Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

MotU posted:

dont think this is true and its really describes the kind of person you are deep down

oh i am terrible but i try my best not to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Cavauro posted:

i was writing out a long-ish seriouspost about a couple of complex issues with this and why i bothered to post it and so on. I've decided not to post that and regret it later since I've had people use irl ammo against me online in the past because people are horrible. instead i'd like to make the point that Nyla may have been pretty drunk when she posted that tweet, because around the same time she was posting about renfaire mead. This doesn't make it better, but does perhaps increase the possibility of a genuine apology coming in the future. We'll see.

i had a whole effortpost going about fighting words and forgiving nyla for getting carried away in the heat of the moment but instead i am going to apologise to everybody who has had to suffer through my posting, shut my loving mouth & try to be a better person

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

we can all commiserate over the unfortunate truth that hate always wins, with probably hundreds of people planning to use the tweet to try and discredit "a trans person" or make them look bad, instead of an individual and instead of actually caring about the problem. edit: after leveling out a bit, i regret bringing the tweet to new eyes as I don't think it really helps anything. but what's done is done, and although i feel queasy from potentially being associated with the aforementioned awful people, i know my own heart and that there was nothing wrong about why i personally felt bringing up this particular injustice was important in the moments following my discovery of it. I don't believe i'll continue talking about it after this edit. Thank you for reading

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Sep 23, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MotU posted:

dont think this is true and its really describes the kind of person you are deep down

Don't go making a judgement call about another poster, please. We all agree it was dumb of her to respond like that, we all agree the guy she was responding to was a stupid and disgusting piece of poo poo. No need to attack each other over this.

lost my old email posted:

try to be a better person

It's what all of us should aim for in life :hai:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

twitter is a right wing propaganda network not entirely sure how ironic i am being at the moment but i think i read that somewhere

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

What is the story behind this, I wasn't aware of anything going on between Olbermann and WWE?

https://twitter.com/TheMarkHenry/status/1175090343982686208

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

What is the story behind this, I wasn't aware of anything going on between Olbermann and WWE?

According to some tweets in response to it, apparently Braun talked for a bit during a baseball game and some people got salty.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Jerusalem posted:

Strowman was on a MLB program of some sort on Fox I assume, chatting about stuff like his Dad playing softball or something and Oibermann was outraged that a “fake” sportsman was on a real sports program.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

What a weird thing to get mad about!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

HidaO-Win posted:

Strowman was on a MLB program of some sort on Fox I assume, chatting about stuff like his Dad playing softball or something and Oibermann was outraged that a “fake” sportsman was on a real sports program.

Olbermann has gone in on WWE a fair bit in the past, he was especially harsh during the attitude era

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Valid point. gently caress off marks.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

HidaO-Win posted:

noted fake sportsman adam scherr

vivazomo
Nov 4, 2010
Olbermann posted this tweet

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/status/1174833888071475200

Pretty gross thing to say, and now he is trying to post through it by making a bunch of tweets trying to get dogs adopted. As if that's supposed to make up for his bigotry towards the WWE universe. Hopefully Mark Henry can get his friend MBS involved in this situation.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
It's a silly thing to get mad about, but then my mind went back to when Sky had Noel Gallagher on the panel during a Manchester City game and it was 100% cringy and awful so maybe he has a point idk.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Strongman isn't a sport

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ICHIBAHN posted:

Strongman isn't a sport
does that mean usain bolt and mo farah are not sportsmen either because there’s no reason why fastman is more of a sport than strongman

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
oldbermann doing one of his 'you, sir, are doing a treason' monologues but its about braun talking about baseball

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
five titles? what?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Olbermann has "baseball is a sacred American institution" brain worms. Never mind that it's just the sport that gets played while you get drunk in the stands and play with your new free bobblehead.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah baseball is an awesome sport to just kinda happen while you have fun with your m8s

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Low Desert Punk posted:

five titles? what?

Wikipedia would seem to suggest that the chyron is including winning the Greatest Royal Rumble, Money In the Bank and the Andre Battle Royale as “titles.”

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

wait braun has really only held the tag titles, twice?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Nicholas and Rollins. He always has tried to get the World Title...

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Fox really needs to do better with their on air talent if they are trying to promote WWE. Both Braun and Rey appearing at sports events has resulted in people on air or on Twitter just making GBS threads over the product. Seems like a dumb approach to launching your new property.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

twitter is a right wing propaganda network not entirely sure how ironic i am being at the moment but i think i read that somewhere

Yeah but on the flipside it's really good for bursting the fragile egos of journalists who are shocked that there are normal people who don't agree with their takes.

Dacap posted:

Fox really needs to do better with their on air talent if they are trying to promote WWE. Both Braun and Rey appearing at sports events has resulted in people on air or on Twitter just making GBS threads over the product. Seems like a dumb approach to launching your new property.

Seems right out of the Turner Broadcasting/WCW relationship.

Very smart.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
olbermann is a giant goddamned nerd and this is 100% the kind of thing he'd get mad about

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

What does Olbermann do when he's not whining about wrestlers? I only vaguely recognize the name.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Jonny Nox posted:

What does Olbermann do when he's not whining about wrestlers? I only vaguely recognize the name.

Centre-left media pundit

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Dacap posted:

i don't think WWE understands how much of a joke their product is to the general public. they really think they're Disney. they expect their wrestlers to be treated like celebrities but people just make fun of them because the McMahon circus act has been making professional wrestling a farce for the past forty years and nobody respects it, and why the gently caress would you

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I agree, but even outside the McMahon family bubble you’d think Fox TV execs are a bit more competent and aware of the real perception and would want to take steps to protect their investment more.

It’s super common for sports broadcasts to promote other network shows, and you’d never hear a football commentator be like: “coming up after the game is the season 11 premiere of Modern Family. That show has really fell apart since season 5, hasn’t it?”

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Dacap posted:

I agree, but even outside the McMahon family bubble you’d think Fox TV execs are a bit more competent and aware of the real perception and would want to take steps to protect their investment more.

It’s super common for sports broadcasts to promote other network shows, and you’d never hear a football commentator be like: “coming up after the game is the season 11 premiere of Modern Family. That show has really fell apart since season 5, hasn’t it?”

how would you cross promote your product that you bought with the desire to pitch as a sport?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Low Desert Punk posted:

i don't think WWE understands how much of a joke their product is to the general public. they really think they're Disney. they expect their wrestlers to be treated like celebrities but people just make fun of them because the McMahon circus act has been making professional wrestling a farce for the past forty years and nobody respects it, and why the gently caress would you
Oh, I think Vince McMahon knows that very well. It's killing him inside and he will keep trying to change that perception until he draws his dying breath, still scorned by the rest of the entertainment industry.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I think that having Rey be at a Vikings game with a mask on is, not the best look. Why not get a Rollins appearance at a Bears game? That would make more sense.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jonny Nox posted:

cocaine

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

baseball has more kayfaybe than wrestling so I don't really see what the issue is here.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

I think that having Rey be at a Vikings game with a mask on is, not the best look. Why not get a Rollins appearance at a Bears game? That would make more sense.

Or send your tag team called the Viking Raiders to the Vikings v Raiders game?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

because you're advertising to a mainstream audience who knows who rey mysterio is and does not know who seth rollins is. (as a bit of an aside, fox doesn't have the rights to the bears this week, so they put him on one of their like, half a dozen games they were broadcasting)

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
seth rollins hates football though

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I bet Rollins calls sports "sportsball"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I bet hotmic Seth Rollins says the N word when his team loses.