Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

prefect posted:

"Prevaricated" means "lied", I thought.

no, it means prevaricated. which means brexit

("prevaricated" means spoke elusively about, which to a certain type of brain who gets all their news from tabloid headlines, corbyn did do.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Hes loving useless. Prevaricated on whether to support a new referendum or brexit for years only to decide he would actually like another vote when its too loving late. Propped up by a cult. Literally good only if youre a right winger looking for an unelectable foil to paralyse opposition to your neovictorian dystopia

I was going to write something about how Corbyn will always be seen as weak because anyone anti-authoritarian is always going to come off looking weak compared to an authoritarian because that's just how that's going to work.

Instead, I dumped half your post into that AI text predictor thing and it said back:

quote:

So here is what we have now, the Tories are looking less than 100 MPs ahead of them, Labour have around 200 MPs, the Lib Dems are over 400

Turns out the AI is libdem, who knew.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Hexyflexy posted:

Instead, I dumped half your post into that AI text predictor thing and it said back:

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

lol

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

whoa

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

prefect posted:

This angers me.

https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1174994183108603904

...and then the other fuckers in the studio applaud?

The English are a servile people.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Squizzle posted:

the states should be old jersey, guernsey, new guernsey, jerseyderry, and jyrsmru

The channel islands are going back to france

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

"caught using"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
don't brexit me bro

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
its brexit

https://twitter.com/nthnashma/status/1175033009881395202

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

"Bro" is American English, please use "Mate" or "Lad" or you'll upset the Queen.

E: "Bruv", is too low class for common use, unfortunately.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1175130079761981441

im so sowwy :(

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
Apologize to that poor pig, Dave.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Someone post the humming after ruining an entire country

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Glenn Quebec posted:

while i have endless sympathy for a world blighted by our vile influence, america at very least should apologize for the loving west wing

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15HTd4Um1m4&t=10s

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

foobardog posted:

Apologize to that poor pig, Dave.

you took the cock right out of my mouth

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Glenn Quebec posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvd5Mrjq3jc

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Mycroft Holmes posted:

do not, my friends, become addicted to brexit! It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

David Cameron: self described worrier, niggler, and piglet diddler.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Kurtofan posted:

The channel islands are going back to france

give it all back to France, the British are utterly incapable of governing themselves

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

https://www.reddit.com/r/bestoflegaladvice/comments/d6rueb/legaladviceuk_op_i_may_have_reintroduced_bse_back/

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lmao

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
BritAne...... Brexit....?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

"I did a biowar because I wanted more money, can anyone help?!"

No, not really.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Its a travesty of justice that the word 'brexit' isnt always, 100% of the time preceded by 'david cameron's' since it is his problem that he made.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the malice of the scots truly knows no bounds

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

the customs union does it again

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

hakimashou posted:

Its a travesty of justice that the word 'brexit' isnt always, 100% of the time preceded by 'david cameron's' since it is his problem that he made.

I think it’s a real David Cameron that we haven’t started using “David Cameron” as a synonym for a colossal gently caress up.

I mean yeah it already means something else, “I just David Cameroned that farm animal“ but still.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

RobattoJesus posted:

I think it’s a real David Cameron that we haven’t started using “David Cameron” as a synonym for a colossal gently caress up.

I mean yeah it already means something else, “I just David Cameroned that farm animal“ but still.

I started doing that years ago. Just did a Cameron, you probably want to leave it 10 minutes before you use the toilet.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
sounds like it’s an absolute Brexit in there

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

GABA ghoul posted:

Why do the good people of Great Britain hate Corbyn Jamman so much? Serious question. Is it just the hate of his mildly social-democratic policies or did he do something?

honestly given how badly the polls were off last election cycle, the only real test of popularity of Labour/Corbyn would be an actual election which the ruling party seems to want to avoid at any cost for some reason.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

hakimashou posted:

Cameron's Choice
*freshly thawed pig head vs the destruction of GB*

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Hexyflexy posted:

I started doing that years ago. Just did a Cameron, you probably want to leave it 10 minutes before you use the toilet.

I was trying to think what the verb form of recent pm’s would be. Doing a May would be streaking in a field, and doing a Blair means illegally invading a foreign country. Doing a Gordon Brown probably involves napping. And doing a Boris will probably mean genociding the Irish or whatever he ends up doing.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

It's cool that all news media in the world will be like this within 15 or 20 years.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

RobattoJesus posted:

I was trying to think what the verb form of recent pm’s would be. Doing a May would be streaking in a field, and doing a Blair means illegally invading a foreign country. Doing a Gordon Brown probably involves napping. And doing a Boris will probably mean genociding the Irish or whatever he ends up doing.

The difference betweem doing a Cameron and doing a Boris, is one is like farting before getting off the lift, the other is making GBS threads oneself while giving a presentation, forgetting what to say and just standing there, stewing in ones own filth.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Saith posted:

making GBS threads oneself while giving a presentation, forgetting what to say and just standing there, stewing in ones own filth.

it's a bit annoying because "going all Gordon Brown" would be the perfect term for that

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Theres no way Im transcribing and editing all this to make it self aware for you. Do it yourself

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

im so sow-wy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

RobattoJesus posted:

Doing a May would be streaking in a field, and doing a Blair means illegally invading a foreign country. Doing a Gordon Brown probably involves napping. And doing a Boris will probably mean genociding the Irish or whatever he ends up doing.

May has never been naked for more than 2 seconds in her entire life. Doing a Blair involves some kind of crime I don't want to know about, doing a Brown is that time when you did your language GCSE and didn't have a clue what the crap your were saying and doing a Boris requires day dreaming out of a window while someone else has to call an ambulance for the person that just had a heart attack in front of you.