Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Javid posted:

I love making those things flash angrily at me while on a bike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-wvAGl3L5U
Speed camera but you get the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Colostomy Bag posted:

I could probably start a thread on this. And this technically is outside of AI. So don't want to pollute the thread.

I can post poo poo here or point me to an appropriate venue.

Might it fit into that thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3177805
It's Ask me about being a traffic engineer, but seems close enough to me.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Might it fit into that thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3177805
It's Ask me about being a traffic engineer, but seems close enough to me.

Thank you. Points me in the right direction.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

xergm posted:

Seems like this will accomplish just the opposite from people wanting to set a high score on the new sign.
Yeah most will just say "TOO FAST/SLOW DOWN" or max out at a certain number. I've seen one with smiley faces, still worth it to get a sad face.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
There’s one in a neighborhood near me that flashes red and blue like police lights if you’re going too fast.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone respect its speed limit, ever.

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.

Protocol7 posted:

There’s one in a neighborhood near me that flashes red and blue like police lights if you’re going too fast.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone respect its speed limit, ever.

All Contraptions Are Bastards

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

Today I got stuck behind an RV trailer which had one of it's tires blow out right in front of me. I followed it for 10 miles on country roads honking until I finally called the police (which is not good praxis). 5 miles later they had 3 cars pulling him over. Surprisingly it looked like a young MAGA instead of the confused old man I expected. When he stopped he had no tire left on the rim at all, and still never stopped. Why are people so oblivious?

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
Depending on what was pulling it, he likely didn't notice the blowout or your attempt to notify him.

We really need to mandate monitoring of tire pressures on trailers.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

EightBit posted:

Depending on what was pulling it, he likely didn't notice the blowout or your attempt to notify him.

Meh. I’ve pulled a big heavy 5th wheel (2 axles) in a loud as gently caress Diesel truck with a whole family yelling around me and I still had very clear indications that I had lost a tire. This guy was an oblivious dumb idiot.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

I could probably start a thread on this. And this technically is outside of AI. So don't want to pollute the thread.

I can post poo poo here or point me to an appropriate venue.

:justpost:

Or throw it into the chat thread or start an A/T about it I guess.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AhmU-B5sa0

Gonna need :stonk: in 4k

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Powershift posted:

Gonna need :stonk: in 4k

quote:

Непонятный отворот на трассе.

of course

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

I still don't know what is going on here.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Wasabi the J posted:

I still don't know what is going on here.

I think it's someone mistaking a truck runaway lane for an exit and almost driving off a cliff.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpfGnGI_Fuc
these are the aircraft you share a road with

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Booourns posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpfGnGI_Fuc
these are the aircraft you share a road with

Skillsssss

Like this:

https://youtu.be/b3-nTKT9Tko

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

One of those radar speed signs was installed about a year ago on a road I take to work every day. The speed limit on this road was 30 mph but it's a major through road and everyone always went 40 on it. They actually raised the speed limit to 35 (one of the only times I've ever seen this happen) and everyone continues to do 40 on it, occasionally 45.

Then they added the radar speed sign, but instead of setting it up to flash when you exceed the limit (35) it's set to start flashing if you exceed 25 mph. Most people ignore this and continue doing 40-45, but some idiots see it flash and immediately slow down to 20-25 mph and continue at that speed for the next couple miles despite the 35mph limit signs.

I hate other drivers.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Mooseykins posted:

I think it's someone mistaking a truck runaway lane for an exit and almost driving off a cliff.

Why wouldn't you think it's a runaway truck using it for its intended purpose?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

LloydDobler posted:

A bit hard to tell, but it seems like there's very little slowdown going up the ramp, until the last bit.

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.

bolind posted:

A bit hard to tell, but it seems like there's very little slowdown going up the ramp, until the last bit.

Seemed like the ramp was in desperate need of maintenance - looked pretty compacted; it should be a challenge to make it up there, even under power, right?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeah, did see a pic once of a semi that basically made it to the top of one. He had to be flying.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

LloydDobler posted:

It seems like the dash is not too far above the height of the guardrails, which would be the wrong perspective for a truck.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

bolind posted:

Yeah, that's why I think it's a runaway truck. The only reason to use the ramp is that you can't slow down.

Zorak of Michigan posted:

It seems like the dash is not too far above the height of the guardrails, which would be the wrong perspective for a truck.

Yeah, I see your point there. Either way, hairy video.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

LloydDobler posted:

Yeah, that's why I think it's a runaway truck. The only reason to use the ramp is that you can't slow down.

The ramp would slow it down as it climbs.

In the video it seems to slow before getting on the ramp, stay the same speed almost all the way up, and then brake at the top.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yes, as someone has posted it should be a fuckton of loose gravel that would drag everything to its knees.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Seems like he knew what it was and drove up to the top of it to make a video for the internet.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
These are the medium duty junk haulers you share the road with. The size of the lugs and the spacing while only being 6 caught my eye. Then I saw one missing. Small potatoes I know.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/hYPz8Mf.mp4

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I have a lot of questions, but I think I'll just start with: what the gently caress?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You never heard of DevOps?

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

Protocol7 posted:

I have a lot of questions, but I think I'll just start with: what the gently caress?

Just a gastown run no biggie

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Saw an insta-karma last night with a guy getting popped by a (very obvious, I saw it well before the flash) photo radar setup in a construction zone roughly 5 seconds after deciding to pass me after tailgating me for a while.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

EightBit posted:

I posted earlier in this thread about an equipment trailer being towed.that had a tire blowout. The driver got out, looked at the lack of tire, and got back in the pickup and started driving at over 70 mph throwing sparks. Later the wheel and axle failed and he had to pull over for good.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

PT6A posted:

Saw an insta-karma last night with a guy getting popped by a (very obvious, I saw it well before the flash) photo radar setup in a construction zone roughly 5 seconds after deciding to pass me after tailgating me for a while.

Let me guess; Ram 1500?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

PT6A posted:

Hope he enjoys the double fine.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Let me guess; Ram 1500?

Oddly no, and you’re not the first person to whom I’ve told the story to ask this exact question. It was a red sedan.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
On my way home from the gym tonight, I was going through a neighborhood that surrounds a golf course. Saw a guy in what looked like an older Corolla(?) hop the curb from the road then start driving on the golf cart path for the course, slowly out of sight.

There wasn't a :psyduck: big enough...

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

BOOTY-ADE posted:

On my way home from the gym tonight, I was going through a neighborhood that surrounds a golf course. Saw a guy in what looked like an older Corolla(?) hop the curb from the road then start driving on the golf cart path for the course, slowly out of sight.

So definitely drunk and dangerous

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

BOOTY-ADE posted:

He's just living the dream.

My neighborhood is the same, and I can't count how many times I've wanted to take my motorcycle on the cart path as a shortcut.

I've seen at least one person do it on a moped after the course closed for the night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
I took my old Xterra on one in the winter. I could see where it was but it was covered in snow so nobody else was using it.

It was incredibly fun.