Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1174343428563492866

The rare sighting of a court -not- granting immunity to an officer who randomly murders a family pet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You gotta be some kind of sick in the head to shoot a dog.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

EBB posted:

It IS the cop thread after all

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

EBB posted:

It was making furtive hand motions around it's waistband. A Good Shoot.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

EBB posted:

Wait until you find out what they do to people

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Meanwhile in 'the sheer arrogance of these people', here's a clip compilation of a cop repeatedly planting drugs during traffic stops.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1174572076629483520

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/07/10/former-jackson-county-deputy-zach-wester-arrested-drug-planting-probe/1693260001/

quote:

A former Florida deputy was arrested Wednesday morning on numerous charges that he planted street drugs like meth on unsuspecting motorists before hauling them off to jail.

Zach Wester, 26, was arrested on felony charges of racketeering, official misconduct, fabricating evidence, possession of a controlled substance and false imprisonment.

The one-time Jackson County deputy faces misdemeanor charges of perjury, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement said.

Christina Pumphrey, a former assistant state attorney in Marianna who helped bring Wester's alleged misdeeds to light, said she was "incredibly surprised" to learn of his arrest because she didn't think he'd ever get charged.

"It doesn't change what the rest of the people went through because of him," she said. "It doesn't give them their time back. It doesn't give them their money back. It doesn't expunge their records — they still have at least arrest histories. But it's still something."

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Just doing our jobs! Thin blue line!

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Stop being rascist. Any color rope can fix a cop problem

Stravag fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 19, 2019

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Stravag posted:

Stop being rascist. Any color rope can fix a cop problem

Dial back on comments like this please.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I dont see the point but fine

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Man they let any fat gently caress onto a force these days, look at that porker

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

EBB posted:

Man they let any fat gently caress onto a force these days, look at that porker

You would be surprised how many departments only PT test during the hiring phase, and then never again for the rest of a cop's career.

ngl, unless you're in a wheelchair, you could probably outrun 80% of my old agency, before you even factor in wearing boots/belt/vest

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
E: not drunk thread.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I wouldn’t be surprised at all given the size of most cops I see

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Buff guy is the cop larval state. The amorphous blobs in patrol cruisers are actually the same species. Those mature individuals are seeking mates, generally by signaling blue lives matter memes on human social media.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Amber Guyger’s trial started this week. Charged with murder.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

:cabot:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mr. Nice! posted:

What degree? I like that shes being charged, but if they go for first degree i worry shes going to get off when they have trouble demonstrating intent.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Chichevache posted:

What degree? I like that shes being charged, but if they go for first degree i worry shes going to get off when they have trouble demonstrating intent.

I'm not a tx lawyer and haven't looked into all of the details, but it appears that TX does not break murder into degrees. There's murder and capital murder (enhancement to murder if you kill a cop or other protected groups). After that you have manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide.

Determining intent is easy. She admitted she shot to kill. She admitted everything to her partner via texts (they were talking about loving) and they both deleted the texts although they were later recovered.

If she can show there was "adequate cause" as defined by statute (and certainly expounded in case law), she can get a reduction in sentencing, but not dismissal of the charge.

Manslaughter and negligent homicide are lesser included offenses in TX to murder, so the jury instructions will say something like "if she did not have intent to kill but still recklessly caused Jean's death, convict on manslaughter. If she was not reckless and was instead criminally negligent, convict on CNH."

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Fun Shoe
Good. Lock that fuckup up.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bored As gently caress posted:

Good. Hang that evil piece of poo poo from a lamppost.

Fixed that for you

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Professor Bling posted:

Fixed that for you

Remember when I said on this very page to dial back poo poo like this?

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh, my bad, let me re-rephrase that:

I hope that the justice system does the equivalent of a modern public execution so that Amber serves as an example to other evil pieces of poo poo that they can't loving murder with impunity just because they've got a badge on and their victim isn't white.

