Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Slowpoke! posted:

Oh come on, this is a bad take. She is calling for her colleagues to impeach. The fact that she is doing it on Twitter instead of on a CNN interview or in a stump speech shouldn’t matter. Warren is one of 3-4 people with a legit shot at being president, so her saying this does matter

I don't think they're saying it's not a good thing for Warren to tweet - just that it's, you know. A tweet. Not "wielding power" in any meaningful sense of the word. Democrats have been absolutely terrible at wielding power when they've had it over the past several decades, and this David Atkins doofus clearly hasn't learned anything from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I’m sure Warren will clearly state her case at her upcoming fundraiser hosted with Pelosi.

Surely.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
We're at the point where people should be tweeting calls for Pelosi's resignation rather than talking about Donny's very bad behavior that totally deserves punishment this time.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I’d be more inclined to believe Warren’s statement were in good faith if she were consistent here about reprimanding leadership since the last time this impeachment bit came up, rather than yass kweening Pelosi when Omar was under attack and reverting to the condemnation when convenient.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/karpmj/status/1175456330942996480

ded redd fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 21, 2019

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Luckyellow posted:

What was the bigger reaction? I'm deaf so I can't hear what was the reaction. I'm just going off what the tweet said.

Applause. Lots of claps and hoots.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/savoltolin/status/1175428372899532801?s=21

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Liz!

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Office Pig posted:

I’d be more inclined to believe Warren’s statement were in good faith if she were consistent here about reprimanding leadership since the last time this impeachment bit came up, rather than yass kweening Pelosi when Omar was under attack and reverting to the condemnation when convenient.

After the "all about the benjamins" controversy in March:

Warren posted:

“We have a moral duty to combat hateful ideologies in our own country and around the world--and that includes both anti-Semitism and Islamophobia. In a democracy, we can and should have an open, respectful debate about the Middle East that focuses on policy,” Warren, who is running for president in 2020, said in a statement to The Hill. 

“Branding criticism of Israel as automatically anti-Semitic has a chilling effect on our public discourse and makes it harder to achieve a peaceful solution between Israelis and Palestinians. Threats of violence -- like those made against Rep. Omar -- are never acceptable.”

After the "some people did something":

Warren posted:

"The President is inciting violence against a sitting Congresswoman—and an entire group of Americans based on their religion. It's disgusting. It's shameful. And any elected leader who refuses to condemn it shares responsibility for it" Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) [I tried to embed the tweet but apparently don't know how.]
So, like, what are you talking about? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it's based on something, so what is it?

Also, Omar committed the unforgivable sin of doing Politics Stuff and making nice with Pelosi after the controversies, and went on a trip to Africa with her and did photo ops. So she's just a worthless succ dem not worth defending anyway, right?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Ither posted:

There are people of color who are LGBT+. If you watch the forum, you'll see some of them were on stage. Further, if you watched the clip that eke out posted, you'll see that while some people did laugh at Biden's comment, there was bigger reaction when the moderator responded "Just asking the questions people want to know"

The issue is not just the lack of diversity of those at the forum, but the economic demos. I'd rather Sanders listen to some of the people who will attend the HBCU townhall he had scheduled.

Gyges posted:

We're at the point where people should be tweeting calls for Pelosi's resignation rather than talking about Donny's very bad behavior that totally deserves punishment this time.

Bad news: Twitter is apparently allowed checkmarks to mute their tweets for other users.

Judakel fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 21, 2019

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
https://twitter.com/MalcolmAkeem_/status/1175471324124319744

Heh, look at that non-power-wielding Bernard.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Office Pig posted:

Edit:

https://twitter.com/aishaismad/status/1175198033916682240?s=20

Bernie gonna win and we will crush the libs.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1175473016492498945?s=20

Also since this dolt chimed in Biden is going to lose to Donald John Trump.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

So that thread takes it for granted that Obama is a malignant narcissist that personally came up with cages for kids ideas?

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Show me the lie?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/thomaskaplan/status/1175480811648376833

So including a community's best rent control program like a state law forbidding them.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Protect gated communities from draconian rent control laws

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!
Does anyone know for sure if Medicare for all covers gender realignment surgery and hormone treatment? I thought it did...?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Zurakara posted:

Show me the lie?

Obama has problems I’ve just never seen him called a malignant narcissist that personally decided to cage children, based on someone’s “friends in DC.”

