Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

apokaladle posted:

Street Fight is the only political podcast I can recommend to my normal, not Extremely Online Marxist friends. I feel like I could probably just hang out with them after a show and smoke weed and have a really great time without talking about political theory as such a single time.

Okay but Citations Needed. (Its really good)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellyscribe
Jan 14, 2008
See how yond justice rails upon yond simple thief. Hark in thine ear: change places and, handy-dandy, which is the justice, which is the thief?

Taintrunner posted:

Okay but Citations Needed. (Its really good)

Yeah that's a good one and extremely approachable.

foonykins
Jun 15, 2010

stop with the small talk

I wish the call in shows werent at such a miserable time, the podcast a couple weeks ago about Home Depot makes me want to call in with a bunch of miserable poo poo from my time there.

Maybe Ill leave a voicemail but they only ever checked those once when the phones werent working.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
https://twitter.com/MurderBryan/status/1019316458403389444

he'll yes

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Holy poo poo I had to turn off the episode with Brace Belden because the story about the talent show winner was so loving nasty I started dry heaving while walking down the street.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Thanks for reminding me I've had that one downloaded for a couple days. It feels like an appropriate thing to listen to while I've been called in to work on a holiday even though there's not really anything to do

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Let me know how you feel after about 38 minutes in.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

its a great story, brace is their best guest

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
"Alfredo sauce, which to me is the worst part of this."

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

I've seen the video of the Russian soldier being beheaded in Chechnya and seeing that did not gently caress me up as much as that talent show story did.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

https://twitter.com/MurderBryan/status/1047663883857657857

So Bryan's cousin, who also is a producer on the show got arrested for posting. He''s being charged with a felony for posting.

If you got a few bucks help the guy out. I pitched in 20bux

https://www.fundedjustice.com/JusticeForJacob?ref=ab_07aUFa_ab_7B9qlGlt5HW7B9qlGlt5HW

what the guy posted that caught him a felony:

Not the best thing to post, but dragging a dude through the courts over it bullshit, especially when the dude can't really afford a lawyer.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
it's been reduced to a misdo but still hosed up

the latest brace third show is great

"I'm actually pointing a gun at my monitor right now, I found it in my garage" *gun noises directly into the mic*

Serf
May 5, 2011

lmao brett and bryan on girls chat. they're too earnest for this level of irony

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Laughing at Bryan getting robbed while taking a piss.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Having seen them at Che Cafe with Minion Death Cult tonight - excellent live show and the guys have a great energy on stage.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Will I get probated if I resurrect this thread? I seem to be having trouble finding the new SFR thread (if there is one)

NOTE: This Something Awful forums user (previously known as "The Blackest Goon") is a Person of Color who chose the current iteration of his username ironically after years of having his remaining brain cells all but fried after monitoring the rise of online reactionary ideologies for a decade.

if this sounds like a flimsy excuse, you are wrong

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 3, 2020

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I don't think there is a new thread.

All six people here just stopped posting in this thread.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
thread is hidden in this subforum so that makes sense

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Race Realists posted:

Will I get probated if I resurrect this thread? I seem to be having trouble finding the new SFR thread (if there is one)

I like Street Fight Radio and it's the only podcast I'll recommend non-internet people listen to if they are curious about leftist stuff because it's all relatable "bosses suck" content basically. Thank you.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress it, if you're going to resurrect the Street Fight thread, here's Brett on my podcast last week: https://soundcloud.com/rockhardcaucus/36-ohiowalliance-with-brett-payne-7282020

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

the street fight guys have excellent dumb guy energy which I really respond to. (For some reason lmao)

thoughts and prayers for Bryan's car

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

So what happened to Bryan's Twitter account?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

sounds like his account got hacked but hes back as https://twitter.com/murderxbryan

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
checkin' in to say this is a good rear end podcast, it is my meat and potatoes podcast due to the amazing amount of content they put out and I have been listening to them since slightly before chapo so i feel special. street fight is the greatest. the call in shows are great, even the kushwaffles calls.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Kushwaffles owns, hope dude's ok it's been several weeks.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I furiously mash the 30 second skip forward button and it still takes me 5 minutes to get through a Kushwaffles call.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Bryan just can't stop flubbing

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Man the Street Fight D&D stream is not very good.

I hope they're at least having fun. :unsmith:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Previa_fun posted:

Man the Street Fight D&D stream is not very good.

I hope they're at least having fun. :unsmith:

Like they suck at 5e or the story sucks or they're just bad at improv?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Like they suck at 5e or the story sucks or they're just bad at improv?

Mostly just bad at improv IMO. It seems like Bryan is self conscious about playing D&D and is steamrolling the group and sucking a lot of air out of the room. He seems to butt in any time anyone else talks or does something. Their DM doesn't come off as especially confident either.

Brett is the best out of the four and I think if he told Bryan to chill a bit behind the scenes the campaign could improve.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I haven't bothered listening to it because it seemed like it would be bad. I am however enjoying the Get Motivated series and can't wait for the Suze Orman episode to drop.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The Trump bumper sticker on the headboard is the worst thing I've ever heard.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I still listen to this podcast and even subscribe to the Patreon. Hedo Bryan Unleashed alone was worth the price, and I've really enjoyed Shocktober as well.

Anyway that's all. Kushwaffles still hasn't called in again.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I listen at least once a week. This thread is dead but the show is still going strong.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Yeah, the MCU stuff was pretty good as well. Im mostly glad for that series because otherwse I might have been tempted to re-watch some of those movies.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The Greaseman episode is the worst thing I have ever heard.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

hobble da gee bobble da gee stinky stinky tuna fish

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Greaseman has been the peak of Shocktober. Some of the worst radio I've ever heard. Only Imus has come anywhere close.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I still got that drat tuna fish song stuck in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Still listening (and reading this thread), to me it's just a show that produces very little Discourse -- which is absolutely to its credit.