Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Countblanc posted:

the music is really good! hopefully whatever the team does next is actually greater than the sum of its parts, rather than much less.

They're just doing mobile games now after complaints that their game sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
harsh, but fair

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

RandomFerret posted:

I like so many things about Octopath. The music, the visual style, you ever see the collector's edition? It comes with a pop-up book full of dioramas! I love it!

I just wish I liked the game itself

Would have been cool if my CE wouldn't have come with a diorama book that was all screwed up :(

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

whaley posted:

saying anything slaps should be illegal

The farm's that way grandpa

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

No, no, let's hear him out...

I'll second that law.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Disobeying laws slaps hard

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
You can't post about slapability!

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Metal Gear HD collection for switch when?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Meridian posted:

Seriously. I’d pay a full $60 for everything together.

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

I did it! I finally finished all 120 Breath of the Wild shrines! Now to complete my fourth Divine Beast, finish all the sidequests, get the rest of the memories, do the DLC, and kill Ganon.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cartoon Violence posted:

I did it! I finally finished all 120 Breath of the Wild shrines! Now to complete my fourth Divine Beast, finish all the sidequests, get the rest of the memories, do the DLC, and kill Ganon.

Good job. Have fun, the dlc quests are really good.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Cartoon Violence posted:

It's loving sick to put on the full Link gear, Master Sword and Hylian shield and storm the castle.

I would even say...it slaps

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/usato21/status/1174760188005380096

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Like the Anti-Kirby in his hair.

What I don’t like is how they they cry in the remake when you kill them.:smith:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

SeANMcBAY posted:

Good job. Have fun, the dlc quests are really good.

The moment in the Champions Ballad DLC when the monk-mummy starts moving and you realize he's the final boss is unbelievably loving hype.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Tae posted:

Wasn't that the Bravely Default team? I thought they hinted at working on a new one.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Brother Entropy posted:

outside of some little skits that are a pain to actually see no, the characters never really interact with each other
it's a pain to see all of the skits, but it's not like it's hard to press the button once they show up.

as for the original question - yeah, they show up once you start doing chapter 2's and beyond. They are just little skits and not heavy character interaction though, and the stories themselves are pretty much self-contained.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

New metal gear dlc just came in

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

HONK HONK

Source

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

finished goose game and it rules but it’s extremely short. Two sittings and you’re at credits. The postgame stuff looks like it’s not particularly expansive either.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've gotten about 3-4 hours of of Goose Game so far and I'd say I'm only about a little over halfway through, but I'm also really enjoying the little details and am pretty methodological about playing around with the interactions. I'm really enjoying it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Tae posted:

Pretty sure a proper Octopath sequel's been confirmed, though it'll probably be another year or so before we actually see anything on it.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

American McGay posted:

I've gotten about 3-4 hours of of Goose Game so far and I'd say I'm only about a little over halfway through, but I'm also really enjoying the little details and am pretty methodological about playing around with the interactions. I'm really enjoying it.

It’s great fun but I was done in like 3. I thought I was at halfway and it was the end.

It’s not bad value overall I just feel it’s about 20% too short.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I can't believe Jedi outcast is only €9. Talk about impulse purchase range. :shepspends:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RandomFerret posted:

I like so many things about Octopath. The music, the visual style, you ever see the collector's edition? It comes with a pop-up book full of dioramas! I love it!

I just wish I liked the game itself

I have the collector's edition too and can confirm it's pretty sweet.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tae posted:

Then why the gently caress is Tokyo RPG Factory still making console games

Barudak
May 7, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Then why the gently caress is Tokyo RPG Factory still making console games

The expensive part was the upfront cost building the factory, now they can make RPGs for a few yen per title.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i have enough switch games to fill a 500gb sd card and octopath is the only one i wish i could refund

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mad Wack posted:

i have enough switch games to fill a 500gb sd card and octopath is the only one i wish i could refund

same except Bloodstained

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Meridian posted:

Unf. I'd be all over this. I had it for 360 right before I kind of stopped playing my 360. I had replayed 2 and 3, but not all the way, and I had just started on Peace Walker. I've been a fool and didn't realize how incredible it was at the time.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Sign me up for MGS. It won't happen though.

So I've been playing Katamari in the evening. It's very good but I have issues with the controls. I've forgotten how to do the dash and it's not super intuitive. I'm only on the 5th or 6th make a star, but why do I feel like it's ending soon? Also is it just me or does it feel like there's not a lot of level variation?

Doesn't matter because holy moly is the music good. I think it's the first video game soundtrack with vocals I'm 100% ok listening to.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

So I've been playing Katamari in the evening. It's very good but I have issues with the controls. I've forgotten how to do the dash and it's not super intuitive.

You kind of wiggle both sticks in alternate up and down directions, it doesn't feel brilliant to me though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Sign me up for MGS. It won't happen though.

So I've been playing Katamari in the evening. It's very good but I have issues with the controls. I've forgotten how to do the dash and it's not super intuitive. I'm only on the 5th or 6th make a star, but why do I feel like it's ending soon? Also is it just me or does it feel like there's not a lot of level variation?

Doesn't matter because holy moly is the music good. I think it's the first video game soundtrack with vocals I'm 100% ok listening to.

Much like the other aspects of it, I always found We <3 Katamari's soundtrack was better. Of course, I don't mean that to say that the first's was bad, because it was still amazing.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

katamari isn't a particularly long or content filled game, if i remember right the original ps2 release was only 20 or 30 bucks at launch

it's kind of surprising in retrospect it took off as well as it did in an era before digital storefronts made smaller budget titles easier to get in front of people

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Brother Entropy posted:

katamari isn't a particularly long or content filled game, if i remember right the original ps2 release was only 20 or 30 bucks at launch

it's kind of surprising in retrospect it took off as well as it did in an era before digital storefronts made smaller budget titles easier to get in front of people

It had a lot of buzz from places like 1up/joystiq/kotaku. Any that was kind of the era of weird games finding their audiences, like Rez and Gitaroo Man and Car Battler Joe... it was better because the weird stuff almost had to be awesome since there was an investment in making the stuff physical rather than uploading it and praying.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Brother Entropy posted:

If you decide to try to go for high satisfaction and comets ( quickly reaching goal) it can help add some content to the game if you're enjoying it! That's what I do when I replay Katamari periodically. I can't recall if I managed it this time but I was trying to get exactly 90M for the North Star roll up and that's very challenging if you're into it. I think the only level I refused to go for top ranking on is the Cow, Bear and Cowbear levels cause screw them in particular.

We <3 Katamari is fun cause the goals vary a bit too. I think my favorite is the Sumo wrestler stages.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

zenintrude posted:

It had a lot of buzz from places like 1up/joystiq/kotaku. Any that was kind of the era of weird games finding their audiences, like Rez and Gitaroo Man and Car Battler Joe... it was better because the weird stuff almost had to be awesome since there was an investment in making the stuff physical rather than uploading it and praying.

I'd dearly love to see a remaster of fuckin' Gitaroo Man :allears:.

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'd dearly love to see a remaster of fuckin' Gitaroo Man :allears:.

It's the only PS2 game I've made a point to hang onto all these years

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tesh posted:

It's the only PS2 game I've made a point to hang onto all these years

mojo Mojo MOJO

KING

BEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I eventually got the PSP version of Gitarooman, that game is so hot.

"OOOOOOOH! GitaROOmannnnnn!"