Also they’re using this issue about the list to say that warren is now owned by the dnc to fundraise and campaign together. But - isn’t that the point of charging for the list? Like, I think she’s probably campaigning and fundraising with Pelosi because it strictly benefits her to get people behind her who might otherwise support Biden, whether voter or core institutionalist politician.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

mediaphage posted:

Obama has problems I’ve just never seen him called a malignant narcissist that personally decided to cage children, based on someone’s “friends in DC.”

Also they’re using this issue about the list to say that warren is now owned by the dnc to fundraise and campaign together. But - isn’t that the point of charging for the list? Like, I think she’s probably campaigning and fundraising with Pelosi because it strictly benefits her to get people behind her who might otherwise support Biden, whether voter or core institutionalist politician.

But he did personally decide to cage children:

https://twitter.com/immcivilrights/status/1008902662828511232?lang=en

Read through this thread. It's Obama speaking directly on it, with photographic evidence.

The reason anyone who has been paying attention doesn't trust people like Biden or anyone who plays nice with them to actually change anything is because Obama's immigration and foreign policy weren't accidents, they were explicitly decided upon by people at the very top.

I have enormous respect for Julian Castro for not playing nice on that, and if I needed a second choice in the primary, he is much more likely to be it than Warren.

joepinetree fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 21, 2019

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mediaphage posted:

Who has said that? Also why does it matter why he decided to throw children in cages? I can't think of any even remotely acceptable justification for that.

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/thomaskaplan/status/1175480811648376833

So including a community's best rent control program like a state law forbidding them.

I kinda want Warren to go more in depth on which exact communities absolutely need to raise the rent by more than 3% a year. Would probably be educational.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

To be clear I brought it up because I’d literally never heard this claim like this before. I’m not especially politically ignorant, it’s just impossible to keep up with every story. I’m not blindly supporting the establishment.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Who has said that?

It was in the twitter conversation.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Also why does it matter why he decided to throw children in cages? I can't think of any even remotely acceptable justification for that.

The link from joepinetree sheds a lot of clarinet on the situation. Don’t act like I’m trying to be supportive of this.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Obviously some communities are going to want to keep the rent high

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

mediaphage posted:

The link from joepinetree sheds a lot of clarinet on the situation

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Haha. Clarity. I’ll leave it.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

add "landlord bootlicker" to the pile

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1175424331595300864

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

TrixR4kids posted:

Does anyone know for sure if Medicare for all covers gender realignment surgery and hormone treatment? I thought it did...?

Yes. It is a medical necessity.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1175494632203051009

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

Judakel posted:

Yes. It is a medical necessity.
I was reading through the bill but they don’t explicitly call out those items. That said I know Medicare currently covers them so presumably Medicare for All would as well but I don’t know if the bill explicitly says that everything currently covered still would be.

Anyhow I’d just like to be able to point to something specific in the bill that affirms this because I was having a conversation with a person on a different board who is currently going through that process (the hormone treatment). I know it’s been a question in the media occasionally.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The best part is this person refuses to vote for Bernie lmao

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Terror Sweat posted:

https://twitter.com/xeni/status/1175389704855834625

:negative:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

joepinetree posted:

But he did personally decide to cage children:

https://twitter.com/immcivilrights/status/1008902662828511232?lang=en

Read through this thread. It's Obama speaking directly on it, with photographic evidence.

The reason anyone who has been paying attention doesn't trust people like Biden or anyone who plays nice with them to actually change anything is because Obama's immigration and foreign policy weren't accidents, they were explicitly decided upon by people at the very top.

I have enormous respect for Julian Castro for not playing nice on that, and if I needed a second choice in the primary, he is much more likely to be it than Warren.

Words cannot adequately express how disappointed I am in Obama's family detention plan.

Trump's FAMILY SEPARATION AND DETENTION PLAN is even worse, and we need a progressive administration that will end the border nightmare and reform immigration.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Terror Sweat posted:

I mean... you can support a politicians policy proposals without supporting their candidacy for president.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

I mean... you can support a politicians policy proposals without supporting their candidacy for president.

When that candidate is the best shot for that policy it is stupid as absolute poo poo.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Americans voting against their class interest is a time honored tradition

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Chilichimp posted:

Why tho?

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

I hate to pile on but, what the gently caress? Why?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

nearly killed em! posted:

I hate to pile on but, what the gently caress? Why?

Useless do-nothing liberalism is its own goal in and of itself

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Bernie has very little experience as an administrator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Oh wow, he managed a Burlington Coat Factory. Not quite the same as running an entire country