Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

jesus christ, I forgot about the frog being on there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Hey everyone, remember that we have a Discord server where 99.9% of the discussions take place. We have strats, memes, help from people who have played this game for 3+ years, and if you want to eventually want to join Qui Goon-Jin or get into Something Maulful, our try-hard guild, please be sure to post in the recruitment thread and we'll get you added to the list. Hope everyone's having a good time with this and surviving this new TB, and if you're not, joining Discord is a good cure for what ails you.

If you're not in a goon guild, you really have to ask yourself why you even bother. We're just more fun.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

MichiganCubbie posted:

We're just more fun.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

MichiganCubbie posted:

Hey everyone, remember that we have a Discord server where 99.9% of the discussions take place. We have strats, memes, help from people who have played this game for 3+ years, and if you want to eventually want to join Qui Goon-Jin or get into Something Maulful, our try-hard guild, please be sure to post in the recruitment thread and we'll get you added to the list. Hope everyone's having a good time with this and surviving this new TB, and if you're not, joining Discord is a good cure for what ails you.

If you're not in a goon guild, you really have to ask yourself why you even bother. We're just more fun.

most importantly we got some choice birds

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
On the offchance you read this more:

TADASHI , respond to me in Discord

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Tadashi and Scorchio, please get onto Discord and get in touch with me or Chili.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Hey everyone, time for a reminder. Remember that we have a Discord server where 99.9% of the discussions take place. We have strats, memes, help from people who have played this game for almost four years, and if you want to eventually want to join Qui Goon-Jin or get into Something Maulful, our try-hard guild, please be sure to post in the recruitment thread and we'll get you added to the list. Hope everyone's having a good time with this and surviving this new TB, and if you're not, joining Discord is a good cure for what ails you.

Also, if you join SM, we're getting around 23+ stars in the new TB, we sim rancor, auto tank, kill the sith raid in like an hour or so, and do well in TWs. We try to help newer players develop their teams quickly with the rewards gained from all of this.

If you're not in a goon guild, you really have to ask yourself why you even bother.

VVV I don't disagree with you VVV

One thing I've thought about is that maybe people who want to be more active in QGJ can join more active pub guilds, or as you suggest, open it up. That's probably the better option.

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 20, 2019

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
QGJ is barely surviving at this point cause it keeps getting siphoned off for SM. Might be time to open it up public cause we don't have enough people signing up to even start Territory Wars and we're getting like 16 stars in TB.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
As the standing leader of qgj I've been considering opening the floodgates for a little while, especially since we haven't had a TW in a while because of poor turnout

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

HebrewMagic posted:

As the standing leader of qgj I've been considering opening the floodgates for a little while, especially since we haven't had a TW in a while because of poor turnout

Go for it. You're right as to the benefits.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
This pact is SEALED

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Don't be like me and join a pubbie guild and make friends there and invite irl friends before finding out there actually is a goon guild woops

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Don't be like me and join a pubbie guild and make friends there and invite irl friends before finding out there actually is a goon guild woops

depending on how many people you're talking about, bring them all to QGJ. There's probably around 15 spots they could fill.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

MichiganCubbie posted:

depending on how many people you're talking about, bring them all to QGJ. There's probably around 15 spots they could fill.

I'm too invested now, if I and my friends left the guild would probably collapse and I'd feel bad about that

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I'm too invested now, if I and my friends left the guild would probably collapse and I'd feel bad about that

QGJ is so fuckin' light rn, you could probably just bring the whole guild

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry QGJ. Us leeching you is a function of how many goons are playing the game. We had 2 sustainable guilds for years but it seems that era is ending.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

QGJ is literally dying, so you should feel worse about that.

#peerpressure

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
do it u coward

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I've got a few spots in my guild, I could absorb some QGJ instead!

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Let me tell you about feeling loyalty to a guild. I led my pubbie guild in beating the Rancor (6 months late). I dragged my pubbie guild, after months of team building and false starts, kicking and screaming across the HAAT finish line. And what was my reward for not joining up with the Goons? When my pubbie guild collapsed due to poaching on the cusp of beating the HSR? I still haven't unlocked Traya.

Loyalty is weakness.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Good a time as any to say I'm ( A Gay Shark) taking a break from this game. Just haven't felt like playing, probably hasn't helped QGJ.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Qui-Goon Jin being killed by Something Maulful is very on brand.

I wandered off after ending up hopelessly behind the meta and haven't been back, but I'm glad y'all are still kicking!

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I'd move to SM except I'm casual for life and with a super stressful job that involves talking to people all day and a wife with MS, I have no energy for discord in the evenings. All for bringing pubs into QGJ if it gets us back into TW, etc.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
my failing pubbie guild is merging with QGJ (the overflow guild) to put new life into both groups. Still have spots so if you are looking to join this is as good of a time as it ever will be!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

my failing pubbie guild is merging with QGJ (the overflow guild) to put new life into both groups. Still have spots so if you are looking to join this is as good of a time as it ever will be!

