Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kingtheninja posted:

drat, I mean that's great news but I never did finish wolverine and the x men.

Neither did the creators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I highly recommend the Spider Woman cartoon. Especially the episode where people are not only getting turned into werewolves and vampires, but Frankenstein monsters via energy beams from his neck bolts.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SlothfulCobra posted:

Probably Warner Brothers still has some rights to it, and it lies just out of Disney's amoeba-like absorption of the bulk of the industry.

Aw. I'll miss Goth!Rogue.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

drat, I mean that's great news but I never did finish wolverine and the x men.

It had its moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--UARXuwA3I

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Lionsgate blocked. :v:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I mean the first season told a relatively complete story, it just left hooks for a potential season 2 with Mister Sinister and I think Apocalypse? it's been a bit.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Roth posted:

It's aged, but X-Men still holds up really well
All the action is blueballs bullshit but it communicates the Claremontian era well.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Those people who make the "Kids react" videos should do one with the the 90 X-Men cartoon.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Skwirl posted:

Those people who make the "Kids react" videos should do one with the the 90 X-Men cartoon.

NO. TAKE OUT HIS BRAIN AND REPLACE IT WITH A COMPUTER.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lady... You chose the wrong girl to ADOPT!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I don't care about which spirit ladies do what to which Cajuns, I'm here to stop a wedding.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bobby...shut up!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Eat dirt, Cyclops.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

The Wild Man of Borneo. See ya around.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
*insert all of Jean's X-gasms*

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I AM THE ROCKS OF THE ETERNAL SHORE! CRASH AGAINST ME AND BE BRRRRROKEN!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Gaz-L posted:

I bring the purity of oblivion to your world.

Apocalypse had some amazing lines. It is ridiculous that a fairly cheesy 90s kids cartoon did infinitely more justice to the character than the 150 million dollar budgeted movie 25 years later.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
LIFE DONT GET MUCH BETTA DEN DIS!

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I went to go find this on YouTube...I found it.

I also found the BEST quote from Apocalypse ever:

"You presume to attempt to destroy me?! Mutant! You shall pay for your hubris. RIGHT NOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M

I love this show and his voice actor had to be having the time of his life just hamming it up.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Evolution was better.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ThermoPhysical posted:

I went to go find this on YouTube...I found it.

I also found the BEST quote from Apocalypse ever:

"You presume to attempt to destroy me?! Mutant! You shall pay for your hubris. RIGHT NOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M

I love this show and his voice actor had to be having the time of his life just hamming it up.

I always liked "I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you."

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

A ton of credit to the 90s voice cast, I heard all those lines in my head exactly as they spoke them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

hiddenriverninja posted:

A ton of credit to the 90s voice cast, I heard all those lines in my head exactly as they spoke them.

Do you think they paid the voice actors to say "JEAN" and "SCOTT" a bunch, or just looped an early take?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
PLAAAASSSSSSSMAAA

MARY JAAAAAAAANE

YOU CAN'T ESCAPE MEEE I'LL CHASE YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTH!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

THIS ONE'S FOR YOU, MORPH!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Huh, it's almost as if those shows were actually not good.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Huh, it's almost as if those shows were actually not good.

Mods?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CHRISTOPHER DANIEL BARNES IS A WAR CRIMINAL

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

CHRISTOPHER DANIEL BARNES IS A WAR CRIMINAL

I was joking before, but this should warrant a probation at least.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Skwirl posted:

No less then a Permaban.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Skwirl posted:

I think being a war criminal warrants a harsher punishment than that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The black suit stuff aside, Barnes is a really good Spidey, and that show did as best it could given it was trying to do something akin to what X-Men did in adapting a bunch of stuff from the comics pretty directly, except Spider-Man doesn't have the advantage of having robots to fight most of the time, so you get the weird poo poo like 'Spider-Man can't land near birds because it might seem like he kicked a pigeon' and the NYPD having laser guns while over on Batman, you got Bats being shot at with tommy guns and poo poo.

Plus the weird choice to hold back Osborn until really late in the run so you have the Hobgoblin coming first. And the fact that the contemporary comics were kind of a mess, so they do poo poo like the clones and 6-armed Spidey. (Black Cat getting the super soldier serum does predate the more modern 'every frickin' experiment is an attempt to recreate Cap' trend, though.)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I agree. They were not good.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

X-O posted:

Shocker

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Boosh. Suck it nerds.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Somehow Batman was the last cartoon allowed to have realistic guns for a long time. DC cartoons at around that time were all iconic period pieces while Mavel's cartoons were all messy soap operas with vague general access to absurdly futuristic technology. It ages less well, but it's definitely exciting.

I hope that Barnes was paid well for his work on the cartoon, because so many episodes are just marathons of him recapping, quipping, explaining, and reacting. 90s Spiderman just couldn't brood in silence.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Some producers of content for kids are convinced that if there's not dialogue at all times that the little darlings' eyes will glaze over and the TV magically shuts off.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm sure that those of you that thought those Marvel cartoons were good watched them when you were real young and fell in love with them. Nothing wrong with that as I have cartoons I fell in love with too as a kid that are no doubt complete garbage and way worse than the Marvel cartoons of the '90s. I didn't watch them as a kid though, I revisited them years later when I was in my late teens and they just weren't very good. They were bland and stilted and the animation was terrible.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Having the 90s X-men cast do their characters for the Capcom games was great and blew my mind at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

SlothfulCobra posted:

Somehow Batman was the last cartoon allowed to have realistic guns for a long time.

It's because they went for the 1920s aesthetic and were able to argue that no child is going to just find a tommy gun lying around somewhere in their house. :allears: