Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

MokBa posted:

Leaving the cart in the parking space is literally the most evil of all of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Okay so I looked this up

"The Supreme Court has ruled that Boris Johnson’s prorogation of parliament is “unlawful, void and of no effect,” as it was done with the express purpose of frustrating the constitutional role of parliament. In a worse defeat than expected for the government, all 11 judges agreed with the verdict – in contrast to Theresa May’s defeat over Article 50, where three of the 11 ruled that Article 50 did not need to be put to a vote."

There is only one supreme court.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Okay so I looked this up

"The Supreme Court has ruled that Boris Johnson’s prorogation of parliament is “unlawful, void and of no effect,” as it was done with the express purpose of frustrating the constitutional role of parliament. In a worse defeat than expected for the government, all 11 judges agreed with the verdict – in contrast to Theresa May’s defeat over Article 50, where three of the 11 ruled that Article 50 did not need to be put to a vote."

There is only one supreme court.

I don't know how much it matters anymore but this might be made much worse by the fact that the PM didn't prorogue parliament as he has no power to do so, the crown did. So the PM (according to the court) advised the queen to do an illegal thing.

ShadowSpectre
Oct 6, 2016

Jerry Cotton posted:

So the PM (according to the court) advised the queen to do an illegal thing.

No, unlawful and illegal are different things and the ruling is very specific. Illegal means against a law that's prohibited it, unlawful means there's no law against it specifically but still dodgy.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
No, you're thinking of a sick bird.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Elviscat posted:

Plastic shopping carts can be easily lit on fire by taking the child belt and threading it through the honeycomb structure, then frazzling the end and lighting it, this also acts as a fuse of sorts, so you can abscond to the top of a nearby carpark and watch the fire department and cops respond while drinking ill-gotten Steel Reserves.

I was a pretty lovely teenager.

Epic

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

preventing car use is a net positive

It doesn't prevent poo poo! It prolongs car use! They have to drive the car longer to find another space.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

"I lost the game?"

I don't get it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Jamesman posted:

"I lost the game?"

I don't get it.

is there a pyf self-owns thread

e: besides my post history

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

lol yes

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

DicktheCat posted:

Put your carts where they belong, you loving animals. If a retail drone snaps and tears your throat out with his teeth, I will cackle as you bleed out. And by some retail drone, I mean me, it's me. I will tear your throat out with my teeth and laugh as your blood slides down my face.

I don't know why every store hasn't adopted ALDI's quarter return system. Even in crappier areas by me the carts are always returned because people want that quarter back.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

If rocketing shopping carts into the cart return as fast as possible is evil then I don’t want to be good.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I return the carts to their place for a number of reasons. One, it’s their designated place and this keeps a system or order. 2, it prevents unintentional damage from errant carts hitting someone’s vehicle. 3, it makes underpaid overworked employees jobs and lives easier. 4, all of this combined gives me a feeling of self satisfaction that I enjoy.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
More like old experienceless

oldpainless posted:

3, it makes underpaid overworked employees jobs and lives easier.

Many, many moons ago my first job was cart monkey/ bagger. Going out to collect carts from far-flung areas was the most peaceful, relaxing part of my job. Putting them all in one place doesn't make anything easier, it just makes you have to move on to some other lovely task all the sooner.

UNLESS it is pouring down rain/ sleet/ snow in which case it may be a blessing.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
As long as customers didn't shove the carts up into the bushes on the islands I didn't care because that poo poo did take more effort to deal with.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Many, many moons ago my first job was cart monkey/ bagger. Going out to collect carts from far-flung areas was the most peaceful, relaxing part of my job. Putting them all in one place doesn't make anything easier, it just makes you have to move on to some other lovely task all the sooner.
A grocery chain I went to used to have their baggers ask customers if they want help out to the car. I used to politely decline until my friend that worked there told me it was a good excuse to get outside. Since then I have always accepted the offer for help, but carried everything myself.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CopperHound posted:

A grocery chain I went to used to have their baggers ask customers if they want help out to the car. I used to politely decline until my friend that worked there told me it was a good excuse to get outside. Since then I have always accepted the offer for help, but carried everything myself.

My poo poo is already in the cart, but I'll let them help unload while we have a cig and bullshit.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

The Bloop posted:

More like old experienceless

UNLESS it is pouring down rain/ sleet/ snow in which case it may be a blessing.

I live in a place where it’s 96 degrees 80% of the 12 months of the year and asked a kid sweating gallons rounding up the carts how he was doing and he responded “I’m dying in this loving heat” so that’s why I put them back because I don’t want anyone to die of heat stroke.

I felt bad because I had to report him for using inappropriate language around a customer and I’m pretty sure he got fired but at least he’s out of the heat. Silver lining and all that

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
gently caress you

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

gently caress you

I’m sorry but was this directed at me?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

oldpainless posted:

I live in a place where it’s 96 degrees 80% of the 12 months of the year and asked a kid sweating gallons rounding up the carts how he was doing and he responded “I’m dying in this loving heat” so that’s why I put them back because I don’t want anyone to die of heat stroke.

I felt bad because I had to report him for using inappropriate language around a customer and I’m pretty sure he got fired but at least he’s out of the heat. Silver lining and all that

Also he learned a valuable lesson about respect

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
He was only working for the (sun) exposure anyway

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

gently caress you

If this was directed at me, rest assured I would have reported you if you were still a mod.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I park next to the cart corral instead of trying to park close to the door so I don't have to push the cart far after unloading it. But sometimes I pretend the cart corral is your mom and ram it in at high velocity

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

oldpainless posted:

More like old-bait-ful

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FuturePastNow posted:

I park next to the cart corral instead of trying to park close to the door so I don't have to push the cart far after unloading it. But sometimes I pretend the cart corral is your mom and ram it in at high velocity

I park in a big bed with my wife?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

oldpainless posted:

If this was directed at me, rest assured I would have reported you if you were still a mod.

More like oldminutestshredofhumandecencyless

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

oldpainless posted:

This is either bait, or you're a shithead. But you're being a shithead for putting out this lovely bait.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Can't believe that old painless is either a fascist or a jokeman, but idk which is worst.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

oldpainless posted:

more like youngjobless

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

i didn't even know there were different qualities of boil, I figured if it was boiling that was that, tmyk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EB13m5Ng9c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnwXieiXvYQ