Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

what would be a good way to clean the joycons and the Switch? I spilled warm dead mouse water (I have snakes and use the water to thaw dead mice to feed them) all over my Switch and it still works thankfully but I want to disinfect it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Kirby theme secured. Now to figure out tspins.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

And the alternative is to pay 100+ for the “privilege” of then paying however much when they break.

Wish nintendo exclusives just all had pc ports. :argh:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Avalerion posted:

And the alternative is to pay 100+ for the “privilege” of then paying however much when they break.

Wish nintendo exclusives just all had pc ports. :argh:
Agreed. I was gonna get a Switch Lite but now because of this ambiguous tweet from VGC_News that certainly isn't clickbait at all I will not be getting one.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

What's ambiguous about it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nintendo "could have used different materials" but otherwise they're the same.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That’s not really ambiguous just kind of poorly phrased.

It’s awkward but the intent is clear

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

"Could have" as in they had the option to is how I read that

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's ambiguous because they're unsure if they used different materials in the sticks or not.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

"Could have" as in they had the option to is how I read that
"could have" isn't an indictment on Nintendo. It's that they literally are unsure of the materials that compose the sticks.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFG7v6UvpiY

Really short but I thought it was worth what I paid. I'd be okay with DLC that had more villages or goose options if it was priced appropriately, especially if it takes place in Canada.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

We have to get to the bottom of this joystick material business, someone break out the chromatograph

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

American McGay posted:

Agreed. I was gonna get a Switch Lite but now because of this ambiguous tweet from VGC_News that certainly isn't clickbait at all I will not be getting one.

I prob just cross my fingers on the lite anyway, seems dumb to get the more expensive one for 3-5 games either way.

And i watched the vid, it’s “could have” as in the material looks and feels the same but the guy didn’t run a chemical analysis on it to confirm.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

OOT is the worst Zelda don’t @ me, fight me by the bikeracks.

I'll back you up. :q::respek::q:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

American McGay posted:

It's ambiguous because they're unsure if they used different materials in the sticks or not.

"could have" isn't an indictment on Nintendo. It's that they literally are unsure of the materials that compose the sticks.

What it’s saying they could have used something different but didn’t.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

We have to get to the bottom of this joystick material business, someone break out the chromatograph

I would totally try to measure the stick material with our work spectrometer if I had access to a lite

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 21, 2019

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

CharlestheHammer posted:

What it’s saying they could have used something different but didn’t.
It's not. Read it again.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
I'm a bit late to the LA frame rate complaining, but I swear between it and control, this year is showing how entitled/first world problems gamers are. A great game is 'unplayable' because of some jitter and slow down. Am I getting too old? Get off my damned lawn.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

tensai posted:

I'm a bit late to the LA frame rate complaining, but I swear between it and control, this year is showing how entitled/first world problems gamers are. A great game is 'unplayable' because of some jitter and slow down. Am I getting too old? Get off my damned lawn.
How many people have called LA "unplayable"? Most reaction I've seen from people complaining is that it's distracting and disappointing for an otherwise great experience.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Old games didn’t have much in the way of being jittery slowdown. That’s kind of a modern gaming problem.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

tensai posted:

It's crazy to me too, Link's Awakening is gorgeous and charming and plays fantastically. I've noticed the dips and it'd be nice if it maintained a solid 60 but it hasn't impacted my enjoyment of the game at all. I'm just entranced the whole time I'm playing.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That game's no way unplayable, but it's got definite shortcomings. The problem is made worse for me since I play on a projector so seeing the game's frame rate drops, lower resolution (lol at a game in YTOOL 2019 not running at 1080p) without AA are really drat noticeable when the screen you're playing on is 7+ feet diagonal.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

sigher posted:

That game's no way unplayable, but it's got definite shortcomings. The problem is made worse for me since I play on a projector so seeing the game's frame rate drops, lower resolution (lol at a game in YTOOL 2019 not running at 1080p) without AA are really drat noticeable when the screen you're playing on is 7+ feet diagonal.

