Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
What a terrible casting for Bruce Wayne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Spacebump posted:

It's literally made me write off the entire show, because if they blew Batman on that they clearly have no idea what they are doing.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
So watching the first episode of season 2, and I feel like I might have missed it...but did they ever mention previously in the series that there had been another Titans group that Robin was a part of? It just kinda felt like Robin/Dick had left Batman to go work on a normal life, and that any previous crime fighting done with Hawk/Dove or Wonder Girl was just stuff done on the side. But then Jason Todd rushes in and says "Titans are back bitches" and Donna Troy mentions something about Titans, and I swear it never came up before.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

discworld is all I read posted:

So watching the first episode of season 2, and I feel like I might have missed it...but did they ever mention previously in the series that there had been another Titans group that Robin was a part of? It just kinda felt like Robin/Dick had left Batman to go work on a normal life, and that any previous crime fighting done with Hawk/Dove or Wonder Girl was just stuff done on the side. But then Jason Todd rushes in and says "Titans are back bitches" and Donna Troy mentions something about Titans, and I swear it never came up before.

Yes in ep 2 - which is effectively the first episode of the new season, and takes place 3 months after the events in ep 1 - there's a brief conversation between Jason and Dirk about the old Titans and this New Titans group.

Spacebump posted:

He could have been a really good Alfred, and not need to suppress his accent.

But everyone always complains about Batman casting in movies, from Michael Keaton to Ben Affleck. And look how they've turned out....oh ouch forget I said that LOL.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Sep 17, 2019

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mulva posted:

It's literally made me write off the entire show, because if they blew Batman on that they clearly have no idea what they are doing.

But it's Bruce Wayne in this show. He's never going to put on a suit and start swinging (i hope), so why not try a different type of Bruce? If they really do plan on having this guy put on the suit and start kicking rear end....yeah, maybe he was miscast. But as a disillusioned old man who realizes he should have spent more time raising his sons and less time being a vigilante, I think the actor pulls it off.

iirc they drop little lines in the first season about that. I think it was Hawk/Dove/Robin/Wonder Girl trying to do their own thing and they weren't good as a team

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Sep 17, 2019

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I think Bruce is perfectly fine as an older Bruce who is probably on the verge of retirement. It’s almost a Batman of the future setup.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Lord Bude posted:

I think Bruce is perfectly fine as an older Bruce who is probably on the verge of retirement. It’s almost a Batman of the future setup.

Retired? Batman doesn't retire, that's hilariously unBatman like

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

Retired? Batman doesn't retire, that's hilariously unBatman like

Batman of the future? The dark knight rises?

I don’t read comics but those are two examples from tv/film.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Lord Bude posted:

Batman of the future? The dark knight rises?

I don’t read comics but those are two examples from tv/film.

Neither of those two things were comic canon, as much as you can say anything DC rebrands is canon.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Binary Logic posted:

Yes in ep 2 - which is effectively the first episode of the new season, and takes place 3 months after the events in ep 1 - there's a brief conversation between Jason and Dirk about the old Titans and this New Titans group.
That seems especially weird to me cause it felt like it started to become more of a prominent idea when Trigon appeared at the end of the first season but I swear I don't remember

bring back old gbs posted:

iirc they drop little lines in the first season about that. I think it was Hawk/Dove/Robin/Wonder Girl trying to do their own thing and they weren't good as a team
Like I remember one scene where Robin, Hawk, and Dove were fighting together, and I think Hawk asked "Does Batman know you're out with us?" and it seems like Robin just sneaks out and works with them on the side.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

That seems especially weird to me cause it felt like it started to become more of a prominent idea when Trigon appeared at the end of the first season but I swear I don't remember

Like I remember one scene where Robin, Hawk, and Dove were fighting together, and I think Hawk asked "Does Batman know you're out with us?" and it seems like Robin just sneaks out and works with them on the side.

I think you have the right idea, it was an unorganized group of teens deciding they don't need to listen to adults, they can sneak out at night and do their own vigilante group. With no stupid grown up rules. But Hawk and Robin especially seem like a bad feedback loop when they get together. Once the violence starts they both kinda ramp eachother up and don't know when to stop

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They definitely skipped a lot with Hawk and Dove in the first season because they kind of instantly go from homemade costumes to the slick professional ones with no explanation as to where that stuff came from.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

bring back old gbs posted:

But it's Bruce Wayne in this show. He's never going to put on a suit and start swinging (i hope), so why not try a different type of Bruce? If they really do plan on having this guy put on the suit and start kicking rear end....yeah, maybe he was miscast. But as a disillusioned old man who realizes he should have spent more time raising his sons and less time being a vigilante, I think the actor pulls it off.

