Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
the you could have blinked was the best part tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
seems like blink only came off cd for a second before the auto attack/spirit vessel disabled it

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

maliken the developer wouldn't be caught near the darkness

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

emerald warden and deadwood were absolute bullshit

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Despite every sense of self preservation I am getting back into DotA. The ban waves are reassuring.

I thought I didn't have a problem that year I started playing way back and noticed I had 1K hours in 10 months.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

pm me to be in an unironic hon stack assuming 5 other players play that game

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Smythe posted:

"wraith king" is vastly inferior to leoric "leo" the skeleton king

I find it amusing that leoric in hots has a line something like "Skeleton King, not King of Skeletons. A subtle, but important, distinction."

Since Wraith King is, in fact, a king of skeletons. :v:

Wangsbig posted:

aren't the servers for that gone?

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

aren't the servers for that gone?

allegedly not

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

unless you made kingraven abandon when you snipe him and moonmeander i dont want 2 play w. anyone in hon

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

HoN axe is so much more fun to play it's not even funny. at least modern pudge is completely the same as hon devourer

Legionarie kicked even more rear end in Savage 2. S2 games universe ftw

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Wangsbig posted:

I shall play Electrician :troll:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Smythe posted:

Legionarie kicked even more rear end in Savage 2. S2 games universe ftw

then whyd savage resurrection die pal

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Kild posted:

unless you made kingraven abandon when you snipe him and moonmeander i dont want 2 play w. anyone in hon

Hail to the king baby :dukedoge:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Kild posted:

then whyd savage resurrection die pal

I really tried to like that game lol. Man it sucked balls

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

ive been playing this game again with classic stack members. my conduct rating is like 1400. all our opponents call me the n word. every game all we talk about is hon and say lines hon heroes say. why'd that guy have to walk too close to the darkness

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

JollyPubJerk posted:

As an offlaner, I have to farm behavior score because low behavior 'support' retards still roam constantly and not only gently caress their offlane by abandoning them but then go gently caress the mid lane or something too. The lower skill despite their mmr, but higher behavior score players are at least spergy enough to support the offlane and win the lane. It's quite impossible to play offlane with low behavior right now and I find it hilarious. The old meta it was the perfect position to be since offlane heroes were so strong despite everything being against them. Nowadays, one 2k MMR support in a 6k MMR game sticking around in the safelane is often the difference between being able to dominate the lane or not even getting to level 4 in 10 minutes.

But don't ask your support to stay in the offlane, that'll earn you a report and give you more roaming BH retards =)

everyone who says they're going to roam inevitably ends up being a mirana who sits in the woods near safelane or mid and throws arrows which never hit anyone, and reaches level 5 at 25 minutes, or something similar

the best strategy for dealing with them is to attempt to go through the 5 stages of grief for your mmr in the 30 minutes it takes the other team to kill you so that by the time your ancient explodes you have already accepted death

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I been playing StarCraft 2 (epic game) but if some gents want to frag... Lmk

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

JollyPubJerk posted:

As an offlaner, I have to farm behavior score because low behavior 'support' retards still roam constantly and not only gently caress their offlane by abandoning them but then go gently caress the mid lane or something too. The lower skill despite their mmr, but higher behavior score players are at least spergy enough to support the offlane and win the lane. It's quite impossible to play offlane with low behavior right now and I find it hilarious. The old meta it was the perfect position to be since offlane heroes were so strong despite everything being against them. Nowadays, one 2k MMR support in a 6k MMR game sticking around in the safelane is often the difference between being able to dominate the lane or not even getting to level 4 in 10 minutes.

But don't ask your support to stay in the offlane, that'll earn you a report and give you more roaming BH retards =)

i've also noticed the trend of supports leaving the offlane to roam, and of course they accomplish nothing 90% of the time. it happens when we're stomping too, it's like "welp i guess we are omega winning this lane but it's time to go say hi to mid for no reason". i usually tell people to stay if i feel like i really need the help but otherwise i let them do it just because i know talking to these people is usually pointless

but if i'm really upset, the thing i like to do is start roaming with them when they leave. i don't really do this with any other players except pudge pickers because i know they're going to stand in the trees exactly long enough to leech level 2 and then leave, and it's gotten so loving annoying that i'm about ready to give up on the game if they do it despite me telling them not to do it. basically i run around the map with them and try to convince my team that i'm just helping him roam.

anyway i don't know about having to farm behavior score though, i'm at 9.7k behavior score right now. the trick is to not flame your team

