Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
The moving talk rings true for me too. I want to go someplace cheaper, but I can't take my parents with me, and I'm stuck taking care of them. At least it's still nice here, and everything within 50 miles of Portland, OR isn't paved... Yet.

PsychedelicWarlord posted:

hope you're doing ok

Thanks. Maintaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i don't loving belong anywhere. certainly not here, y'all have made that clear.

being somewhere I don't belong is still better than being alone though

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

You're welcome here.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
my depression is starting to creep back in, I think. I've been on 50 mg of setraline for about 5 months. is this normalish/possible? it's mostly the lethargy and understanding that there will
be consequences for not doing something and not caring. my anxiety is very manageable though!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

SHM, whatever dumbshittery and slapfights I get into in cspam at large, this is thread Switzerland. as long as you follow the rulesand you haveyoure absolutely welcome here.

the only thing that makes me tell people to get the gently caress out is actively harmful poo poo like lol stop taking ur meds. arfjason could roll in here tomorrow and as long as he posts constructively and leaves the idiocracy spam at home hes welcome here too.

I dont want any interactions we have on a dumb poo poo post forum to keep you from support, especially if you need it.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

I managed to get my Zoloft refilled even though I moved and CVS was being difficult about it :cheers:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Eat This Glob posted:

She likes her family a ton and wants to stay close-ish to them, and the maritimes are as close as we can get that isnt Quebec and isnt the united states. We are super comfortable in collapsing lovely places to live. Is there something terrible about the maritimes that is somehow worse than rural iowa and new hampshire?

As long as you can get jobs I'm sure it would be an upgrade over those places yeah. I guess you'd be used to the cold too - I can't hack it.

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

eh, feelin bad

Saganlives has issued a correction as of 10:05 on Sep 22, 2019

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kyle Hyde posted:

eh, feelin bad

rooting for you :hfive:

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Consummate Professional posted:

my depression is starting to creep back in, I think. I've been on 50 mg of setraline for about 5 months. is this normalish/possible? it's mostly the lethargy and understanding that there will
be consequences for not doing something and not caring. my anxiety is very manageable though!

It's definitely possible. Most anti-depressants can gradually or abruptly stop working for people, which is why some people have to switch them up every so often. Sertraline was the first one I was on and it pooped out for me eventually. I'd ask your pdoc about it and see if they think you should up the dose or switch to a different med or something, they'd know better than me.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Goon Danton posted:

Sertraline was the first one I was on and it pooped out for me eventually.

appropriate really

also dont forget about deplin. it can get things back to functional quite often and is probably good for depression regardless. worth asking about

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
In the month I was probated I landed a job as an assistant manager at a gas station

The pay is better. More hours, more dollars per. I can take a position with overtime if I want when I finish training, which I'll probably do about a month ahead of schedule.

I hate it. I need to get out of retail. I have a civil service exam in November and I can't wait

I also came out, again, in that month so now I'm waiting to talk to my therapist in a couple weeks about me having a case of the trans and calling planned Parenthood to talk to them about informed consent stuff

BENGHAZI 2 has issued a correction as of 18:33 on Sep 22, 2019

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
yay dickeye im glad you've got plans in motion :glomp:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

In the month I was probated I landed a job as an assistant manager at a gas station

The pay is better. More hours, more dollars per. I can take a position with overtime if I want when I finish training, which I'll probably do about a month ahead of schedule.

I hate it. I need to get out of retail. I have a civil service exam in November and I can't wait

I also came out, again, in that month so now I'm waiting to talk to my therapist in a couple weeks about me having a case of the trans and calling planned Parenthood to talk to them about informed consent stuff

If you have a clean driving record, a high school diploma, and no physical complaints to speak of it's pretty easy to get in at the Post Office. Union job that starts at $17+ an hour. Just hope you like OT because we're going into the holiday season and it's loving wild.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Zeroisanumber posted:

If you have a clean driving record, a high school diploma, and no physical complaints to speak of it's pretty easy to get in at the Post Office. Union job that starts at $17+ an hour. Just hope you like OT because we're going into the holiday season and it's loving wild.