Better?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
"Better" would start with not being a disingenuous little poo poo.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Professor Bling posted:

Oh, my bad, let me re-rephrase that:

I hope that the justice system does the equivalent of a modern public execution so that Amber serves as an example to other evil pieces of poo poo that they can't loving murder with impunity just because they've got a badge on and their victim isn't white.

Better?

Water police pulling someone up

Triggered much?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Hell yeah digital soap box preaching!

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Florida man cop fired after arresting 2 6 year olds for "suspicion of misdemeanour battery" (didnt even know that was a thing). Zipcuffs, back of cruiser, fingerprinted, and mugshots. Oh also the cop had had disciplinary actions taken back in 98 after he was charged with aggravated child abuse after officials found welts and bruises on his son.

Because who else would you have as the school resource officer at an elementary school.
Edit for link: https://www.orlandosentinel.com/new...s3o4-story.html

Apparently he has a history of excessive violence (who'd have guessed) including tasering a trespassing suspect 5 times, twice while the suspect was already on the ground . Guess that guy should be glad he was just under suspicion of trespassing at the time instead of something serious like selling single cigs and gotten choked to death. Cue vache coming in to to say "well he didnt taser the 6 year olds so him hetting fired is excessive". Apparently he had already retired and was on the reserve or whatever its called when you want to be able to abuse your authority part time. I hope they pull his pension for this

Stravag fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Sep 25, 2019

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

They likely legally can't.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Stravag posted:

Cue vache coming in to to say "well he didnt taser the 6 year olds so him hetting fired is excessive"

Don't put foul words like that in my mouth you piece of poo poo.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Awwwww dont be like that piggy. Im just being the hero cops need right now lol

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
lol probated from the detainment thread

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
solitary

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Honestly this is my favorite thread. Half the people in here are LEOs that hate 70% of there coworkers the other half a edgelords that are apparently unable to communicate either due to bans or an obsession with flagellation.

So my old boss got poo poo canned for shooting deer from one of our boats. We turned his rear end in and he got loving hammered lost his ability to hunt in AK for like 10 years. Dumb rear end just FB posted himself bagging a deer by a very recognizable landmark in the state and I'm kinda wondering what's going to happen this time.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Melthir posted:

Honestly this is my favorite thread. Half the people in here are LEOs that hate 70% of there coworkers the other half a edgelords that are apparently unable to communicate either due to bans or an obsession with flagellation.

So my old boss got poo poo canned for shooting deer from one of our boats. We turned his rear end in and he got loving hammered lost his ability to hunt in AK for like 10 years. Dumb rear end just FB posted himself bagging a deer by a very recognizable landmark in the state and I'm kinda wondering what's going to happen this time.

Lmao. gently caress poachers.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1177631254109458432

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Chichevache posted:

Lmao. gently caress poachers.

Right but the balls it takes for a sitting CO to illegally merc a deer from a federal asset and think nothing is going to happen topped with the stupidity to start round 2. I'm starting to wonder if this guy doesn't have medical issues.

Or he could just have though the blue line was going to protect him I don't know but to this day dunking on his rear end is second only to having a dude bounce back in the middle of CPR.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Melthir posted:

Right but the balls it takes for a sitting CO to illegally merc a deer from a federal asset and think nothing is going to happen topped with the stupidity to start round 2. I'm starting to wonder if this guy doesn't have medical issues.

Or he could just have though the blue line was going to protect him I don't know but to this day dunking on his rear end is second only to having a dude bounce back in the middle of CPR.

I just had a coworker get fired for DV and the only downside is that he wasn't here long enough to have a pension for his girlfriend to take from him. gently caress that piece of poo poo.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Domestic Violence is loving dirty and terrible. I don’t envy the cops, victims, or anyone really in a DV situation. I’m pretty much a “gently caress the police” guy but I feel bad for them on DV calls. Well maybe not bad, but I hope that things go well for them because holy poo poo when they don’t look out.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1177592073710641157

loving Texas Rangers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Ultimately I believe this trial will end up in a hung jury, sadly. She needs to go to prison, but I just don't see it happening.