of the straw hats

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
wasnt there an unidentified warlord, or am i thinking of admirals

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yeah there's still green bull

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Relin posted:

wasnt there an unidentified warlord, or am i thinking of admirals

Who are all the current warlords anyways?

1. Buggy, obviously
2. Boa, obviously
3. Weevil, obviously
4. Mihawk, obviously
5. Doflamingo? Does he still count? I would think he'd be demoted
6. Gecko Moria? He was supposedly killed at marineford, but then we saw he was still alive.
7. Jinbe? I guess he was a worlord while in prison, so Doflamingo might be, but I'd think after marineford he'd lose the title.
8. Law was a warlord at some point, is he still one? I forget.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm pretty sure law and jinbei's titles were revoked

moria might have been killed by blackbeard's crew but we don't know for sure

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Reading the new chapter: :bignews: Holy poo poo! I'm sure some things are being "told" as misdirection so time will tell. I'd be interested to see how CP0 messes with Wano's upcoming event too.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

CodfishCartographer posted:

1. Buggy, obviously
2. Boa, obviously
3. Weevil, obviously
4. Mihawk, obviously
6. Gecko Moria? He was supposedly killed at marineford, but then we saw he was still alive.
7. Jinbe? I guess he was a worlord while in prison, so Doflamingo might be, but I'd think after marineford he'd lose the title.

Well I think Kuma is still on the roster but somehow I don't think they'll have much trouble with him.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

CodfishCartographer posted:

1. Buggy, obviously
2. Boa, obviously
3. Weevil, obviously
4. Mihawk, obviously

Jinbei lost his title for refusing to help with the marineford war, which is why he was in prison in the first place. After helping with the prison break, he remained kicked out of the warlords.

Law lost his title after his alliance with luffy made the news.

And Doflamingo lost his title after the purple admiral guy sent him to jail.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
could the world government possibly have gone about this in a dumber way

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The “current” warlords are the ones shown in the chapter. They never replaced Doflamingo and Law. Not sure if Kuma was still considered a warlord but I think he was despite his current situation.

Edit: gatdamn I’m slow

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

also excited for drake

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
X Drake calling in to Marine HQ was cool

Rear Admiral Coby was even cooler. Coby just exploding through the ranks, hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I mean, IIRC ever since Marinford there's been a near constant state of flux in the Warlords with people leaving, being demoted, dying etc. It hasn't been a stable situation ever since Luffy beat Crocodile tbh.