Wangsbig posted:

ive been playing this game again with classic stack members. my conduct rating is like 1400. all our opponents call me the n word. every game all we talk about is hon and say lines hon heroes say. why'd that guy have to walk too close to the darkness

i'd still really like to play hon again but it's just such a disaster of a game. i wish s2 had made hon 2 instead of loving strife lmfao

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Sep 24, 2019

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I played hon once, because my friend was writing an article about the new player experience in mobas. I picked the tree hero because everyone knows all you have to do as a tree hero is walk around and press buttons when people tell you. the 4 Brazilians on my team were initially concerned, but then walked me through how to play the tree hero in a very friendly way and we crushed the other team. that's my hon story

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Vando posted:

I played hon once, because my friend was writing an article about the new player experience in mobas. I picked the tree hero because everyone knows all you have to do as a tree hero is walk around and press buttons when people tell you. the 4 Brazilians on my team were initially concerned, but then walked me through how to play the tree hero in a very friendly way and we crushed the other team. that's my hon story

im glad you enjoyed deadwood

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
e: actually i'll just post this instead

good ol maliken

Kild posted:

maliken the developer wouldn't be caught near the darkness

lol

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Sep 24, 2019

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I met a programmer from S2 a while ago. He said the racism in person wasn't as overt at these famous chat logs, but Maliken made at least one observation about Oakland, CA that made him just hope he'd stop there and change subjects.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Maliken stomping around the office every Monday morning announcing that he is white to everyone

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So apparently you can see exactly which games you got reported and for what with the following:

https://illuminate.dotasphere.com/

About 80% of the reports I get come from games with a BH or POTM support while I was against some trilane and I was behind for all midgame as a result. I even get reported in Turbo games for communication abuse despite never saying a word and winning the game. Kinda funny to see everything come together.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
If this is accurate I almost never get commended, reported, or blocked. I just exist yet don't exist.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Andrigaar posted:

If this is accurate I almost never get commended, reported, or blocked. I just exist yet don't exist.

Either you have to whore for commends or you need to proactively commend teammates if you expect to get much movement. I usually have something for every single game, commends and reports simultaneously lol

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I'm perfectly content with my outcome already.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

as I've said I have a conduct rating of like 1400. i get reported for com abuse incredibly frequently apparently. i have voice chat off. here is the entirety of my word cloud.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

comm abuse is 9/10 times the enemy team salty about losing

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Kild posted:

comm abuse is 9/10 times the enemy team salty about losing

it's as i apparently always say: "if you cant handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. cold time."

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

SEA pubs hate beastmaster pos4

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lady Galaga posted:

SEA pubs hate beastmaster pos4

I get reported in every game with a support BH and Potm... usually for feeding as I end up stuck against a trilane and get 0 farm, then the whole team blames me for the loss. Lovely system

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Andrigaar posted:

JollyPubJerk posted:

Either you have to whore for commends or you need to proactively commend teammates if you expect to get much movement. I usually have something for every single game, commends and reports simultaneously lol

i get commended in like half my games. my conduct summary has like 15 commends usually, sometimes more than that. the trick is to be quiet most of the time and focus on killing enemy heroes so that your team look "wow my offlane has a lot of kd". i also tell them to relax and not flame each other

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Minorkos posted:

i get commended in like half my games. my conduct summary has like 15 commends usually, sometimes more than that. the trick is to be quiet most of the time and focus on killing enemy heroes so that your team look "wow my offlane has a lot of kd". i also tell them to relax and not flame each other

averaging 33, but the 3 stack reports from the bh/potm and friends every handful of games negates literally all of that

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Probably the #1 tip for gaming your behavior score is just learning not to stand out from your teammates. Maybe someone will get reported after the game but it won't be you.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Pretty sure reports from parties dont stack so you're probably a huge shithead

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
protip: don't play potm if you can't hit arrows, you will get reported a lot less.

Terminal autist posted:

Pretty sure reports from parties dont stack so you're probably a huge shithead

jpj is definitely a huge shithead.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

almost all my reports are from turbo games, and I don't play turbo very much at all

wonder what it is about turbo that makes people mad at me

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Ambivalent posted:

almost all my reports are from turbo games, and I don't play turbo very much at all

wonder what it is about turbo that makes people mad at me

i'm guessing you're picking heroes that are cheesy in turbo

or idk maybe people on turbo are just dickheads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Minorkos posted:

people are dickheads