Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Prior to Eldraine, there was only 1 card that removed a creature's abilities and was a cantrip. It was also green.

Checkmate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

JerryLee posted:

Should've saved this for Theros.

given the name and the fact that one of our characters is planeswalker who makes things into elk, I'm guessing this is a story moment

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Elyv posted:

given the name and the fact that one of our characters is planeswalker who makes things into elk, I'm guessing this is a story moment

It's out of the story when the king is turned into a stag.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

rkajdi posted:

It's out of the story when the king is turned into a stag.

I guess he's now buck wild.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sampatrick posted:

this is such a color pie violation man im tilted out of my noggin

wow, magic's very own mark rosewater, here with us

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Sampatrick posted:

its an enchantment removal spell, thats so anti-green imo

Isn’t there a turn to treefolk enchantment removal in green already?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

mandatory lesbian posted:

wow, magic's very own mark rosewater, here with us
Nah, I think Maro says "bend" or "break" since that's what all the fuckheads repeat endlessly alongside using "strictly better"

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Considering that I think rosewater loving hates Song of the Dryads I imagine he should hate this card too, but probably doesn't for some reason he definitely didn't just make up.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Making a creature a smaller or bigger creature sounds green to me

I get the impression that the reversible nature of it makes it less egregious than Beast Within.

Actually now that I think about it this is just a white card, what the gently caress?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Isn’t there a turn to treefolk enchantment removal in green already?

Lignify.
Also, Song of the Dryads.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Skyl3lazer posted:

Considering that I think rosewater loving hates Song of the Dryads I imagine he should hate this card too, but probably doesn't for some reason he definitely didn't just make up.

Flavor.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

moush posted:

Flavor.

But Oko is also blue so this could have ALSO been blue!! :argh:

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

ungulateman posted:

Making a creature a smaller or bigger creature sounds green to me

I get the impression that the reversible nature of it makes it less egregious than Beast Within.

Actually now that I think about it this is just a white card, what the gently caress?

That's what I was saying. This green enchantment removal is just such a white ability.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Green can’t destroy permanents of any kind with an effect like Beast Within, but that’s very different to this card that only affects creatures. I think his objection to those other cards was that they blew up everything, which this specifically doesn’t

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

vegetables posted:

Green can’t destroy permanents of any kind with an effect like Beast Within, but that’s very different to this card that only affects creatures. I think his objection to those other cards was that they blew up everything, which this specifically doesn’t

No. He specifically objects to green targeting creatures with beast within. https://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/91974778588/i-dont-understand-how-beast-within-can-be-a-color

blogatog posted:

colorsofphilosophy asked: I don't understand how Beast Within can be a color pie violation when Rapid Hybridization is not. Neither green nor blue is supposed to be able to deal with creatures so easily. Why does blue get a pass where green does not?

Blue is allowed to change creatures into other creatures. Green is not. Polymorphing is a blue thing. Note that I do not like the word “destroy” on blue cards and prefer when the polymorphing exiles or puts it on bottom of library (or the change is done through an enchantment).

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
given that that post is from 2014 he's probably softened on it?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

flatluigi posted:

given that that post is from 2014 he's probably softened on it?

there was a new season of roseanne, so no

e: including the spinoff, there are three more seasons of roseanne. what the absolute gently caress, world. what did we do to deserve that

Arivia fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 19, 2019

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Fuckin Desert Twister was in Arabian Nights and people act like it's crazy for green to have hard removal. Ok.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Eschatos posted:

Fuckin Desert Twister was in Arabian Nights and people act like it's crazy for green to have hard removal. Ok.

Blue used to have burn spells along with everything else, black used to have fast mana rituals, red had a monopoly on being awful, are there any other spots I’m missing on old colour pie bingo

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Blue used to have burn spells along with everything else, black used to have fast mana rituals, red had a monopoly on being awful, are there any other spots I’m missing on old colour pie bingo

what the gently caress kind of cruel god allowed healing salve to exist

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

TheKingofSprings posted:

Green getting Naturalize was part of the Onslaught-era color pie shuffling, which was also when Red got to steal rituals from Black.

EDIT: Reprint Brightstone Ritual you cowards.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Eschatos posted:

if colors in current magic could still do everything they did in early mtg then blue would still be the best color by a country mile

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

which fairy tale has wolverines

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Kurtofan posted:

which fairy tale has wolverines

red dawn hiyooooo

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

This is a pretty cute twist on the generic black draw-2.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
https://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/187814540688/oh-i-can-already-hear-the-barrage-of-asks-about

"creative designed a white card, said it had to be green or blue, the blue slot was full, so we made it green" :thunk:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ungulateman posted:

https://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/187814540688/oh-i-can-already-hear-the-barrage-of-asks-about

"creative designed a white card, said it had to be green or blue, the blue slot was full, so we made it green" :thunk:

that isnt an accurate summary of what he said at all!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ungulateman posted:

Whats white about it

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Whats white about it

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Rosethorn Halberd
https://twitter.com/MTGStocks/status/1174584563961597952?s=19

So Tiny !

https://twitter.com/Davinnistrad/status/1174611564919492608?s=19

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

ungulateman posted:

jfc the way that question is phrased. grow a spine

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

"I really don't envy you having to answer to all these NERDS. Anyways, as a nerd, let me ask you exactly that question..."

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
So oko turned the king into an elk

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Better than a cow.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Owlbear Camus posted:

Better than a cow.

Elk are tasty. What you talking about?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Does anyone here have good ideas on how to keep a home office tidy when, as a magic player, you inevitably have various piles of cards, be they half constructed decks, or "uncommons I don't want to put into the full storage because then I won't find them and will end up buying more when I need them" etc etc?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

mehall posted:

Does anyone here have good ideas on how to keep a home office tidy when, as a magic player, you inevitably have various piles of cards, be they half constructed decks, or "uncommons I don't want to put into the full storage because then I won't find them and will end up buying more when I need them" etc etc?

It is just a matter of not being lazy. I'm guilty of it as much as the next cardboard slinger, but you really just need to stay on top of putting stuff away when you're done with it. Or just focusing on one project at a time to minimize the clutter.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Deathless Knight
B/G B/G B/G B/G
Creature - Skeleton Knight
Haste

Whenever you gain life for the first time each turn, return Deathless Knight from your graveyard to your hand.

4/2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

YggdrasilTM posted:

Deathless Knight
B/G B/G B/G B/G
Creature - Skeleton Knight
Haste

Whenever you gain life for the first time each turn, return Deathless Knight from your graveyard to your hand.

4/2

Should’ve given it flying and vigilance.