Awesome. And we even qualified for TW this time around!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yay! We're not totally dead!

Is JK Revan better on a Jedi Team or an Old Republic team?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

Yay! We're not totally dead!

Is JK Revan better on a Jedi Team or an Old Republic team?

Jedi team 10000%

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the OR team should just be carth lead with juhani replaced by like, wampa

JKR should go on his own jedi team. the typical one is Bastila/GMY/Jolee/GK but with GR being a thing now that can get kind of split up. the old conventional wisdom was don't invest too heavily in Phoenix but it turns out relic Ezra is very strong and the best JKR teams on my shard are using Ezra over GK

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

rabidsquid posted:

JKR should go on his own jedi team. the typical one is Bastila/GMY/Jolee/GK but with GR being a thing now that can get kind of split up. the old conventional wisdom was don't invest too heavily in Phoenix but it turns out relic Ezra is very strong and the best JKR teams on my shard are using Ezra over GK

Or use Hermit Yoda in that fifth spot (JKR, Jolee, GMYoda, Bastila, Hermit Yoda).

All that said, the tankless JKR team is very much more of a GA/TW offense play than a defense team - it’s the best counter for GG droid teams that you’ll often see on D in those game modes, and you can sub in Thrawn to make it a Darth Revan killer with proper modding as well. For arena though, you probably want a tank.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

rabidsquid posted:

Who is GR? And is GK General Kenobi?

Also how do i open the relic stuff? I cannot find Relic Amplifiers anywhere in game.

I have Bastila at GL13 and JKR is languishing at 11 because all his gear is raid only, so I'm keeping her as my leader.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
GR is Grand Republic; with the various rewamps and new characters lately pure GR teams are suddenly an option for General Kenobi (GK, as you noted) instead of chucking him in the JKR or Carth teams.

The Relic interface is in the bottom left of a character menu. You unlock Relic for a particular character once you get that character to Gear Level13; you can look at Relic Level 1 as Gear Level 14. It is not a separate progression system but a continuation of gear levels.
As for the resources to upgrade relics themselves, if you click on the individual ones in the relic menu it sends you to the relic scavenger to break down items or the aproprirate cantina node to farm the signal amplifiers.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ineptitude posted:

GR is Grand Republic; with the various rewamps and new characters lately pure GR teams are suddenly an option for General Kenobi (GK, as you noted) instead of chucking him in the JKR or Carth teams.

The Relic interface is in the bottom left of a character menu. You unlock Relic for a particular character once you get that character to Gear Level13; you can look at Relic Level 1 as Gear Level 14. It is not a separate progression system but a continuation of gear levels.
As for the resources to upgrade relics themselves, if you click on the individual ones in the relic menu it sends you to the relic scavenger to break down items or the aproprirate cantina node to farm the signal amplifiers.

Aaah okay. It didn't give me any other information that it won't unlock until i get a amplifier, then didn't tell me how to do get one.

Read patch notes? What am I? Some kinda nerd?

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

so should a new player (30) be staying in the starter guild they are placed in by default? Or moving to a real one asap?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Funso Banjo posted:

so should a new player (30) be staying in the starter guild they are placed in by default? Or moving to a real one asap?

You should get on discord and into QGJ as soon as you have at least one 7 star character to benefit from raids.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

CaptainPsyko posted:

You should get on discord and into QGJ as soon as you have at least one 7 star character to benefit from raids.

7 stars? I guess that will be a month or more. And in the meantime, stick with this starter guild?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Funso Banjo posted:

7 stars? I guess that will be a month or more. And in the meantime, stick with this starter guild?

A month or more? Hardly. Won’t take that long at all. Pick a character from the galactic war store, finish galactic war every day, and they can be 7 star in 3 weeks.

But yeah, starter guild is fine otherwise. The main benefit of being in an actual guild really doesn’t kick in until you have at least one 7 star to participate in (read, sign up for even if you don’t contribute to) raids.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

A month or more? Hardly. Won’t take that long at all. Pick a character from the galactic war store, finish galactic war every day, and they can be 7 star in 3 weeks.

But yeah, starter guild is fine otherwise. The main benefit of being in an actual guild really doesn’t kick in until you have at least one 7 star to participate in (read, sign up for even if you don’t contribute to) raids.

Just join QGJ. We’re new player friendly, we have room, and you can be allies with a bunch of cool people with killer toons you can borrow to breeze through most LS and DS battles.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Funso Banjo posted:

Get on Discord and join QGJ ASAP. At the very least you'll get to lean on allies for help with nodes, and you'll be ready to go as soon as you can.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, joining a guild was a huge help for me. Especially an active, goon guild. Both the credits you get from it can help you build your forces up.

When I select Jedi, this is my top results. Who should I be putting in a JK team? I've been using JK Revan, Bastila, General Kenobi, Hermit and GM Yoda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Top revan team: revan, GMY, jolee, bastila, GK/hermit yoda. GK is better for defense, hyoda better for offense/raids

GK, jka and ahsoka tano are useful for padme teams