The Switch isn't particularly powerful. Even Nintendo's first party games don't run at a stable 1080p. Sometimes they run at a stable lower resolution, or will run at 1080p initially, and lower the resolution once technical issues start coming in.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I feel bad for everyone who claims that the framerate drops are making the game unplayable. I haven't noticed it once and i just get to enjoy the best zelda ever exactly as my memory would love it to be.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I notice it but it’s super minor and it usually clears up quickly once it happens. Still really enjoying the game. I’m enjoying chamber dungeons much more than I thought I would based on what people were saying. It’s really fun to have challenges based on building a Zelda map.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I got over the frame rate issues after a couple hours. It’s definitely not something you need to wait for a patch for.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

American McGay posted:

How many people have called LA "unplayable"? Most reaction I've seen from people complaining is that it's distracting and disappointing for an otherwise great experience.

Don’t know if I’ve seen the word “unplayable”, but multiple people in this thread have said it “ruins” it.

Dpulex posted:

Lol at digital foundry calling link's awakening unmissable. It's full of framerate problems that really ruin the experience. It's almost worth just playing the DX version on GBC over this even without the QoL improvements.

Infinitum posted:

The frame rate issues ruin an otherwise incredible remake.

(Same as with Control, the framerate issues are annoying but it is hyperbole to say it “ruins” it. The games are still good.)

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Framerate issues are typical Zelda though? If memory serves right OoT was choppy, idk about MM

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

OoT is a classic because it holds a framerate like the Lumiere camera

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/bobbypadlock/status/1175070687561682945

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Just detach them!

get a saw or something

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Real gamers would get them off

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Sorry if this has been answered recently but I literally cannot keep up to date with this thread. How is the Castle Crashers port? I have a friend coming over tonight and that kind of thing is right up our alley

Also taking couch coop game suggestions

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Real gamers would get them off

Lewd.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Lechtansi posted:

I feel bad for everyone who claims that the framerate drops are making the game unplayable.

I feel bad for anyone who gives a poo poo about frame rate

like surely "the frame rate occasionally dips in the same manner that frame rate occasionally dips in like basically any game and that means that this game has emotionally offended me" is some kind of acutely self-aware internet performance art

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bleck posted:

like surely "the frame rate occasionally dips in the same manner that frame rate occasionally dips in like basically any game and that means that this game has emotionally offended me" is some kind of acutely self-aware internet performance art

The particular kind of dynamic framerate that Link's Awakening uses makes framerate dips highly noticeable. Like, yeah it ain't worth getting mad about, but it really sticks out a lot.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I'm really liking the 8BitDo SN30 pro+ and it fixes all my complaints with the original SN30. The configuration software is really good but I have encountered one limitation. There's an issue with Link's Awakening where it won't let you control Link with the d-pad and I'd like to see if it's possible to switch the d-pad with the left analog stick. Does anybody know if it's possible to accomplish this with the SN30 pro+?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Framerate issues are typical Zelda though? If memory serves right OoT was choppy, idk about MM

Zelda 1 had slowdown all over the place so it’s definitely a series staple

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Bleck posted:

It’s okay to acknowledge a game has flaws that effects your enjoyment of it.

It’s not a personal attack on you

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bleck posted:

Have you played Link's Awakening? I mean it's fine if it doesn't bother you, but claiming it's like "basically in any game" isn't really correct. It's quite jarring for those that have the unfortunate ability to notice it.

Internet performance art? People complaining about people complaining about the frame rate has gotten much more annoying than people complaining about the frame rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

American McGay posted:

Have you played Link's Awakening? I mean it's fine if it doesn't bother you, but claiming it's like "basically in any game" isn't really correct. It's quite jarring for those that have the unfortunate ability to notice it.

Internet performance art? People complaining about people complaining about the frame rate has gotten much more annoying than people complaining about the frame rate.

I would like to lodge a complaint about your post, sir. Can you direct me to your internet manager?