Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Evolve's dev is turning into something! :v:

version update notes posted:

Stuff I probably forgot about

And goodness I can't comment on the changes, they're many and spread across several commits. And since I'm early game Genetic Disaster, it's going to be a while.

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Sep 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

ScottyJSno posted:

NGU

Is my Cube way behind or not?
Should my Cube level be closer to my base level?

You kind of catch up when you are ahead of the curve I was always getting more from my cube than my equipment after a month or so after the cube was first introduced until Nerd. I had fallen way behind on boosted boosts though, after finishing up the ones I did not have I have been back to having a beyond maxed cube, I hit parity again around Exile v1. Currently I have this

It's a pretty major source of stats, boosted boosts are really powerful and if you are sitting around waiting for adventure stats and can't figure out a way to get more boosted boosts may be the answer!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Sage Grimm posted:

Evolve's dev is turning into something! :v:

And goodness I can't comment on the changes, they're many and spread across several commits. And since I'm early game Genetic Disaster, it's going to be a while.

I just completed my first Dark Energy reset yesterday would have been nice since I think I missed the option to select what bonus I get since it hadn't been implemented yet.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Sep 18, 2019

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
in evolve, is it possible to stack a good mutation by taking the same species twice or three times in a row and using fanaticism or deification? i ask because i learned about the octigoran's 8% boost to all productivity today and it seems like the first mutation i've seen that's worth using fanaticism for

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Venuz Patrol posted:

in evolve, is it possible to stack a good mutation by taking the same species twice or three times in a row and using fanaticism or deification? i ask because i learned about the octigoran's 8% boost to all productivity today and it seems like the first mutation i've seen that's worth using fanaticism for

No, but you get an achievement for being a fanatic of your own species.

I haven't done much with fanaticism, but I'd be interested in hearing what species are worth it. I'm assuming Ent and Antid are both on the list.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

No, but you get an achievement for being a fanatic of your own species.

I haven't done much with fanaticism, but I'd be interested in hearing what species are worth it. I'm assuming Ent and Antid are both on the list.

They pretty much constitute the entire list. If you're going for a particular achievement, there are sometimes races that are better, but if you want raw numbers then ent/antid are the two species to consider.

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Chakan posted:

They pretty much constitute the entire list. If you're going for a particular achievement, there are sometimes races that are better, but if you want raw numbers then ent/antid are the two species to consider.

Human antid imp is what I used for my 4star 99 super collider black hole reset

Gotta keep that cost creep down

Balrog orc antid was recommended to me for a non 4star blackhole run but I haven't tried it yet

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe
I've recently pushed far enough in NGU to unlock and beat the Godmother, so I've just unlocked Wishes here thanks to that. I funneled everything towards the Money Pit upgrade first here so I'd get better stuff out of it, but beyond that are there any other Wishes that're a real good return for someone just starting out on them? (other than the usual ones like power/cap anyway) I've not done the unlock for the Dual Wield one just yet either for some more context.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I've found the Cyclops bonus to be pretty decent. Around 11% by late space pre hell, and the library thing have really been noticable.

Wishes are mostly straightforward, dual wield is pretty good? But it won't really help you scale Titans since generally your toughness is what you need higher because of beast mode. A few more itopod levels, and potentially some decent bonuses when the next zone drops

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Arc Impulse posted:

I've recently pushed far enough in NGU to unlock and beat the Godmother, so I've just unlocked Wishes here thanks to that. I funneled everything towards the Money Pit upgrade first here so I'd get better stuff out of it, but beyond that are there any other Wishes that're a real good return for someone just starting out on them? (other than the usual ones like power/cap anyway) I've not done the unlock for the Dual Wield one just yet either for some more context.

I thought the wishes that unlocked QP drops from titans were very nice. By the time wishes came out I had enough power to blow past most of the early ones so I can't give advice on specifics beyond sorting by speed and realizing that while they're not too sexy, the ones that give you extra magic/energy/R3 will make the harder wishes go faster.

For the PP question earlier, I'm up to 12 PP/kill. While hacks start to take a while longer, they do have great growth still. I'm about to hit the cap for Normal PP NGU so that will slow down though.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Just submitted a build of NGU to steam for review, and now am equal parts :toot: and :ohdear:

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

something posted:

Just submitted a build of NGU to steam for review, and now am equal parts :toot: and :ohdear:

Grats! Will we be able to export/import saves from Kartridge over to Steam?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Falcon2001 posted:

Grats! Will we be able to export/import saves from Kartridge over to Steam?

Yep, there isn't any cloud save link between platforms (because both steam and kong frown upon it i believe), but nothing stops from saving to a file on one and loading in the other.

fake edit: oh and you can't load a file back to an earlier build , but common sense should have told you it wouldn't work anyways.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Eldercain posted:

I've found the Cyclops bonus to be pretty decent. Around 11% by late space pre hell, and the library thing have really been noticable.

Wishes are mostly straightforward, dual wield is pretty good? But it won't really help you scale Titans since generally your toughness is what you need higher because of beast mode. A few more itopod levels, and potentially some decent bonuses when the next zone drops

We really can't mix games like this.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

especially since there's Space gear coming up - i actually thought that was what elder was talking about for a second.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

:getin:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

something posted:

Grats! Does it have Steam achievements?

