Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asema posted:

Kawalimus seek therapy with an actual certified therapist.

Kawalimus when I say this I need you to understand that you have a choice here: You can be a pissbaby and whine and think that everything is terrible and have that really negative outlook on life, or you can realize that this is literally just a baby game that adults are playing and look for positive things in life. You actively make the choice here on which side of this coin you wanna take part of. Listening to different people saying the same constant things about you, maybe it's time to do some reflection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Asema posted:

Kawalimus seek therapy with an actual certified therapist.

I mean I don't disagree the Chiefs are better and I didn't expect to win. But you have to expect to win even if you don't think you will. We played like idiots. Going for two twice for no reason. Undisciplined in the secondary. Some of it though is Thomas is just really slow(you could see it on that run late in the game #31 almost got by him despite Thomas having a really favorable angle) and Jefferson sucks.

This is what used to make me say stuff like "we're the dumbest team in the NFL". I said it mostly as a joke but Harbaugh might be one of the dumbest coaches.

I'll say this though: I really liked the dropkick call. The old onside kicks are a dead play. That is a million percent more likely to work out than the old onsides. Good work there at least.

Also it's so weird you seem new here and I've been through this rodeo with so many other posters. I do enjoy it. This is how I enjoy to watch even if I'm miserable about it sometimes. I'm just being me. That's how I like doing it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ravens are still winning the AFC north lol

Maybe. It's like week three. Things are still being shaken out. Things don't always go how they're looking the first couple weeks. The Browns could find their way. The Steelers aren't looking bad so far today against SF. It's very very early in this season.

Bengals? Yeah they're probably screwed!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kawalimus posted:

I hate this searching for moral victories crap. There's no such thing. A loss sucks. There's no need to sugarcoat losses. We should have won. We hosed up. The gameplan sucked. The playcalling in the first half was garbage. We blew our chances of possibly having an inside track on the #1 seed here.

:justpost:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

ravens not running the ball in the 1st half was weird, dumb penalties hurt them pretty bad

oh well scored 28 points on a lovely offensive performance lets beat cleveland and call it a season tbh

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Sour Diesel posted:

ravens not running the ball in the 1st half was weird, dumb penalties hurt them pretty bad

oh well scored 28 points on a lovely offensive performance lets beat cleveland and call it a season tbh

Funny enough our gameplan last year was better for beating them with super-protected Lamar Jackson. Held the ball a long time. That's how the Patriots beat them in the playoffs. Held the ball for almost three full quarters! Keep it away from Mahomes whenever possible. He's that good.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I look back fondly at the bad days, the pre-marvin days, the akili Smith days. and I rejoice that I'm there again. no hope, nor expectations, only the serenity of exquisitely terrible Bengals football. when the world crumbles around you the consistency is comforting. this one thing can last, this one thing is unchanging.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Oh yeah just remembered that tomorrow is my first day in my new office...in the Philly burbs. Might wait a couple days before bringing in my Lions desk gear :v:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Ultra Carp
If you think Kawalimus being Kawalimus is obnoxious just put him on ignore, waxing poetic about how wrong he is and/or telling him to get therapy (Over football? Seriously?) and that he has brain problems is far more unreadable than anything he posts.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Asema posted:

Kawalimus when I say this I need you to understand that you have a choice here: You can be a pissbaby and whine and think that everything is terrible and have that really negative outlook on life, or you can realize that this is literally just a baby game that adults are playing and look for positive things in life. You actively make the choice here on which side of this coin you wanna take part of. Listening to different people saying the same constant things about you, maybe it's time to do some reflection.

Why pay someone for attention when you give it to him for free?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Acebuckeye13 posted:

If you think Kawalimus being Kawalimus is obnoxious just put him on ignore, waxing poetic about how wrong he is and/or telling him to get therapy (Over football? Seriously?) and that he has brain problems is far more unreadable than anything he posts.

This year is accelerating, usually it's at least november before people start having to defend his broke brain.

He annoys the poo poo out of me, but I will say hes nowhere near as loving annoying here as he is in hockey threads.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Just did it so don't worry about it.

