Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
rousey is the only woman who's thrown a punch on screen they can name, therefore she must be cast. time to distribute the rumor and wait for outlets looking for anything they can write about to pick it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

Rousey also voiced Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat and was absolutely awful.

She's also HORRIBLE in the WWE. She just needs to bow out gracefully and become a trainer.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/InsideTheMagic/status/1171873551596568579?s=19

She gave a stunningly bad performance in Furious 7. Like people thought Gina Carano was stiff in her stuff, Rousey makes her look like Deniro in the 70s.

Please God no!!!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

site posted:

rousey is the only woman who's thrown a punch on screen they can name, therefore she must be cast. time to distribute the rumor and wait for outlets looking for anything they can write about to pick it up

Now I want it to be Ember Moon.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yeah, it makes sense when like, singers, try and crossover into acting (and sometimes works great) since it's another type of performance, but pro-atheletes? It's a completely different skill set.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I think I also saw Rosario Dawson up for the role as well.

Just get Terry Crews to be she hulk.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, it makes sense when like, singers, try and crossover into acting (and sometimes works great) since it's another type of performance, but pro-atheletes? It's a completely different skill set.

Some wrestlers can do it.

Some....

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Some wrestlers can do it.

Some....

Wrestling is another type of performance.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i mean, in the abstract wrestlers could make a good superhero since wrestling is very physical acting and hero parts require quite a bit of that, it's just...except for the rock that hasnt actually borne out in practice

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

i mean, in the abstract wrestlers could make a good superhero since wrestling is very physical acting and hero parts require quite a bit of that, it's just...except for the rock that hasnt actually borne out in practice

Bautista and John Cena are both at least watchable.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh yeah i forgot bautista was a wrestler

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Also isn't she like tiny?

Get Gwyndelon Christy in there.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
im sure theyre just gonna have jennifer turn into a cg she-hulk if they even bother to have her be big

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Yeah they need to professor Hulk it with CGI if they want to do She-Hulk justice. It would be cool if they gave her 2 steps, like sexy 8 foot lawyer and then giant rage monster for final fight moments.

I like Aubrey Plaza

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Paget Brewster.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Paget Brewster.

This is perfect.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Vince MechMahon posted:

This is perfect.

To be fair Paget Brewster would be perfect for most roles.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She's awesome, too bad she's stuck in the hell that is Criminal Minds.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
These Disney+ shows are probably gonna be shot more like movies, so 2-3 month straight shots. She could do it in the summer. They can fit a little ADR booth in her trailer so she can do her lines for DuckTales at the same time.

Rhyno posted:

She's also HORRIBLE in the WWE. She just needs to bow out gracefully and become a trainer.

From an in-ring perspective this is pointedly not true and when they leaned into making her character way more like the real her at the end of her run, it was much better. (Smiling babyface Ronda no bueno, but 'drunk lady that has to be dragged away from fist fights by her white trash hubby so she doesn't get arrested'? That works.)

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Adrianne Palicki would be kind of perfect. I like Paget Brewster a lot too.

I had the idea of Margaret Qualley for Jessica Drew, too.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/InsideTheMagic/status/1171873551596568579?s=19

She gave a stunningly bad performance in Furious 7. Like people thought Gina Carano was stiff in her stuff, Rousey makes her look like Deniro in the 70s.
She is also an absurdly awful human being too

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I just learned that preacher is still a thing that exists

https://twitter.com/ReelTalker/status/1173444144540336129?s=19

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Ronda took time away from burying WWE's women's divisions to go have a baby. And she was injured in a pretty bad accident recently. So she shouldn't have the time to ruin any Disney+ shows any time soon.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Skwirl posted:

It's reminiscent of back when fan casting was nothing but pro-wrestlers (and Patrick Stewart for Professor Xavier)
Who'd have thought that Batista of all people could pull it off though.

is this South Park

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

I just learned that preacher is still a thing that exists

https://twitter.com/ReelTalker/status/1173444144540336129?s=19

This seems completely appropriate for a Preacher TV show, I stopped watching halfway through the first season because nothing was happening but i read all of the comic and that sounds like a very Preacher thing to happen.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Who'd have thought that Batista of all people could pull it off though.

Anyone who's ever seen him go off-script in the WWE.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Preacher's actually pretty good, but I'm not heartbroken that this is the last season.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I think Natalie Morales would be a pretty good She-Hulk, she did a good job with the "comedy lawyer" bit in the late, lamented The Grinder.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Retro Futurist posted:

Preacher's actually pretty good, but I'm not heartbroken that this is the last season.

Yeah, same. It's kind of ran its course.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Retro Futurist posted:

I couldn't get over how every third word was Preacher, and the show boiled down to people with accents being lovely to each other. It Reminded me too much of Walking Dead.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Tom Welling is officially showing up in Crisis on Infinite Earths playing his Smallville role, 10 years later.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't know if I can handle how much they're packing into COIE. I expect Linda Carter to sign on for a cameo.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Rhyno posted:

I don't know if I can handle how much they're packing into COIE. I expect Linda Carter to sign on for a cameo.

Linda Carter is already a character on Supergirl, the former secret-alien president

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Klungar posted:

Linda Carter is already a character on Supergirl, the former secret-alien president

Yeah and Brandon Routh is playing Superman again DON'T QUESTION WHAT I WANT

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
when does the lesbian show start

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

when does the lesbian show start

Next month.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
cool

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Rhyno posted:

Yeah and Brandon Routh is playing Superman again DON'T QUESTION WHAT I WANT

Just saying it should be easier to get her since they've already gotten her before.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Only way they can possibly make it better is to get Mark Hamill back as well, considering we're already getting Kevin Conroy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

You know what, if they can get Fat Martian Manhunter from the Justice League pilot I'll give up and actually watch this poo poo.