Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I am absolutely convinced he will walk away from this fine because that guy fucks. The sheer confidence with which he said "I like customes" or whatever was big-time "this guy fucks" energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Trudeau will win a majority.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Juul-Whip posted:

Trudeau will win a majority.

Man I hate Canadian politics so much because it makes me react, "sigh, it could be worse I guess."

Oh and I decided that if somehow the NDP asks me to run in my local riding I'll accept on the following conditions:

1 - I say whatever I want, including a promise to break with the party if I feel the party line is not far enough left on heathcare, education, labour law, income inequality, white supremecy, or environmental votes, especially if it gets me booted out of the caucus.

2 - I'm going to immediately acknowledge being a recovered alcoholic who was really lovely in his 20s but didn't sexually assault anyone or do anything like wear blackface but I was a piece of poo poo anyway.

3 - That I'm allowed to publicly challenge other candidates in my or any riding to actual fights if I feel like it, and if they accept it's not going to be any namby pamby grabass Trudeau boxing match; that if I get my hands on a particularly vile right wing candidate that they're going to the hospital.

4 - That I'm going to put literally no effort or money into campaigning other than showing up for some debates specifically to antagonize everyone.

Those are my terms, NDP. Or gently caress it, even Liberals. Ball's in your court now.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'll allow you to be a Pipeline Party candidate but every time the ruling party says "middle class" you have to do a Nelson Muntz laugh as loud as you can.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Powershift posted:

I'll allow you to be a Pipeline Party candidate but every time the ruling party says "middle class" you have to do a Nelson Muntz laugh as loud as you can.

I don't have a falsetto so I can't laugh like that at all :(

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CommonShore posted:

I don't have a falsetto so I can't laugh like that at all :(

Well, unfortunately, we're going to be banning non-legitimate uses of helium, so you're out.

Seriously, everybody's circle jerking about straws while balloons are still a loving thing. what the gently caress.

"You can have MRIs, or you can have small pieces of latex that float for like 3 days until a cat chokes to death on them"

LATEX! LATEX! LATEX!

The plastic straw hate is propaganda from Big Balloon

e: lmfao

Powershift has issued a correction as of 05:23 on Sep 20, 2019

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
:lol: SNC Alladin, the prime minstrel, I'm dying I love you all, god bless and merry xmas

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

lol the gbs thread has already turned from "can you really hold people accountable for things they did 20 years ago?" to "blackface isn't bad. would you be mad at someone if they wore a wig?"

expect we're a page aware from the zwartze piet defender logging on

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
The CBC is half the problem.

https://twitter.com/CBCNB/status/1174647668875898880

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i wonder what it feels like to have your killshot smear completely derailed because your base is too racist to even pretend that they think blackface is bad

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
The only reason the conservatives have never had a blackface scandal is that they're too racist to even consider pretending to be a minority.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/viperwave/status/1174833761906610177

https://twitter.com/mrfeelswildride/status/1174833959965872128

https://twitter.com/viperwave/status/1174842071061893120

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1174837124698464260

https://twitter.com/vreeevrooo/status/1174846392940077056

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Justin Trudeau arrives at the Swiss Ambassador's reception, only to trip over the rug and fall face first into the chocolate fountain. Still, he persisted.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Breakfast All Day posted:

lol the gbs thread has already turned from "can you really hold people accountable for things they did 20 years ago?" to "blackface isn't bad. would you be mad at someone if they wore a wig?"

expect we're a page aware from the zwartze piet defender logging on

some of my friends are trying the “Who are we to tell another culture that what they were doing 20 years ago is racist? we should try and understand where they were coming from!” dance. like who among us can understand the strange mysterious culture of Canada in 2001?

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

yeah there's a lot of "well canada isnt a nation founded on slavery or race exploitation so it its different" takes

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

most people I've spoken to have just been "lol what an idiot but he's still better than the conservatives"

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Unlike the much more enlightened 2006, when Trudeau knew to hide this from his vetting team.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

yeah there's a lot of "well canada isnt a nation founded on slavery or race exploitation so it its different" takes

It's a loving travesty that Canadians don't know that yes, we had slavery too. We only ended it because the British banned it everywhere in the empire. It's not even as though brave Canadians took a stand to abolish it or anything.

e: Good article about blackface in canada:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/09/canadas-surprising-history-of-blackface/598468/

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

uhhhhhhhhhhh...

boy howdy.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
ask them how they think the railroad made it through the rockies.

i mean we had a heritage minute about that one, there's no excuse

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
would now be a good time to bring up the treatment of black people by Canadians in Nova Scotia and Vancouver

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/justintrudeau/status/896815479989338113?lang=en

well you sure know amirite

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

If you think that tweet was bad you should have seen the Al Jolson-inspired song and dance he wanted to do instead

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
lorrie goldstein is having a full on meltdown on twitter over trudeau being a racist

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

lorrie goldstein is having a full on meltdown on twitter over trudeau being a racist

i think you meant to say racially aware

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
ive been out of the loop the last week, there's gotta be more than a few people who said "what's the big deal I did it too" right. that alone makes this whole thing worthwhile

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Dreylad posted:

ive been out of the loop the last week, there's gotta be more than a few people who said "what's the big deal I did it too" right. that alone makes this whole thing worthwhile

literally today at work my boss, who was visibly irate at the idea of the libs losing because of this, dropped the line "who hasn't dressed up like an indian in highschool, come on!" like it was the most obvious and common thing in the world. lol

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/sdbcraig/status/1175180758232764416

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/sdbcraig/status/1175162761040531458

was this the one you meant bc lol

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

its absolutely great to watch libs try to explain away brownface as not that bad in this case and cons try and spin this as a bad thing without calling brownface racist

this is truly the issue that brings this country together in unity

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Ugh, I can't believe they found another 7 Trudeau brownface pictures, the man is a menace to society

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

judging by the amount of people in winnipeg that did pm selfies yesterday i think pmjt is going to be okay

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DariusLikewise posted:

judging by the amount of people in winnipeg that did pm selfies yesterday i think pmjt is going to be okay

I love it when the ruling class does whatever it wants with impunity!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

justin trudeau stands alone in the dimly lit hotel bathroom. the steam still hanging in the air from his shower. trembling he uses the low-thread count hotel towel to wipe the mirror

“just one more time justy, one more time and ill stop”

justins hand rubs slowly down the side of his face leaving a thick brown smudge behind

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Jehde posted:

Humour (or more specifically: trolling) is a tool frequently used by fascists.

Robert Evans (of "It Could Happen Here" podcast fame) put out an "audiobook" called The War on Everyone. In the first episode he goes over Umberto Eco's definition of fascism, and notably adds the humour/trolling part as his own addendum for modern fascism. Ofcourse most examples of this are modern, but he also brings up hints of it from history.

Seconding - Robert Evans' It could Happen Here and Behind The Bastards podcasts are both great - if you haven't listened give 'em a shot.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It gives me no pleasure to report this but Ralph Goodale has been crushed beneath a stack of Justin Trudeau brownface photos that slid into a precarious avalanche. My prayers are with his family.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
there was a mixup in the liberal campaign office and instead of mailing out the new flyers the lpc has sent a different blackface photo to every voter in canada

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

vyelkin posted:

there was a mixup in the liberal campaign office and instead of mailing out the new flyers the lpc has sent a different blackface photo to every voter in canada

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Chef!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The local liquor store had 18 cans of beer for $15, which i can only assume is the result of Ford-Kenney-Pallister synergy.

Bring on Scheer!