Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Dragon King Karl’s HoF ballot talk is up. Highlights include not voting for Sgt. Slaughter because of stolen valor, being shocked by the non-induction of the Four Horsemen, an off-hand dismissal of June Byers despite being primarily a historian of that error (“I don’t study women’s wrestling”), and multiple attempts to pronounce Japanese names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

talking up "Bob Orton's kid" who he thinks might have some legs to him.

Good pick, Vince's calves obsession has done Randy well over the years.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Punch McLightning posted:

Dragon King Karl’s HoF ballot talk is up. Highlights include not voting for Sgt. Slaughter because of stolen valor, being shocked by the non-induction of the Four Horsemen, an off-hand dismissal of June Byers despite being primarily a historian of that error (“I don’t study women’s wrestling”), and multiple attempts to pronounce Japanese names.

I haven't listened to his shows in awhile because his kayfabe tournament sounds like a HORRIBLE listen, and hearing him plug his website is kind of depressing. But I'm curious to hear him turn on Sgt Slaughter.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

I haven't listened to his shows in awhile because his kayfabe tournament sounds like a HORRIBLE listen, and hearing him plug his website is kind of depressing. But I'm curious to hear him turn on Sgt Slaughter.

Yeah his kayfabe tournament was awful and I stopped like two episodes in. I mostly just listen to his Dragon King Dark stuff now, but his Hall of Fame show was good.

As Punch notes, outside of him being done with Slaughter, the best part is when he goes on a tangent about how he's certain the Four Horsemen are in the HoF and then finds out in real-time that they're not.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I think I listened to like five minutes of a greatest kayfabe tournament show and noped out.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Davros1 posted:

So it looks like that friend of your dad is starting his own podcast?!!? I didn't think he'd even know what a podcast is.

https://twitter.com/TheArnShow/status/1175109815024140288?s=20

Also, Happy Birthday to your dad's friend.

conrad podcasts are a loving pestilence

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
"I had salmon that night so I didn't cheat on you"

:allears:

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

there is some good stuff in certain conrad podcasts but there is also a lot of stuff like far too much stuff for one normal human lifetime already

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Pritchard is a liar, but sometimes his lies are amusing. Never enjoyed any other Conrad shows.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah his kayfabe tournament was awful and I stopped like two episodes in. I mostly just listen to his Dragon King Dark stuff now, but his Hall of Fame show was good.

As Punch notes, outside of him being done with Slaughter, the best part is when he goes on a tangent about how he's certain the Four Horsemen are in the HoF and then finds out in real-time that they're not.
Was Karl previously pro-Slaughter? If so, why did he decide NOW that the gimmick is/was valor theft? The way Slaughter handled it in mainstream interviews?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I enjoyed a couple of the shows Conrad did with Ric Flair, particularly when they recapped the 1992 Rumble.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

davidbix posted:

Was Karl previously pro-Slaughter? If so, why did he decide NOW that the gimmick is/was valor theft? The way Slaughter handled it in mainstream interviews?

He was strongly pro Slaughter. He’s not concerned about the character, he’s concerned with claims in shoot and mainstream interviews where he claims to have served.

I don’t see anywhere online outside of a couple message board threads that says Slaughter didn’t serve.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I thought the whole genesis of the gimmick was that he did serve?

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Gaz-L posted:

as a waiter. of good food. for clowns to eat. at the circus. idiots.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

TL posted:

I enjoyed a couple of the shows Conrad did with Ric Flair, particularly when they recapped the 1992 Rumble.
The best episode of the Flair/Conrad show is the time he talks about bringing his mistress to Australia. He gave so few fucks that she was in the newspaper with him while he was either married or soon to be married to Beth back home, (probably rightfully) assuming it wasn't like it would get back to her.

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/659434737891721216

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

Drill Sargent at Parris Island during Vietnam, which says a ton.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

coconono posted:

Drill Sargent at Parris Island during Vietnam, which says a ton.
There's a Baltimore Sun article from 1985 with a section on Slaughter, and it's pretty strongly inferred that he didn't serve:

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/28872493/sgt_slaughter_valor_theft_part_1/
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/28872549/sgt_slaughter_valor_theft_part_2/

I really should just pull his records, but the "military records of living people" thing is an element of FOIA that still confuses me.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

i recall my dad being fascinated at the resemblance between s. slaughter and chyna i think he lacked the vocabulary/self knowledge to admit he had the hots for chyna but still: i do not really give a poo poo whether or not slaughter was in the shoot army he was good at the wrestling and that is all i judge him by. the cobra clutch was an a-tier submission

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
if sgt slaughter didnt serve that makes him even better. imagine wanting to stand up for the military

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Slaughter served his time as a trainer of G.I. Joe and that's good enough for me.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

real troops gently caress off
fake troops gently caress off

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

The only troops I respect are our antifa super soldiers

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm just sayin a strapping 20 something during Vietnam didn't get deployed.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Dave went to BOLA and he LOVED IT

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

well uh ya know it was a pretty good show *dead air, shuffling papers*

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

he's probably internally freaking out about how he's going to finish the next newsletter when he spent all weekend in LA

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Every photo of Dave in public is a contender for best Dave photo.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

njsykora posted:

Every photo of Dave in public is a contender for best Dave photo.

The photo of him in his office will never, ever be beaten.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

CascadeBeta posted:

The way he is sitting more than makes up for the fact that he wears normal people clothes in this one.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

loved the casual flex by Dave on WOR about seeing Bandido without his mask

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wish LA Park was my copy editor. Or maybe that's why Dave's newsletter has so many brain seizure sentences.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Low Desert Punk posted:

loved the casual flex by Dave on WOR about seeing Bandido without his mask
did he confirm juice’s claim that bandido is indeed muy guapo?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

CascadeBeta posted:

the story about a Beatles poster mysteriously showing up in there is gold as well

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

coconono posted:

I wish LA Park was my copy editor. Or maybe that's why Dave's newsletter has so many brain seizure sentences.

There'd be a lot more "Chinga tú madre"s

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Great Between The Sheets this week. Heel Mike Tenay is incredible.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Great Between The Sheets this week. Heel Mike Tenay is incredible.
Thank you!

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1176015206734057472

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1176274504550686722

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Buff Bagwell has a podcast and Rip Rogers is on it. If you want to hear a stream of conciousness burst of slurs and swears, Rip's the man.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

coconono posted:

Buff Bagwell has a podcast and Rip Rogers is on it. If you want to hear a stream of conciousness burst of slurs and swears, Rip's the man.

buff bagwell has a podcast? you listen to buff bagwell's podcast?

i am not judging, because now i listen buff bagwell's podcast. Googling it now

buff bagwell's podcast

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Low Desert Punk posted:

buff bagwell has a podcast? you listen to buff bagwell's podcast?

i am not judging, because now i listen buff bagwell's podcast. Googling it now

buff bagwell's podcast

will it be jam packed full of hard right talking points? totally inane? surprisingly insightful? like a million ways this thing could go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

reminder that Buff shot his dad during a family dispute so you're gonna get stuffed.