Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

punished milkman posted:

they don't stand a chance in my riding and it would amount to a protest vote in which case i may as well vote for the communist party. i am a dumbass though and could be easily convinced

how do you know they don't stand a chance in your riding. are you going out and polling people or something or do you have a crystal ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

also why do you feel your one vote is going to make any difference in the outcome

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
every vote is a protest vote as long as the people who hold actual power in our society are billionaires

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

RBC posted:

how do you know they don't stand a chance in your riding. are you going out and polling people or something or do you have a crystal ball

In mine they don't even have a candidate.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

maybe you should run. be the change you want to see

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyelkin posted:

im imagining trudeau wearing "brownface" to greet syrian refugees at the airport and solemnly welcome them to canada lmao

hahahahahaha

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

RBC posted:

maybe you should run. be the change you want to see

Why don't you run

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

RBC posted:

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Why don't you run

my legs hurt

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That's the one!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Personally I think the prime minister should just double down and wear blackface all the time now

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

angerbeet posted:

Personally I think the prime minister should just double down and wear blackface all the time now

truly the canadian obama

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

At least I'll never have to hear the words "left of the NDP" about Justin Trudeau again

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Another Bill posted:

At least I'll never have to hear the words "left of the NDP" about Justin Trudeau again

wait what?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

TVsVeryOwn posted:

wait what?

It was said a thousand times about and by the Liberals on the 2015 campaign trail. Yes I'm still angry about it.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
https://twitter.com/TheEagleist/status/1174517452497215489

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Another Bill posted:

no, now you're gonna hear it about Elizabeth May

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I wasn't concerned after the fifty sixth photo of the PM in blackface but the fifty seventh is really too much

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wait, this guy did a racism?

I'm shocked!

Well not that shocked.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

vyelkin posted:

every vote is a protest vote as long as the people who hold actual power in our society are billionaires

This is beautiful

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/PrettyBadLefty/status/1174491643879350273

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

My riding still doesn't have an NDP candidate either, not that it matters here lol

I'm putting my offer out there to Jagmeet again. Let me run in my riding and I'll call Candice Bergen a pos to the media.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I can't even register my address on election canada because it says the postal code doesn't exist lol

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1174755555782615042?s=21

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cbc article posted:

Trudeau said he did not understand at the time how hurtful his actions were and, as a result, he can't remember exactly how many times he has worn blackface makeup.

lmaoooooooooo there are absolutely more than 3 pics out there

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

bring back old gbs posted:

lmaoooooooooo there are absolutely more than 3 pics out there

lmaooooo

they asked him "are there any others?" and he was like "i remember one other time" and then within 24 hours people were like "we found that time and also another time he didn't mention" and now he's like "i guess i don't remember how many other times there were"

what a loving racist idiot

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/ezralevant/status/1174750506654322690
https://twitter.com/GADefence/status/1174779835819986944
lol

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

lol

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

that reply is hilarious, but alas, I think it's a Poe

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

efb

Sheng-Ji Yang has issued a correction as of 23:51 on Sep 19, 2019

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmfao

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
https://twitter.com/HannaFlint/status/1174471773271859202

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Are we sure it's him and not his Cuban half-brother?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I guess he just really wanted to brown himself up for some reason

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

just popping into this thread once to say lmao

also speaking of faces what is it with Canadian Conservatives having the platonic ideal of a punchable face. I can't see a picture of Andrew Sheer without wanting to hit him in the nose with a 2x4. And the same was true for Stephen Harper

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/CursedMaps/status/1174859745297084419

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This is literally

It's bad for Trudeau to be racist, but okay for The Rebel, because Trudeau believes in words, and The Rebel is just playing in order to intimidate and disconcert.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Humour (or more specifically: trolling) is a tool frequently used by fascists.

Robert Evans (of "It Could Happen Here" podcast fame) put out an "audiobook" called The War on Everyone. In the first episode he goes over Umberto Eco's definition of fascism, and notably adds the humour/trolling part as his own addendum for modern fascism. Ofcourse most examples of this are modern, but he also brings up hints of it from history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Jehde posted:

Humour (or more specifically: trolling) is a tool frequently used by fascists.

Robert Evans (of "It Could Happen Here" podcast fame) put out an "audiobook" called The War on Everyone. In the first episode he goes over Umberto Eco's definition of fascism, and notably adds the humour/trolling part as his own addendum for modern fascism. Ofcourse most examples of this are modern, but he also brings up hints of it from history.

I’m going to listen to this tomorrow cheers mate