Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Mister Bates posted:

also, putting forth an act that is technically illegal under the provisions of a previous act was a straight up accident on my part which I did not realize until just now, my bad

I'd actually be okay with withdrawing the Floating Laboratory Act for now since it is, under previous legislation currently in effect, not something we should actually be allowed to do. it's already passed, though, and people are submitting designs, so I dunno

In a parliamentary system of government, the will of parliament is sovereign and no past parliament can bind a current or future parliament. Ergo any statute passed is law, even if it contradicts previous statute. Those parts of previous laws it contradicts are no longer valid.

I suppose Grey could appoint a goon constituted judiciary to make legal rulings on any possible conflicts or gaps in statute. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

tanglewood1420 posted:

In a parliamentary system of government, the will of parliament is sovereign and no past parliament can bind a current or future parliament. Ergo any statute passed is law, even if it contradicts previous statute. Those parts of previous laws it contradicts are no longer valid.

I suppose Grey could appoint a goon constituted judiciary to make legal rulings on any possible conflicts or gaps in statute. :v:

How quickly we abandon the principles of autocracy...

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

IMO, having a mess of contradictory laws which can be twisted to say anything those in authority wish is very on point.

And we wouldn't want it any other way.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

January 1921

There is a design for an aircraft carrier, but no room in the budget to build it.

Our guns get better.

February 1921

The Japanese have a faster fighter.

March 1921

Things are quiet.

April 1921

Quiet is good – we build ships and research new technology.

May 1921

Generally we're learning how to pack a bigger bang into a smaller space.

June 1921

We get the normal reports.

July 1921

With world tensions low, there is nothing wrong with a little arms dealing.

August 1921

Our seaplane carrier finally finishes construction – already hopelessly outdated.

The first carrier is sent to be finalised.

September 1921

ALWAYS beat the French.

We get minelaying subs and a new flying boat.

October 1921

Our docks expand once more and I lay down the CVL.

November 1921

We are not the only one expanding our docks.

December 1921

We finish off a quiet year.

Several ships are looking old and needing a rebuild.

The new ships are progressing well.

We are working just inside our means.

World tension remains low.

Ships of the world.

Back to you.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

Hmm! Well, let Grey interpret my orders however he feels best. Just nothing happening with no comment will lead to BuOrd's messages being increasingly underlined, italicized, bolded, etc.

I hereby propose the FAA Modernization Act

To prevent BuOrd from being overly and unduly burdened by aircraft designs beyond the intended purview of the office, requesting new aircraft designs and selection of designs for production shall be exclusively the responsibility of the legislature. BuOrd retains the right to establish a naming scheme for aircraft models and name them as they see fit.

i81icu812 fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 21, 2019

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Dock Size Moderation Act

Once our dockyards are capable of constructing 60,000 ton ships, there will be no more funds allocated towards expanding the docks. This act will help us expand the fleet by diverting our cash towards actual ship construction instead of capital that is incredibly underutilized.

Railroad Investment Act

Whenever possible we will direct any tax windfalls towards the construction of infrastructure.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

i81icu812 posted:

I hereby propose the FAA Modernization Act

To prevent BuOrd from being overly and unduly burdened by aircraft designs beyond the intended purview of the office, requesting new aircraft designs and selection of designs for production shall be exclusively the responsibility of the legislature. BuOrd retains the right to establish a naming scheme for aircraft models and name them as they see fit.

Sure but without screens for two years ago even knows w hat our planes are called now???

At least we got a new plane this year, at all

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Can we learn anything by training the seaplane carrier or is it useless?

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
The Elbrus is completely pointless now and we're better off scrapping it than letting it be a (rather big) drain on our coffers.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Dance Officer posted:

The Elbrus is completely pointless now and we're better off scrapping it than letting it be a (rather big) drain on our coffers.

Except air scouts are still useful. Plus floatplanes can carry bombs (eventually).

Not like we're awash with ships right now, anyhow.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I thought we already passed a bill stopping the neverending dock expansions?

e: yeah I checked, the Enough is Enough bill already passed so we shouldn't be expanding every time anymore.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

vyelkin posted:

I thought we already passed a bill stopping the neverending dock expansions?

e: yeah I checked, the Enough is Enough bill already passed so we shouldn't be expanding every time anymore.

Urk. My bad.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Grey Hunter posted:

Urk. My bad.
The Have Grey Hunter Hanged for Treason act is simple. He has ignored us one too many times and now he is to be hanged by his legs for the next year or until he apologises to us. Sincerely!

More seriously:

I propose the Know Your Enemies act.

With increased tensions between ourselves and the nations of Austria-Hungary and France, it is vital we know what they are doing and how they are doing it. To this end, this act will mandate that our intelligence efforts against both nations shall be set to HIGH.

sloshmonger
Mar 21, 2013
I propose the Ooh, Shiny! Act
This act allows the purchase of offered or stolen aircraft designs if they are better than the model currently deployed, with attribute priority set by previous procurements from BuOrd.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sloshmonger posted:

This act allows the purchase of offered or stolen aircraft designs if they are better than the model currently deployed, with attribute priority set by previous procurements from BuOrd.

seconded

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

Sure but without screens for two years ago even knows w hat our planes are called now???

