Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The only crime here is mayo instead of brown mustard.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I've always wondered what people use canned corned beef for. It just turns to mush when you cook it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sandwiches if you're my mum

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's alright if you fry it, add some tomatoes and onions, let it cook a while, then serve it with some rice

just poverty food itt

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

LifeSunDeath posted:

I got all the ingredients off of amazon a while back...my friend who's an amateur chef and goes to the asian market often makes it for me, so I get my fix that way. I had it in japan a ton of times, they have these lovely instant mapo dofu kits that are still way good, but nothing like my friend who makes it super authentic. Again, I feel like I've never seen it in Texas, but I feel like people would love it cause to me it's the ultimate comfort food but chinese.

This is the one my friend makes:

I'd say you need to move because that's a standard Chinese Restaurant staple literally everywhere except the specific area you live, but what your friend makes has got to blow away any takeout version so you're probably coming out ahead.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sakurazuka posted:

Nothing like a cold bully beef sandwich, add some lettuce, onion, and tomato, I call it the CLOT. :v:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
The burger part of this just looks really really wrong
https://i.imgur.com/Si7SNDJ.mp4
and wet

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

finally some good loving content

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

LifeSunDeath posted:

The burger part of this just looks really really wrong
https://i.imgur.com/Si7SNDJ.mp4
and wet

this is the first time i've seen one of these melted cheese from the hot skillet thing that i would eat, but wouldn't be enthusiastic about

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The ratios are all way off. The buns are way too big, even though the surface is toasted the rest of it is going to be a chewy doughy mess, and there's not nearly enough meat.

That was one of my least favorite parts about living in switzerland (i'm assuming that's where that was since they are so big on raclette). They just don't get burgers or steak. The concept of that burger is fine, but the execution sucks. It's over-indulgent but only in the wrong aspects.

Also the customer better not be planning on using that fork to eat it.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
its also like, wet where in most of the other clips of raclette I've seen they haven't been dripping

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

LifeSunDeath posted:

I got all the ingredients off of amazon a while back...my friend who's an amateur chef and goes to the asian market often makes it for me, so I get my fix that way. I had it in japan a ton of times, they have these lovely instant mapo dofu kits that are still way good, but nothing like my friend who makes it super authentic. Again, I feel like I've never seen it in Texas, but I feel like people would love it cause to me it's the ultimate comfort food but chinese.

This is the one my friend makes:

Depending on where you are in Texas you can totally find it; the Chinese place I used to work in San Marcos makes it (and it's not bad). I don't know why it's so uncommon to find but it should definitely not be

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I must be living under a rock...anyway, currently around galveston area I can't see any places that have it, but up in houston there's places. I'll concede that I guess it's more common than I thought, namaste.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

LifeSunDeath posted:

I must be living under a rock...anyway, currently around galveston area I can't see any places that have it, but up in houston there's places. I'll concede that I guess it's more common than I thought, namaste.

internet says china sea in galveston had ma po bean curd on the menu.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

killer crane posted:

internet says china sea in galveston had ma po bean curd on the menu.

I'm not eating at china sea, gently caress that place.

thanks though, you guy's have totally broken my illusions.

Oh lol some classic galveston folk eatin' here

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I think that's a caper berry? Which is good. But don't slice the thing open like that! :gonk:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

spankmeister posted:

I've always wondered what people use canned corned beef for. It just turns to mush when you cook it.

During Hurricane Irma I found that Brazilian corned beef in the ethnic food aisle had been missed by people attacking the canned meat section. I would cook it up and mix it with hot sauce.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PavlovicNBCS/status/1175814437078470657

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I came

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Into that taco?

Like, what the gently caress is that?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gettin some Krog Street energy off that taco

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

That is some incredibly depressing, congealed queso

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

LadyPictureShow posted:

That is some incredibly depressing, congealed queso

look at that plastic-like texture. did they even remove the wrapper from the cheese? muy bueno.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

He must not have looked very hard for a good one. There are quite a few great places in that city to go. Buford alone has quite a few.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

DicktheCat posted:

He must not have looked very hard for a good one. There are quite a few great places in that city to go. Buford alone has quite a few.

Please don't cum in your tacos

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I came, I saw, I cankered.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Randaconda posted:

it's alright if you fry it, add some tomatoes and onions, let it cook a while, then serve it with some rice

just poverty food itt

thanks for reminding me of the handful of times we had chipped beef as a kid

basically biscuits and gravy, except instead of sausage it's extremely salty extremely dry thin sliced beef. and instead of a biscuit it's toast. also there's canned peas on top

yall carbonara elitists would have a loving stroke

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

WITCHCRAFT posted:

basically biscuits and gravy, except instead of sausage it's extremely salty extremely dry thin sliced beef. and instead of a biscuit it's toast. also there's canned peas on top

poo poo on a shingle is a pro tier poor person food

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
For us, SOS was the same thing but with browned ground beef in pan drippings gravy. I liked that a lot more than the chipped beef. It was always way too salty.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I mean that doesn't actually claim to be carbonara, it would be madness to put it under carbonara law.

much like anything with pineapple on it is already not pizza anymore so pizza rules can't possibly apply

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

My Lovely Horse posted:

much like anything with pineapple on it is already not pizza anymore so pizza rules can't possibly apply

stay were you are, i called the pizza police. dont move. im putting you under citizens arrest. pizza is a freedom god-given to all in the constitution

do not resist

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

The trick with canned corned beef and/or corned beef hash is to not stop at the glop stage. Keep it cooking so some of the grease renders and it fries up and gets crispy on the bottom. Stir the delicious crunchy bits in a time or two so more gets to fry. Eat that poo poo on toasted rye with hot brown mustard.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

WITCHCRAFT posted:

basically biscuits and gravy, except instead of sausage it's extremely salty extremely dry thin sliced beef. and instead of a biscuit it's toast.

I don't know how it was made the one time I had it, but I can only describe it as a flavor black hole. I've had biscuits and gravy plenty of times and even that has some flavor before you pepper the hell out of it, but the chipped beef I had negated anything I added to it to bland. I could barely taste the salty of the beef. I peppered and hot sauced it to where it changed color, still bland. It was a very unnerving experience.

rndmnmbr posted:

The trick with canned corned beef and/or corned beef hash is to not stop at the glop stage. Keep it cooking so some of the grease renders and it fries up and gets crispy on the bottom. Stir the delicious crunchy bits in a time or two so more gets to fry. Eat that poo poo on toasted rye with hot brown mustard.

Or served with an egg on top with a spilly yolk instead of mustard. Absolutely delicious.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/RBfICy2.mp4
I have mouth, so I must sip

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, many times as a child I would open my school lunch to find several slices of corned beef between two pieces of bread.

I kinda want some now.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

rndmnmbr posted:

Chop it up into cubes and cook on a frying pan, add tomato paste, chopped up habaneros. Make a kind of hot tomato sauce.

That's how I cook more or less any meat really, unless I'm baking it, but it works with canned meats too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.