Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The South Face Shrine is some great poo poo, it directly tells you, the player what's going on and gives you a couple of rooms to process it before Owlfacts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Sayonara Wild Hearts is the most chill game ever if you just want to cruise through the levels but it's loving infuriating if you want to aim for Gold ranks. The high point value baubles require memorization because they are in places you won't be able to steer into fast enough if you're just reacting in real time. There's no quick rewind like in Forza or Dirt so if you miss too many to get Gold you just have to restart the entire level.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DuhSal posted:

I'm trying to update the firmware on my new 8bitdo sn30 pro plus but when I try to click on usb update, it gives me a pop up window with a grey-ed out update file in a "d" folder. I'm using a mac. Anyone know of this problem or how to solve it?

What Mac OS?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

put the bioshock trilogy on the Switch already

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a.lo posted:

put bioshock 1&2 on the Switch already

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Just found out Jedi Outcast is going to just be $10

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Roth posted:

:bisonyes:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Roth posted:

Where is my Switch tax

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

The problem is that my left joycon is hosed and my right one is fine, and they don’t sell left joycons on their own, so I end up with an extra joycon.

The bad controller for when people come over to play games

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Where is my Switch tax

You can give me the extra ten dollars.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Roth posted:

Ready to try to shoot my way through like I used too. :blastu:

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Sep 23, 2019

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Why did I get tempted and download the Ori demo. I have it on steam half finished!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Why did I get tempted and download the Ori demo. I have it on steam half finished!

Yes, but it's not portable on Steam

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Beast Legion is not a good boy and keeps tossing me into ravines with it's huge body. :(

Also whoever thought that Megaman disappearing blocks needed to be reincarnated into 3D should be put on one of those blasted things.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Brother Entropy posted:

botw is less zelda than both of those tho
BotW actually has the titular Zelda character in it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This is Short Game Week™

Link's Awakening
Golf Peaks(been out but on sale for 2.50 so I bought it)
Sayonara Wild Hearts
Untitled Goose Game
Ori Demo

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Untitled goose in Smash when?

Also: how would one go about adding that awesome untitled goose gang tag if there already is a gang tag that shouldn't be lost? Asking for a friend.

e: I think my friend fixed it for me

tuo fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Sep 23, 2019

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

going from Fire Emblem to Links Awakening has made me remember how much i love short, briskly paced games. god dang its just got so much momentum from one little encounter to the next

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

I wanted to make my gray Joy-Cons less boring, so I went with white. I'm really digging the monochromatic look.

Whole project took about 1.5 hours. I would say it's important to have a good set of Y00 and PH00 drivers, an angled pair of tweezers, and something to gently pry at the battery and rumble pack. I used a guitar pick. The trickiest part was a few of the ribbon cables on the right Joy-Con were a little short/tight, but otherwise nothing really stands out as being hard. If you're patient and organized, it's a pretty straightforward project. I also changed the color in the firmware so they show up correctly in the GUI using the Joy-Con Toolkit.

Having done this, I will say replacing the analog sticks when they start drifting will be really easy because there isn't much you have to disassemble or disconnect to get at the sticks.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I am listening to Link's Awakening OST this morning and I don't know if I'll make it to the end of the day without buying this game. It wasn't the first Zelda I played, that goes to the NES games, but it was the first I played at an age when I was able to figure it out.

I remember one of my friends at summer day care had it. It took me an embarrassingly long time to get the sword, I had no idea I could push spikes with the shield... once I got the sword though, LA consumed a huge portion of my summer.

Shortly after I got the sword I went on a week vacation with my family. I was probably 7 or 8 and my cousin was a year younger than I was and we put our heads together and played the poo poo out of it for a week solid on a cabin camping trip. She and I had a blast.

I remember getting stuck in dungeons, having ah-ha moments as I opened up more of the map, and being confused/fascinated by all the weird animals on the island.

All this because I finally caved and turned on the game's music.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Link's Awakening was really my first Nintendo Switch experience because it was my first Gameboy game and I would play it in the car and out of the house, then get home and "dock" it to my Super Game Boy.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

my grandmother bought me a gameboy color Christmas of 2000 when I was around ten, and she got me two games, pokemon gold and link's Awakening DX with it (which I realized over time was very lucky she had good taste in games). I'm loving playing it now on the Switch, even though I recently finished the 3DS port. I agree that it would be nice to see the Oracles games or Minish Cap as well.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I kinda wish the LA engine would have been the one they used for the new Animal Crossing... as long as they could figure out the frame rate issues.