Yeah it's called Batman Beyond, which did it better. And also gave him history first. Now we skip to him as an old man raising boys to fight wars. Originally he's like nineteen when he first meets up with Dick. That is a wildly different dynamic....and they simply haven't sold me that they can do anything interesting with it. Combined with not selling me that they can do anything interesting with anything else, I checked out.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

There's a lot when Trigon appeared at the end of the first season I wish I didn't remember!
Strange choice to take these characters we're still learning about and put them in the Trigon-generated framework dreamscape alternate reality. It was all in Dick's head but a dark disturbing look into his psyche.

The Lord Bude posted:

This is a good point. There's never going to be an active Batman on Titans so it makes sense to have him 'retired'.
And past the age of say 55, Bruce Wayne has gone through multiple tortures, decades of head trauma, spinal damage, broken bones, damaged ligaments, toxic chemicals inhaled and injected. He'd be lucky to be able to stand up without help and serious painkillers.

muscles like this! posted:

They definitely skipped a lot with Hawk and Dove in the first season because they kind of instantly go from homemade costumes to the slick professional ones with no explanation as to where that stuff came from.
Probably from Wayne Enterprises online catalogue. Next day drone delivery.
https://wayne.enterprises/

There's a lot of changes from the first season and I'm okay with them so far.
Dick was really violent in S1, resented Bruce, and there was a scene of him dragging a man's face across broken glass. I don't mind him being a bit less angry and calling Bruce for advice. And before this he was a police detective, he should know not to do that!
Raven seems to have calmed down a little.
Starfire is finally going to get her own storyline.

Not a change but I hope there's a followup with these 2 still kicking around. Last seen in Metropolis but they can travel fast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEevXL41x7o

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 18, 2019

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Woke up this morning to see that Nightwing is trending on twitter. Stupid, stupid stupid me just had to find out why. And it's because...people are obsessing over his shiny thicc butt.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's a loving gymnast!

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

It's DC canon that Dick Grayson's a tasty snacc. Been that way for years.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The suit was leaked on reddit today from the back on set, Connor's too.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Binary Logic posted:

Woke up this morning to see that Nightwing is trending on twitter. Stupid, stupid stupid me just had to find out why. And it's because...people are obsessing over his shiny thicc butt.

Search image "Nightwing butt" and you'll get a lot of official examples of his huge rear end. One of the cheeks was named Juan in the comics, btw.

Edit: hey, ive been watching titans for a while now and only Dick's butt made me post here.

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 19, 2019

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Everybody likes Dick

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

seriously my mans worked his way around half the lady B-listers in the DC universe.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Can confim; I definitely like dick a lot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

Can confim; I definitely like dick a lot.

Excuse me, that's Ric Grayson now.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I still don't understand the name change.

Like, some executive was mad at everyone making jokes about his name? DC does that more than anyone, hell, they even did it in the LEGO Batman movie.

But he will be back at being Dick sooner rather than later so eh.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adnor posted:

I still don't understand the name change.

Like, some executive was mad at everyone making jokes about his name? DC does that more than anyone, hell, they even did it in the LEGO Batman movie.

But he will be back at being Dick sooner rather than later so eh.

You could probably take that theory to some bank and cash it out. But more than anything is they've hosed around with everyone somehow and it rolled around the Nightwing's turn again.
DC more than anything sells comics, they are under no obligation for those comics to make sense or be any good.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Ricardo Tapia prevails!

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
its about time they over-sexualized the men in comics, that's the equality we were aiming for right?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Balthesar posted:

its about time they over-sexualized the men in comics, that's the equality we were aiming for right?

One time Dick was running around infiltrating an evil spy organization and they equipped all their agents with implants that made it so that nobody could see their faces. Except Dick's butt is so fantastic that multiple people recognized him just from seeing it.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

In case you guys think he's lying:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's the world best detective for a reason.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

That's Midnighter, who spent most of that run hitting on Dick.

There was also Batgirl, who believed he was dead, so he used a disguise. Then she saw his butt for one second.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Episode 3 was solid as hell.

Dr. Light is pretty awesome.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I forget if that was during Midnighter's period apart from Apollo. Otoh Dick is probably on at least one of their Fives

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
One of the best episodes of Titans.

Rocksicles posted:

He's a loving gymnast!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

How and why is this show this good, lmao. Episode 3 was great.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > DC Universe thread: Titans S2: Lots of Dick Butt

Also agree that this episode was the best so far. While season one was flawed but had potential, season two seems a lot tighter.
...I'm probably going to eat my words in a few weeks, but from the two episodes we've seen (not counting the first episode, as that was the finale of S1) it feels better.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

teagone posted:

How and why is this show this good, lmao. Episode 3 was great.

Swearing adds a lot of flavour, Dr. Light shooting the poo poo with Slade was so good.

also.. Check out this handsome bastard.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Sep 22, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The casting on this show is hitting it out of the park. Jason Todd is annoying as gently caress but so enjoyable to watch. And I almost felt sorry for him when Dick faced him into the floor.

And also Donna.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

And also Donna.

Best smile on tv, period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

Swearing adds a lot of flavour, Dr. Light shooting the poo poo with Slade was so good.

also.. Check out this handsome bastard.

His arms are crazy big.