Yeah there's an opening for a city carrier assistant up now, one of their one year temp to maybe (probably) hire type positions. I was thinking of applying for that in case the civil service thing doesn't work out

Which, it should, it's entry level office assistant and the tests are piss easy and if I don't score so highly I get the first interview I should commit seppuku

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

got any sevens posted:

yay dickeye im glad you've got plans in motion :glomp:

Lol I don't have plans I have barely formed ideas that I coast between because thinking as far ahead as next Tuesday, the payday after next, gives me an anxiety attack

I'm working up the nerve to come out to my partner, I'm trying to pay bill, I'm trying to learn a new job with more responsibility than I've actually had before and an entirely new schedule (I've been getting up for seven am Shifts the last two weeks and I got sick ad gently caress between that and working 60 in my first week), I just got my speeding ticket that I got driving in Virginia on the way to a funeral back and I owe 200 on that and I'm going to help my partner with a hospital bill from this summer that I'm surprised isn't in collections yet once my moneu starts coming in, and I don't know where ot when I'll actually be working in a month so it's hard to plan therapy around it to talk about this, it's been three weeks and it'll be three more before I see her again

I am literally a hair away from a compleye screaming meltdown at any second and this time I'll have someone commit me, I'm not going through that at home again

Literally the only thing keeping me from losing my poo poo rn is I reconnected with an old friend who is also trans recently and she's been really good about helping me work through some of my poo poo and being a sympathetic ear as I realize how deep I was in denial and also playing destiny with her in prep for the new expansion in a week (spooky moon adventures y'all)

BENGHAZI 2 has issued a correction as of 00:25 on Sep 23, 2019

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Zeroisanumber posted:

the dumbest thing i ever did was walk away from a usps job offer. if y'all can do that job, do that job

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I took a job with Canada Post and quit after 1 working day, which was three weeks after I was on call. They don't even give you a uniform until you pass probation, which can take years on mandatory casual, and the older union members hosed over the new guys on pay to keep their benefits.

Delivering/picking up mail to offices and secure apartments without a uniform in drug infested areas sure got some weird looks.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I took a job with Canada Post and quit after 1 working day, which was three weeks after I was on call. They don't even give you a uniform until you pass probation, which can take years on mandatory casual, and the older union members hosed over the new guys on pay to keep their benefits.

this is exactly how rural post carrier is in the U.S., you are guaranteed Saturday and Sunday but the rest of the days you are on call if your primary driver calls out sick/has vacation. it is $18 an hour but you only would 8-24 hours a week.

they also make you drive your own car, have no uniform, etc.

i didnt take it because i didnt want to wake up at 6am everyday to see if i was called in. im still unemployed though.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
i almost never feel emotions to my core, they're only skin deep

even before i started taking sertraline i was like that since around when i was 20.

it's like when i start to feel a little sad my subconscious automatically defends my heart by reminding myself that nothing matters and my adhd makes me think about something else. i dont feel love either, just fleeting crushes because i assume nothing will come of them anyway so i dont invest myself in it

maybe it'll be a little better since i'm transitioning and on estrogen, supposedly that makes you more emotional, and i'll try to maybe wean off the sertraline in the spring after i'm in the groove of transitioning and after the winter gloom

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

got any sevens posted:

i almost never feel emotions to my core, they're only skin deep

this is how i went through most of my life. in the last decade or so its gotten worse; i only experience negative emotions, though only skin deep. or just nothing at all.

gently caress i hope my appointment with a psychiatrist next month ends up more fruitful than the last year+ shotgunning medications, to no effect.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

succ posted:

i didnt take it because i didnt want to wake up at 6am everyday to see if i was called in. im still unemployed though.

Yeah that was the dealbreaker, finding out I had to get up at 5:30am just in case, and then not work until Friday evening. I'm an insomniac with chronic fatigue and have to sleep right until my shift starts to survive 8 hours of work.

Hang in there. I thought I was hosed career-wise a month ago and now I have the best job of my life, with coworkers that I like and good pay. Never had anything close to good before.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I dreamt I was happy and then woke up and realized I wasnt

lol gently caress

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Yeah there's an opening for a city carrier assistant up now, one of their one year temp to maybe (probably) hire type positions. I was thinking of applying for that in case the civil service thing doesn't work out

Which, it should, it's entry level office assistant and the tests are piss easy and if I don't score so highly I get the first interview I should commit seppuku

Being a CCA is essentially contract-to-hire. I've only fired one CCA and that was because the guy just could not manage to learn the job, but we really, really hate to fire them because it costs $4000 to on-board every single one of them.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
Welp, I got rejected from another promising job. Got about two or so months before the holidays, when companies don't hire as much! I probably didn't get hired because I'm an loser who sounds like she has marbles in her mouth!