At least we got a new plane this year, at all

That sounds a lot like a seconding of the bill!!

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Dance Officer posted:

We can convert it to a CVL, scrapping it is pointless.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 21, 2019

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Pickled Tink posted:

With increased tensions between ourselves and the nations of Austria-Hungary and France, it is vital we know what they are doing and how they are doing it. To this end, this act will mandate that our intelligence efforts against both nations shall be set to HIGH.

Seconded

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

sloshmonger posted:

Pickled Tink posted:

Vote!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Yea
Yea

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Aye
Aye

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Aye
Aye

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Aye
Nay

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Aye
Aye

Captain :v:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Aye
Aye

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Zikan posted:

Aye
Aye

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Aye
Aye

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Aye, Aye

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Nay
Nay

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
AYE
AYE

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

January 1922

sloshmonger posted:

Pickled Tink posted:

The construction of the new aircraft carrier gets off to a good start.

February 1922

We get a couple of tech increases.

March 1922

Japan are a little annoyed with us for stealing a 15 foot pole with some mirrors in it.

April 1922

I know how this one goes. He can have something with less guns this time!

May 1922

Oh god, this means another wave of destroyers, doesn't it...

June 1922

I did a quick refit on the light cruisers to keep them up to date,

July 1922

Machinery weight saving is always good.

August 1922

We hold a shooting contest to keep the troops sharp.

Better 5” guns are now available.

September 1922

We get a look at an Austrian light crusier.

A new fighter is ordered, and Germany is expanding its light fleet.

October 1922

All or nothing armour will shake things up a bit.

November 1922

The Austrians are at director tech level.

December 1922

We achieve aircraft inception.

Funds are holding, and our docks hitting 60k.

Here is the fleet.

Our next battleship will be ready in four months, then I will need to see about the funds to commission the last of the series.

Here are the fighter designs.

Tensions are manageable, but Austria-Hungary look to be our next war.

Back over to you!

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
We need to cancel that last ship that hasn't been ordered yet and produce an AON design instead. It's worth it, the prototyping costs aren't that much.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Airbase Expansion Act of 1923

Build up all our airbases for both airplanes and airships to their maximum level possible in Northern Europe once there is a budget surplus. This will allow us to reallocate our best fighting ships as necessary since we can be assured that our ports in the west have adequate cover against the occasional raider. The cost of construction is also cheaper than even one battleship on a monthly basis.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
What do we need to do, to be able to deploy flying aircraft carriers. What ever it is, we need to do it.

Should any requests to launch archaeological expeditions to the middle east in search of ancient items and collectables, we should do that too. Nothing could go wrong doing that.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Battleships of the Decade Act

With the new armour technology, the planned third Imperator Garton class is now completely obsolete.

Thus this act proposes we cancel the requested third vessel of this class, and commission at least 2 new BB or BC class vessels using the new AON armour scheme.
No new destroyer hulls may be laid down until both new Capital ships are under construction.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Veloxyll posted:

Battleships of the Decade Act

With the new armour technology, the planned third Imperator Garton class is now completely obsolete.

Thus this act proposes we cancel the requested third vessel of this class, and commission at least 2 new BB or BC class vessels using the new AON armour scheme.
No new destroyer hulls may be laid down until both new Capital ships are under construction.

Seconded.

Danann posted:

Airbase Expansion Act of 1923

Build up all our airbases for both airplanes and airships to their maximum level possible in Northern Europe once there is a budget surplus. This will allow us to reallocate our best fighting ships as necessary since we can be assured that our ports in the west have adequate cover against the occasional raider. The cost of construction is also cheaper than even one battleship on a monthly basis.

imo this one is not a good idea since there are a lot of potential airbases in Northern Europe, so that's a huge drain on the budget to build all those to maximum and outfit them with planes.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Those improved 5 inchers are going to be really nice for future secondaries and arming our next few waves of DDs.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Comstar posted:

What do we need to do, to be able to deploy flying aircraft carriers. What ever it is, we need to do it.

Should any requests to launch archaeological expeditions to the middle east in search of ancient items and collectables, we should do that too. Nothing could go wrong doing that.

fortunately they are deployed to our airship bases automatically once the technology is researched so we already have them!

In fact,

The Greatness requires Our Airships To Sail Everywhere act, or GOATSE for short

Two additional airship bases will be constructed, in locations of the Admiralty's choosing, in order to take full advantage of the increased air cover provided by our new flying aircraft carriers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe

Mister Bates posted:

fortunately they are deployed to our airship bases automatically once the technology is researched so we already have them!

In fact,

The Greatness requires Our Airships To Sail Everywhere act, or GOATSE for short

Two additional airship bases will be constructed, in locations of the Admiralty's choosing, in order to take full advantage of the increased air cover provided by our new flying aircraft carriers.
Seconded.