Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Taima posted:

does anyone have any experience preordering a watch off of amazon?

I went ahead and did it because 5% cash back is extremely my poo poo, but they have no interest in committing to a delivery date whatsoever and my wedding is in a little over 2 weeks. I would ideally like to have the thing for the wedding.

Are you going to read your vows from your watch or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

My wedding was the only day I didn’t wear my Apple Watch. Gross.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

WatchOS 6 when? :f5: Updating my phone now...

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Clark Nova posted:

WatchOS 6 when? :f5: Updating my phone now...

Same question. Everyone says it's out but it must not have rolled out everywhere yet.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

LPG Giant posted:

Are you going to read your vows from your watch or what?

Just want to wear it as I'm getting the gold stainless.

I'm in silicon valley and my best man actually works on the apple watch so it's kind of a double angle here. In any case I disagree that it doesn't work as a fashion watch. Where I live it's fine and accepted.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Same question. Everyone says it's out but it must not have rolled out everywhere yet.
From most other sites, seems like it's not showing up for most people yet. Maybe only iOS 13 has dropped so far?

Update: my phone can see the watchOS update now.

Small White Dragon fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 19, 2019

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Update showing for me now.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 19, 2019

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I can calculate things on my wrist now. The future is truly here. Never before has anyone had this power.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But can it run Doom?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Watch updated to OS6 and it looks like it unpaired itself from the cellular service. Again. The watch itself shows no cellular plan and on the watch app it shows the plan as “Not in use” with no option to activate it. Only option is to remove it?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is there a calculator app for the watch?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

obi_ant posted:

Is there a calculator app for the watch?

Apple finally introduced their own stock one with watchOS 6.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

SeANMcBAY posted:

Amazing new technology!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Did they ever release one for iPad?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pants Donkey posted:

Did they ever release one for iPad?

Unfortunately the iPad doesn’t have the screen real estate to handle a calculator.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

You can do calculations in spotlight.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You can also ask Siri

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

rage-saq posted:

The gold stainless is a gold colored DLC, so it should be as touch as the SBSS
Looking it up it’s a PVD coating, which is solid, but not as good as DLC. Can DLC be colored btw? Looking it up it seems like it’s just a range of black to gray.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Had to call the T-Mobile DIGITS department and had them reset the EID on their end (after removing the plan on the watch) before the watch would properly pair to the existing watch data plan instead of only giving me the option to add/create a new line.

So got that sorted out.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

japtor posted:

Looking it up it’s a PVD coating, which is solid, but not as good as DLC. Can DLC be colored btw? Looking it up it seems like it’s just a range of black to gray.

PVD is the method used to apply both, but the gold stainless binds metal and DLC applies carbon.

It is true that DLC coating is generally stronger though PVD is decently strong too.

Anyways, got the ship update for my watch from Amazon and it's arriving on Tuesday, not bad. That is several days better than Apple's ETA. Fingers crossed the watch will arrive early, as Amazon is usually pretty conservative in their delivery estimates when it comes to items that don't have a guaranteed delivery date. I wouldn't be insanely surprised if it shipped tomorrow.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Are you guys seeing the Meridian watch face?

Not sure if this is because I’m on the 13.1 beta still, but the meridian face doesn’t show up In my phone at all, but I can add the face from my watch and configure if there though.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Unfortunately the iPad doesn’t have the screen real estate to handle a calculator.

The legend is that Jobs berated some employee because the iOS calculator didn't look good on an ipad so now there will never be a calculator

e: words

Clark Nova fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Sep 20, 2019

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

This is bullshit! I can't even add it to my complications or my drop down menu. I have to look for the actual app.

Violator
May 15, 2003

obi_ant posted:

This is bullshit! I can't even add it to my complications or my drop down menu. I have to look for the actual app.

You can add it as a favorite app in the dock?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

obi_ant posted:

I'm assuming sarcasm but there's always PCalc

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
PCalc in RPN mode rules.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Housh posted:

Holy poo poo the titanium watch is estimated to ship end of November

Also, is there any way an old phone could bottle neck a new watch if it relies on it for internet access?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

drat OS6 is still not showing up for my S1. December can't come soon enough (when I get my S5).

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

S1 doesn’t get it I thought.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Dave posted:

drat OS6 is still not showing up for my S1. December can't come soon enough (when I get my S5).

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

S1 doesn’t get it I thought.

S1 and S2 are getting it but later than today.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Boo

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This Cycle Tracking app really amplifies how badly Apple needs to let us hide/delete stock apps from the watch. It's cool that it exists but I don't have the biology to ever be able to make use of it.

Oh well, my tail of useless apps just got two bubbles longer!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Imagine still using the lovely bubble interface

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's the same problem with list view, there's too much poo poo that never gets used.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

My S3 update has been counting down from 24h for the past 8 hours. Then it deleted the update and made me start over when I left the house. Now I’m at 22h left. What the hell.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

My series 3 took like three hours to update but it feels noticeably snappier afterward :toot:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

xzzy posted:

This Cycle Tracking app really amplifies how badly Apple needs to let us hide/delete stock apps from the watch. It's cool that it exists but I don't have the biology to ever be able to make use of it.

Oh well, my tail of useless apps just got two bubbles longer!

Just hold the icon with your finger for a few seconds until the X to delete it appears.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Zero One posted:

Just hold the icon with your finger for a few seconds until the X to delete it appears.

What the poo poo, how long has that been a thing?

Even if you can't delete everything, something is better than nothing.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Is everyone else's watchOS 6 upgrade taking hours? I've been upgrading my Series 4 watch for the past hour and a half, and it still says 3 hours remaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

xzzy posted:

What the poo poo, how long has that been a thing?

Since WatchOS 6.