:suicide:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
have you considered a career as a marble-spitter at a carnival

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
I don't think carnies have the best healthcare, so probably not.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so uh

I had managed being alcohol-free for a bit over a year til I went to a concern last month, whereupon I had 2 drinks in the attached bar while waiting for the venue to open because I'm a loser who shows up before doors open.

And since then I've had no cravings for alcohol, nor drank any.

Thinking of going to a goonmeet which in my city of course means going to some insufferable hipster microbrew artisinal tap room thing. The point is, booze.

idk why I'm even making this post

probably just nurse one cider while chatting with people

feels weird to have this fear of i guess "relapse"? when i never had any issue quitting or staying quit for as long as i wanted

i guess im just worried about making it habitual again?

for reference, i used to go through a handle of rum in a week when i was super deep into my depression and self-medicating and that was not a good time for me and it nearly destroyed my entire life so im spooked about it

idk someone gimme some perspective here am i overworrying about nothing or should i just be a square who orders soda

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
just order soda, its fine. lots of people do now because of dui's or whatever

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

Addamere posted:

so uh

I had managed being alcohol-free for a bit over a year til I went to a concern last month, whereupon I had 2 drinks in the attached bar while waiting for the venue to open because I'm a loser who shows up before doors open.

Thinking of going to a goonmeet which in my city of course means going to some insufferable hipster microbrew artisinal tap room thing. The point is, booze.

feels weird to have this fear of i guess "relapse"? when i never had any issue quitting or staying quit for as long as i wanted

for reference, i used to go through a handle of rum in a week when i was super deep into my depression and self-medicating and that was not a good time for me and it nearly destroyed my entire life so im spooked about it

idk someone gimme some perspective here am i overworrying about nothing or should i just be a square who orders soda

I've never had an alcoholic drink at a bar due to family history and no one has ever, ever commented on it in what must be dozens/hundreds of bar excursions since I turned 21. Order a Coke, tip well since it will be cheap, and carry on.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Addamere posted:

so uh

No. I get you. I was dry for six months and then I had one when Prince died and fell off of the wagon for a good four years. I've been dry since mid-July, and even though I'm not what I would consider an alcoholic I steer clear because I'm sick of hangovers and i want the new meds to work so I stop feeling sad.

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

Having an ankle injury that may not completely heal for like 6 weeks just reminds me of how incredibly hosed Im going to be as I age. When my parents are gone, thats it. Ill have nobody to help me if I somehow end up hurt and unable to completely care for myself. What do you do when life becomes unlivable?

These thoughts preoccupy me for hours every day now.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Went and saw the man from the Work and Health programme, and answered a bunch of questions about myself, including about my mental health issues. The idea is that I get help from them to maybe try to find work within my capabilities, although I will have to wait to hear back from them before I know what else I'm going to get. Anyway, after that I was phoned by my housing association and arranged a meeting with them to discuss how things are going (next Tuesday). Then the electric company phoned up, but I don't know what they wanted, because I said I was too anxious to talk, and put the phone down. I don't know how the DWP think I'm going to handle a job, I'm so frazzled after today that I might need to go back to bed soon. I just needed to say that.

(you will say "get therapy" but I can't even think about talking to another stranger right now)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jollity Farm posted:

Went and saw the man from the Work and Health programme, and answered a bunch of questions about myself, including about my mental health issues. The idea is that I get help from them to maybe try to find work within my capabilities, although I will have to wait to hear back from them before I know what else I'm going to get. Anyway, after that I was phoned by my housing association and arranged a meeting with them to discuss how things are going (next Tuesday). Then the electric company phoned up, but I don't know what they wanted, because I said I was too anxious to talk, and put the phone down. I don't know how the DWP think I'm going to handle a job, I'm so frazzled after today that I might need to go back to bed soon. I just needed to say that.

(you will say "get therapy" but I can't even think about talking to another stranger right now)

You did a good job talking to all of those people. Baby steps.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

:unsmith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zeroisanumber posted:

You did a good job talking to all of those people. Baby steps.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Really starting to consider that, for my own well-being, I can't be responsible for my parents anymore.

Like, maybe I wouldn't be so depressed anymore?

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
I was able to get on Medicaid today because I haven't been employed since May. Hopefully once I get my card I will be able to see a psych/therapist and work towards finding the will to continue living.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

succ posted:

I was able to get on Medicaid today because I haven't been employed since May. Hopefully once I get my card I will be able to see a psych/therapist and work towards finding the will to continue living.

Um. Deffo make that a priority, and I'm glad you were finally able to get something to help out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
nothing changes in my life. I can't seem to exert any power or control over anything, least of all myself. I wish this would just stop.