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe

Eldercain posted:

comingafteryouall posted:

I thought the wishes that unlocked QP drops from titans were very nice. By the time wishes came out I had enough power to blow past most of the early ones so I can't give advice on specifics beyond sorting by speed and realizing that while they're not too sexy, the ones that give you extra magic/energy/R3 will make the harder wishes go faster.

Cool, for now I'll just focus the resource related wishes while doing the usual stuff then, and look into the QP ones once they're a bit more viable. Many thanks!

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Merijn posted:

Grats! Does it have Steam achievements?

it does indeed, about 60 to start. Not a ton of crazy ones, but it can be expanded if i feel like it.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

In NGU when I've got the setting to kill titans on, how does it decide when to kill them? I can do the first two idle, but it only seems to kill the first one automatically.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If you go to the titan's page in adventure mode, and hover over the top bar, it'll show you what stats you need to autokill them. Generally this is a bit higher than what you need to manually idle them.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

NGU: Is it worth capping lower level blood rituals, or am I better off putting everything in my current best ritual?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

The Fool posted:

NGU: Is it worth capping lower level blood rituals, or am I better off putting everything in my current best ritual?

Best one. They're always better blood/magic

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The Fool posted:

Best that you can afford the gold for (and can actually use, if it takes 10 hour for 1 fill that means you have a high chance of wasting a partial bar).

Start at the bottom and work your way up, ideally you have all of them maxed out 24/7 but that takes a long time to build to, it will happen though.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I’m about boss 95 non hardcore NGU. 4.5m Energy 130k Magic.

What challenges should I get started on? I’ve unlocked Basic, No Aug, No Equipment, 100 Level and Troll.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If you're rebirthing frequently, doing a basic challenge in under 24 hours, then doing a 24 hour challenge, is a good place to start. That extra XP really adds up.

I'm not sure I'd do more than that right now - as you get more EM stats and unlock other features, your challenge completions are going to get way faster, so it's better to put them off a little until you can just blitz through them.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Wow, you're far as gently caress for someone who didn't do any challenges.

Definitely push a Basic, which you will 100% get under 24h, then smash the 24h Challenge. Then do one of each of the others, except the Troll.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Oodles posted:

I’m about boss 95 non hardcore NGU. 4.5m Energy 130k Magic.

What challenges should I get started on? I’ve unlocked Basic, No Aug, No Equipment, 100 Level and Troll.

I ran 1 basic and 1 24h when I was roughly where you are. Now I have the mega gear nearly maxed out, 9.5m energy (only 200 power/bars rn, trying to rush adv training a bit), 620k magic, and still haven't run anything else :v

Probably going to attempt a no equipment after I murder UUG a few times during this infinitely long rebirth so I can get the auto-boost unlock.

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 22, 2019

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Please run No Equipment Challenge, I'm getting seriously anxious thinking of all the manual boosting you all have been doing

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

I just started killing UUG last week and spent all weekend catching up on challenges. I already had basic and 24h done, and I was able to complete level 1 of everything else I had unlocked. The 100 level and no-rebirth rewards are pretty great so far, the boost transformation helped me max out all the random utility accessories I've been hoarding.

Now I feel like it's going be a rough grind getting enough NGUs and beards to start on the next adventure zone.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

something posted:

Yaaaaaaaay!

I have decided I'm going to start over rather than import a save. It was fun to start over when I switched from playing E:D on PS4 to playing on Steam, so I'm gonna try the same thing here. It somehow feels less like throwing progress away than choosing to click the Hard Reset button does.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

something posted:

Congrats!

Do you submit it with a bunch of saves so that they can verify your content isn’t inappropriate?

Or is it just review to make sure it runs on various hardware?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
System requirements: Can you device run an internet browser? It can run NGU.

FAKE EDIT: Sorry, a modern internet browser? Because there's at least one still operating in windows 98.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Devor posted:

Congrats!

Do you submit it with a bunch of saves so that they can verify your content isn’t inappropriate?

Steam only cares if IAP work. They give no fucks. Rape simulators have been published on steam.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Incremental Adventures: can anyone explain the autoprestige settings? What is 'split' or 'split or experience only'? Does 'prioritize higher layers' mean it prestiges layer 3 first, or the other way around?

edit: nvm, it was in the 'Info' tab. I swear that wasn't there when I started playing it a few weeks ago.

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Sep 23, 2019

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Devor posted:

Congrats!

I showed them pics of the most butt-like icons and told them the game says naughty words like poo poo and crap, they did with that info what they will.

They basically check i got the steam api stuff working to their satisfaction and isnt like, a virus i guess.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

something posted:

I showed them pics of the most butt-like icons and told them the game says naughty words like poo poo and crap, they did with that info what they will.

They basically check i got the steam api stuff working to their satisfaction and isnt like, a virus i guess.

The swat team is on their way. Arrested for butt crimes.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I'm not accomplishing anything productive at work today so..

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Pigbuster posted:

The swat team is on their way. Arrested for butt crimes.

YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE, COPPERS

edit:

final edit i swear:

something fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

the Space Station 13 school of headdress-design/surgery