Also because there's an empathetic reason to worry about someone who's just so downright depressing. But I get it, it's mostly because he's doing:

Chichevache posted:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus owns

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Chichevache posted:

Oh so it's a problem when it's Bob Kraft but Kawalimus gets free reign

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Obviously losing always sucks but I'm kinda okay with today. We played probably the best second best team in the NFL? in their home, had at least a couple of back breaking penalties, some weird coaching decisions and it still was decently close. We are also still missing Jimmy Smith who maybe could've help a little with their receivers (I know they didn't have Hill too shut up). Also the AFCN is dead so it's very possible that we win it anyway. What would be worrying was if we won those first two games against the Dolphins and Cards and completely shat the bed against the Chiefs.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kawalimus doesn't hate life or any of the weird poo poo you make up about his story fwiw

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Ultra Carp
Anyway, Lions: god drat they were lucky to come out of that one with a win. It's a really good thing the Eagles were forced to suit up all those amputees that couldn't catch passes for poo poo or else we would have definitely been in trouble. That 4th Quarter playcalling was especially wretched—the Lions were only able to pick up a single yard on seven rushing plays in the 4th, which is... not ideal (And also a major indictment of the inability for the line to open up holes for Kerryon).

At this point, I think the Lions have everything they need to succeed except a head coach. The talent is there on both offense and defense, and even the position coaches aren't terrible (Bevell's offense has been a pleasant surprise with his willingness to let Stafford chuck the ball downfield), but I am certain that Patricia is a millstone around this team's neck, and will doom a talented team to mediocrity this season.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

as loathe as I am to buy into it kawalimus has admitted emphasizing his schtick for attention so the pro strat is to ignore him and watch him violet beauregarde his way into predicting the ravens will lose out from week 5 at 4-1

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Asema posted:

stfu

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

congratulations to my favorite team on the victory today (vikings)

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm just wondering how short a leash somebody not named Kawalimus would have if they did the same whiny pissbaby poo poo

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Asema posted:

I'm just wondering how short a leash somebody not named Kawalimus would have if they did the same whiny pissbaby poo poo

idk but if you keep going you might find out

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Just coming in here to say Lions Bitch.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

Obviously losing always sucks but I'm kinda okay with today. We played probably the best second best team in the NFL? in their home, had at least a couple of back breaking penalties, some weird coaching decisions and it still was decently close. We are also still missing Jimmy Smith who maybe could've help a little with their receivers (I know they didn't have Hill too shut up). Also the AFCN is dead so it's very possible that we win it anyway. What would be worrying was if we won those first two games against the Dolphins and Cards and completely shat the bed against the Chiefs.

I'd say the real contenders right now are the Packers, Cowboys, Chiefs, and Patriots even though i think they are paper tigers. They're the only four who really look like they have all their poo poo together. There's a few more teams who could sneak in including our own! But right now those four are far and away the contenders. Colts also have potential with Brissett playing very well.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Way to go, The Cincinnati Bengals, on keeping the game close this week.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Congratulations to the Cincinnati Bengals for putting players on the field for every single snap of the game.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

This, plus therapists fail 54% of the time anyway and surely one he picks will fail.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Congratulations to the Cincinnati Bengals for putting players on the field for every single snap of the game.

Did they, though?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I gotta say I like how abstract your concept of "players" is Marsh

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/19/science/bird-populations-america-canada.html

Protect Kawalimus at all costs

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Yep. Saw this the other day and posted it in the birding thread in the pet forum. Not a surprise at all if you've been monitoring birds for any period of time. In the last decade the common stuff like Juncos, Chickadees, Titmice have gone way down especially. It's disheartening stuff. But birding continues to be fun and easily the best hobby I ever undertook.

Just remembering even from when I was a kid. You saw so much more! I remember there was always a week in april where the yellow-rumped warblers just took over the yard. You saw them everywhere! Now in the last 10 years you still see them. But you gotta actually look.

But I still snagged a Connecticut Warbler the other day ;)

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 22, 2019

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Well its hard not to be jazzed about packers being 3-0, even if the offense is still a major work in progress and disappears for quarters and halves at a time. It's gotten better each week though, so maybe by week 8 they will be scoring 35 a game. In any event, the D is legit, although they tend to get gashed on the ground. I'm definitely worried about the Dallas game, given our penchant for giving up big runs. I'd be more worried about the eagles next week since they are really falling behind in their division and are going to be throwing everything at us to win, but they can't actually catch footballs. When do their receivers come back, cause I sure hope it's not by Thursday.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
gently caress every clown on this forum who was happy we ditched Bevell.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Ultra Carp

Chichevache posted:

He's been doing great work with the Lions, not gonna lie.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Chichevache posted:

Ditching him was good. Ditching him for Schottenheimer was very very bad.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

He's been doing great work with the Lions, not gonna lie.

Almost like he has an o line coach that isn't sabotaging the team.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Ditching him was good. Ditching him for Schottenheimer was very very bad.

Keeping Cable around is an anchor that makes evaluation of any offensive coordinator absolutrly unfair and impossible. FOH, clown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chichevache posted:

That was some monkey’s paw poo poo