Peacoffee posted:

my grandmother bought me a gameboy color Christmas of 2000 when I was around ten, and she got me two games, pokemon gold and link's Awakening DX with it (which I realized over time was very lucky she had good taste in games).

More than likely she was smart enough to ask someone knowledgeable what were the games that were the best for a kid on the system... that said, you still got lucky because if she’d come into the Babbage’s I worked at during this time, I don’t think it would have recommended two top down RPGs - despite one being action and one being turn-based - you would have probably ended up with Pokemon and something like Mario DX.

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Sep 23, 2019

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Link's Awakening was really my first Nintendo Switch experience because it was my first Gameboy game and I would play it in the car and out of the house, then get home and "dock" it to my Super Game Boy.

I hope you're suing nintendo for stealing your idea

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Alright, I have an idea, and it might sound a little crazy, but here me out:

An HD Switch remake of Zelda II

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Actually might be interesting to see a remake/retake on Super Mario Land. Exploding Koopas alone could be fun to play with.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The only complaint I have about Link's Awakening is that it shouldn't be a $60 game. I don't feel like I wasted my money on it, though. It's video game comfort food- nothing too epic, just a fun little game made very well, with some charming art style.

Now make the same style game with the Oracle games, please.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

The Oracle games have always been in a weird spot because Capcom made them, I have no idea what kind of legal mumbo jumbo would have to get cleared through them to let a remake happen.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Orange Crush Rush posted:

The Oracle games have always been in a weird spot because Capcom made them, I have no idea what kind of legal mumbo jumbo would have to get cleared through them to let a remake happen.

The Oracle games were on the 3DS eshop with zero issues. I'm pretty sure Nintendo owns the rights to them 100%.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

If they need to team up with Capcom again to make them, I'm sure they'll have no problem making it happen, given how willing Nintendo has been to collaborate with developers and even indie game makers in recent years.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I've been asking for this for years :arghfist::(

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

...But it's a rhythm game by the Necrodancer devs.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Capcom has been doing events in Monster Hunter World with other games like FF14 and The Witcher.

Maybe they can set up a deal...

I'll take a Zelda style event in MHW for the Oracle series on the switch.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

remake every zelda for the switch, even breath of the wild

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Dyz posted:

Capcom has been doing events in Monster Hunter World with other games like FF14 and The Witcher.

Maybe they can set up a deal...

I'll take a Zelda style event in MHW for the Oracle series on the switch.

I know they did a Legend of Zelda crossover on one of the DS ones. Can't recall if it was 3U or 4U (I think the latter), so it's possible they may again for MHW!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Absolutely, Zelda II is a great game that's just weirdly stigmatized because of how much it differs from the rest and how brutal it is in the endgame. In terms of 2D NES action games it's always felt great to play.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

The Oracle games were on the 3DS eshop with zero issues. I'm pretty sure Nintendo owns the rights to them 100%.

So where a bunch of Megaman and other old school Capcom titles. Getting resold is one thing, but I always thought a full-on remaster is an entirely different beast. That being said, Capcom and Nintendo have been on pretty friendly terms for a while now so maybe reaching a deal wouldn't be too hard.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bremma posted:

I know they did a Legend of Zelda crossover on one of the DS ones. Can't recall if it was 3U or 4U (I think the latter), so it's possible they may again for MHW!
they've done several, in fact!

One was a generic Zelda-themed collab where you got a Link outfit and master sword (sword & shield) and bow

then there was the one where you could make your cat look like Toon Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGZ7kcpcRLY

and then there was the BotW collab where you got the champion tunic and a new bow, and also a Korok outfit for your cat

they've done so many crossovers with Nintendo, like the Metroid one where you get the varia suit and hand cannon (bowgun), or my favorite which is the Animal Crossing crossover which has an Isabelle costume for your cat

https://twitter.com/YourComputerSA/status/1085202085811871744

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Capcom and Nintendo have been on pretty friendly terms for a while now

What is a "while now," 20 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Even longer than twenty years. I don't think there was ever a time where Capcom and Nintendo ever had a Squaresoft style breakup. Capcom even had that GameCube 5 game exclusively deal.