Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Kirios posted:

Apparently the goose game is only two hours long?

This is the ideal length for a video game, BTW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Okay, also the seashell sucks. I had repressed it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The story may only last for two hours, but the game will last forever in my heart.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ColdPie posted:

This is the ideal length for a video game, BTW.

How's the weather in 1989?

Cooler, I'll bet

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
https://twitter.com/8bitminiboss/status/1175136671819431937

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

The Bloop posted:

How's the weather in 1989?

Cooler, I'll bet

BRB spending five hundred hours of my life collecting meaningless doodads that some Ubisoft dev shat all over the universe.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

ColdPie posted:

Played through Sayonara Wild Hearts just now. I like "art games" and especially music games, so I really wanted to like it, but I came away pretty underwhelmed.

I pretty much felt how you did. Like there's a lot of really cool stuff, but it doesn't really gel like I would like it to, especially the story. I felt like they could have done a lot more with that, especially based on the opening narration.

I enjoyed some of the gameplay, particularly the forest level. But overall it wasn't especially fun to play, compared to how fun it was to look at.

Did you get stuck on the switching back and forth level or was that just me?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m glad I was able to try Sayonara on my phone. I probably would have bought it on Switch otherwise. It has great music but it’s nothing beyond that as a game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I was gonna get Goose Game but then I started having second thoughts because I've spent a fair bit of money on myself this week re: birthday but the. I checked my account and my extra pay from working Labor Day came in and I'm flush enough with cash for the middle of the month that I can spare $15 when I get home. Honk honk.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I pretty much felt how you did. Like there's a lot of really cool stuff, but it doesn't really gel like I would like it to, especially the story. I felt like they could have done a lot more with that, especially based on the opening narration.

I enjoyed some of the gameplay, particularly the forest level. But overall it wasn't especially fun to play, compared to how fun it was to look at.

Did you get stuck on the switching back and forth level or was that just me?

Ha! I think that was the only point where I yelled at the TV. There was one bit where I think there were four "tracks" it would switch between, but it took me ages to figure out because I thought it had gone back to alternating between two. Four was just too much to keep track of, luckily alternating between the two rightmost lanes is good enough to get past it.

That's actually another good example of how it falls short of its promise, like you said. That could be a really fun gimmick in a Bit Trip Runner-style rhythm game, where it gives you a little preview of what's coming and then takes it away and you have to use your synchronization to nail it blind.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

honestly i think i yelled once or twice at one of the final boss projectile attacks, I couldn't see how to dodge them and only made it through dumb luck.

it's funny because it's this chill little indie or whatever and those brief moments made me angrier at a game than I've been in years.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

So I bought Goose Game because the hype

Jesus Christ I need to stop buying into goon hype

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
just finished AI: The Somnium Files. it is tied with Judgment for my GOTY, in very many ways. play this game dammit

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Smirking_Serpent posted:

honestly i think i yelled once or twice at one of the final boss projectile attacks, I couldn't see how to dodge them and only made it through dumb luck.

it's funny because it's this chill little indie or whatever and those brief moments made me angrier at a game than I've been in years.

are we still talking about goose game

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Your Computer posted:

are we still talking about goose game

no, Sayonara Wild Hearts. I wish I bought goose game!

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!
So apparently having LA installed on internal memory will help the hitching somewhat. We'll see how this goes then...

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Klisejo posted:

So apparently having LA installed on internal memory will help the hitching somewhat. We'll see how this goes then...

It still happens just to a lesser degree.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Len posted:

Bounced off it that hard, huh? I think it looks amusing but am not tripping over myself to buy it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Len posted:

lol you fell for a trash meme

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah if you been here for the bad rats thing and still fall for obviously forced memes that’s on you

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Len posted:

The videos looked really cute but iirc the team struggled to turn the concept into something that would actually be a fun game

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
don't buy goose game because of meme hype

buy it because it's a one-of-a-kind experiHONK

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Well I went ahead and preordered Killer Queen since it was on sale. Better be a good port!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Klisejo posted:

Too bad you can’t install physical games.:v:

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Fallom posted:

The videos looked really cute but iirc the team struggled to turn the concept into something that would actually be a fun game

...but it is a fun game.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

That gang tag is dope though.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm finding the untitled goose game fun the same way I find dicking around in Skyrim fun. There's goals and stuff, but sometimes it's fun just to mess with people.

https://twitter.com/m64_ss/status/1175170597728309248

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Fallom posted:

It is a very cute game for sure. But outside of HONK and Be An rear end in a top hat it really isn't special?

Also I somehow missed Bad Rats as a meme. I just know it's a bad game that goons buy in bulk every steam sale for some reason

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That looks very fun.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I waited 2 years for Untitled Goose Game. I wasn’t not gonna play it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ColdPie posted:

BRB spending five hundred hours of my life collecting meaningless doodads that some Ubisoft dev shat all over the universe.

You're right, that's the only other option

How completely stupid of ... me...

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
goose game is great
really fun to play with friends too

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Sometimes you play a game because it is a cool idea? I don't expect Untitled Goose Game to revolutionize gaming, but gently caress it.

:goose:

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
https://twitter.com/Konjuro/status/1175195268507033600

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I don't expect Untitled Goose Game to revolutionize gaming, but gently caress it.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bought Untitled Goose Game because the idea of playing an rear end in a top hat goose with a dedicated honk button was amusing and I also really like the art style/design.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Sometimes you play a game because it is a cool idea? I don't expect Untitled Goose Game to revolutionize gaming, but gently caress it.

Yeah, I’m more forgiving of small games that at least try something new. Hopefully it succeeds well enough to get more content and/or a sequel.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Too bad you can’t install physical games.:v:

Where do you put them? I only have a memory card slot and a BOTW slot on my switch.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Thread title is :kiss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
Links awakening or MARIO maker? Goons make the decision for me.