Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

shut up blegum posted:

Lol, a local store is running this promotion:

If you buy the game, they make a FUT playercard with your picture. I'm actually tempted to do this :downsgun:

ahaha, you absolutely should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/fifa/fifa-20/news/pitch-notes-fut20-icons

Interesting, Icons are moving to a futswaps-style system and there will be no individual icon sbcs (there will still be the occasional random icon sbc still though)

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

shut up blegum posted:

I'm thinking of buying PES this year. Is there a thread in here about that?

EDIT: reading reddit, it seems like it plays way worse than the demo. Guess I'll just buy fifa next week and try not to touch FUT

yeah they basically firebombed their own (excellent) game because people were complaining about refs on twitter and it's extremely depressing

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

What happened with PES? I'm away from my gooncave for over a month and I missed it. Also Fifa 20 demo.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
I cannot believe how bad Volta mode is, based off the demo.

The teammate AI is dumb as hell on both sides; this is a mode that should be based off of creativity and fun, and it just turns into some lazy nonsense. Blast the ball from mid-“court”
and hope you get a rebound you can knock in. Embarrassing for anyone who put their name in the development.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah, I'm hoping the 4v4 or 5v5 modes are more fun to play. Maybe they even introduce some original game modes, I remember 'Panna rules' or 'one down' from fifa Street. Those were fun modes that change up your game.
Also gently caress playing that stupid Vinicius movie every time before I can play Volta.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Played my last game of FIFA 19 yesterday, to get TOTS-Reus to 200 games, and to get Kroos to 150 assists. Kroos ended up getting that assist and a few goals. He was by far my favorite player to play with this year, besides Reus.

Farewell FIFA 19, you were a bad game, yet still entertaining.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Anyone pack anything on the web app yet?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Not yet but I haven't done the big ticket SBCs yet

Last year I got that in form Werner that I sold for like 100k so I started with a pretty sick squad

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Scrounging through the sbcs by selling everyone since I can’t play any games makes me feel like an addict but it’s fun

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I packed Gabriel Jesus from a SBC :toot:

Just gonna keep him since I was gonna do BPL this year, he's a good replacement for the loan Aguero that just expired for me and he'll probably just go up in value for a couple weeks anyway

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
You can only use the web app if you pre ordered right? What can you even do on the app before the game is released anyway?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

shut up blegum posted:

You can only use the web app if you pre ordered right? What can you even do on the app before the game is released anyway?

Are you sure? I thought everyone could use it.

You can open your initial packs and trade and do SBCs

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
you need to have an established club on that platform from the previous game but yeah generally its open to everyone.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I haven't tried it yet, I was just asking.
But my club was established in 2010 (:smuggo:), I'll check tomorrow if I can access the web app.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
When I try to log in it says there no FUT club linked to my account and I need to acces FUT on console first :shrug:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I did not buy the game but I opened the packs I had including 50k worth of players (one of them was an IF)

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
there are... some bugs

my favorite is the one on PC where you start the game and it opens a black window for 5 seconds then crashes

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
on PS4 every time I finish a game it slows to a crawl while showing the ending replays

weirdly it did not do this during EA access which I'm pretty sure was literally the same game version???

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
seltzer are there any players that are gonna go out of packs forever like Negredo last year or anything that I should pick up a bunch of

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Probably but I'm not touching the game until it's at least 20 bucks so I'm not paying attention.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Seltzer posted:

Probably but I'm not touching the game until it's at least 20 bucks so I'm not paying attention.

Ok no problem I just don't follow soccer so I have no idea where to figure out that sort of thing but I'm making some decent coins otherwise so far

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
I sold Ndombele and TAA for 50k so that was nice.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I didn’t even get a hold players pack for my X00 hours of play

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

Seltzer posted:

I'm gonna stand by my decision to pass on fifa. I played every year starting with 13. I said it when legends were first introduced that I didn't like the concept. I ruins the feel of the game, is out of place, and kills the fun of creative squad building. It got worse and worse as they added more and the legends became more overtuned. Added in with the unending glut of special cards they've been adding to the game and it's made the game less fun and the players feel less unique and special. I don't see the trend reversing on special cards and I don't see them removing legends ever.

Has anything major been announced gameplay wise? I've heard it feels like fifa 18 but slower which is incredibly damning. If they somehow release a quick free flowing game like 15 and 13 I could investigate but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyways I'm still looking for a competitive sports game to fill fifa's gap. It seems like everything is ran by really bad companies (2k and EA) or is extremely amateurish.

this, except fifa 20. he barely made it 7 days last year. taking bets

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Kinda funny that this is the one he's skipping since imo the gameplay is the best it's been in at least 5 years

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
My friend packed loving Ronaldo jesus christ.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
fifa 20 feels like Adult League 20. Lot more error (more than what i remember compared to the start of fifa 19). Height, weight, str seem to matter. All good things!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I love the way defending works most of all, you can actually square up to people and when you get a clean tackle they don't get 8 more tries on goal!! wow!!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
How's Volta? Some interesting game modes there?
Also shame on you all for pre-ordering this game tsk tsk tsk

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

shut up blegum posted:

How's Volta? Some interesting game modes there?
Also shame on you all for pre-ordering this game tsk tsk tsk

i think there's probably a single digit chance that I will even click on volta one time this year lol

part of me wants to say it's principle for them devoting resources to that and not improving pro clubs but I honestly just don't have a ton of interest in it, I like the macro 11 on 11 game with interesting passing plays and poo poo

I would have tried it if you could play on a team with your friends with your virtual pros but you can't

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I like how slower more physical strikers have some actual presence.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Stefan Prodan posted:

I would have tried it if you could play on a team with your friends with your virtual pros but you can't

This sounds extremely dumb

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
With Access Premiere I got FIFA 20 included and I only played Volta the last days. It is not FIFA Street reborn but a fun offline arcade mode that should last to finish the „story“ mode once and be done with it I guess.
Unless EA puts some effort in more Volta modes, especially sth like „Ultimate Volta mode“

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I'm pissed off that this is the year I make my stand and it's apparently good. But every year people praise the game the first few weeks. Let's see how it goes

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Seltzer posted:

I'm pissed off that this is the year I make my stand and it's apparently good. But every year people praise the game the first few weeks. Let's see how it goes

That's true but if you like manually defending then it's never been a better time to play

I've played like I think 15-16 rivals games so far and I've only lost 1, and I felt like I deserved to lose it.

I do have one more loss where I got DC and two losses to squad battles at the very beginning (AI god squads 2 strong at first) but the only other year I started this strong was the beginning of 18 when AI defending was also really bad

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I bought it again because I’m a stupid bitch

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Game's good first few weeks because nobody has figured out all the gamebreaking cheese strats yet

Although I wouldn't know this year because EA are saving me from myself by having the game continue to Not Fuckin Work so I guess I'm free :sun:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Mr.PayDay posted:

With Access Premiere I got FIFA 20 included and I only played Volta the last days. It is not FIFA Street reborn but a fun offline arcade mode that should last to finish the „story“ mode once and be done with it I guess.
Unless EA puts some effort in more Volta modes, especially sth like „Ultimate Volta mode“

Is it really worth it, premier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I watched some twitch stream yesterday of a guy who had 1,5 million fifa points. While I was watching he spent like 150k opening packs. At 750 points/pack, he opened a ton of them. He got like one 77 rated IF and a load of crap otherwise. If I ever touch FUT, I'll think about that stream whenever I get the urge to buy packs.