Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've had some selective trouble getting into the Danger Room but I basically seem to have no problem late at night/early morning and a ton of trouble during the day. Which works for me because I do most of my playing before I go to bed and when I wake up.

I do however continue to be utterly terrible at it and king of Most Deaths. I think I'm gonna start just picking Black Panther and focusing on creating whirlwinds. Find some way to help my team that isn't "Ok, I'm revived so I'll hit you hard and... HOW THE gently caress AM I ALREADY DEAD AGAIN?!?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Iron Man's shield also does regen but you'll need two good attackers to make the match quick.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Is Kid Omega any good?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Dave posted:

Iron Man's shield also does regen but you'll need two good attackers to make the match quick.

Or at least a Luna who actually digs in and attacks. Like I've stopped even bothering to get capsules unless they're super close.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I don't bother with the DR attacks because its such a pain to get the capsules and Luna/Marvel need a lot of them. But I'm having no luck doing damage with Luna or Marvel (or staying alive) so I'm considering a strategy of picking Panther and just ignoring Jean and focusing on the capsules since his DR attack is the "cheapest". Maybe I'd be of more value to the team that way.

I really don't know why I suck at it so much. I try and avoid attacks and do damage but I just keep dying like crazy and half the time I don't even know why.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Thor's a good one for survivability and running around supporting. I heard panther was pretty squishy.

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Is Kid Omega any good?

I haven't built him or Rachel yet but I keep seeing they are around Psylocke power levels, before she got her uniform maybe. So pretty solid but nothing meta busting yet.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Doctor Goons has a bunch of spots open in case there are any new people or anyone's just looking for an alliance.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

bagrada posted:

I haven't built him or Rachel yet but I keep seeing they are around Psylocke power levels, before she got her uniform maybe. So pretty solid but nothing meta busting yet.

Hm ok then

Game is having a normal one for me

Heroic quest: get 2 coop missions in WBI

First try: someone totally hosed up and brought 3 Blasts which failed it

Second try: DC'd as we killed the boss

I am just so tired already

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Adult Sword Owner posted:

First try: someone totally hosed up and brought 3 Blasts which failed it

A lot of people will just feed characters through for bios without paying attention to the quest. One of the buttons on the middle right will show quest progress. If it's failed already while loading in I just force close the program and restart. This was especially helpful when my roster was low enough that I'd only have a couple of attempts.
I
But yeah I've had those days, hope you have better luck.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I don't bother with the DR attacks because its such a pain to get the capsules and Luna/Marvel need a lot of them. But I'm having no luck doing damage with Luna or Marvel (or staying alive) so I'm considering a strategy of picking Panther and just ignoring Jean and focusing on the capsules since his DR attack is the "cheapest". Maybe I'd be of more value to the team that way.

Out of curiosity, are your Luna and Marvel both leveled?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dawgstar posted:

Out of curiosity, are your Luna and Marvel both leveled?

My Luna, Marvel, Thor, Iron Man, and Panther are all T3. I don't have Namor but I haven't even tried with him.

I just suck. But I was playing last night and starting to figure out the attack patterns a little better. I actually played a couple of fights only dying once or twice and losing my "Most Deaths" dominance. So I think I'm gradually getting the hang of it.

But I also routinely score lower than my entire alliance in the World Events so I've concluded I'm actually just bad at the game when things are even.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

My Luna, Marvel, Thor, Iron Man, and Panther are all T3. I don't have Namor but I haven't even tried with him.

I just suck.

same. i try to grab namor (previously thor but everyone says namor is better) and then just grab all the things and shoot missiles. if i can't see a thing to grab i fire off his 5 or his t3. also frees me up to focus on dodging all the poo poo.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Those missiles aren't really doing anything and you're wasting time from just using your attacks to take HP off of Jean and you're also stealing crystals from whoever is trying to run support on your team.

Basically Luna and Namor just attack hard trying to build up T3 skills to run. Then you have either Thor (ideally) or Iron Man playing support. Thor's exclusive skill completely changes the landscape of the match if you get someone that is trying to shoot it off as much as possible and you let them.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Namor's missiles do a ton of damage and Iron Man is probably the worst choice for a support role.

Luna and Iron Man attacking with Namor's missiles is faster than Thor can counter. Especially since Thor's movement speed for collecting is so slow compared to Namor.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Honestly didn’t pay a ton of attention to the missiles just noticed his T3 doing a nice chunk of damage.

I also wasn’t getting great damage from Tony when I used him but I don’t know him well. I still find that Thor assist to be killer, it adds a big chunk back on to the other team.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Carol's ability is obnoxious but I'm not sure where it fits in.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Dave posted:

Honestly didn’t pay a ton of attention to the missiles just noticed his T3 doing a nice chunk of damage.

yeah its bizarre but the best use of him seems to be firing missiles. i assume costs are gonna be rebalanced.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'd be more impressed by people getting excited over Captain Marvel being banned from Platinum if they also banned Thanos and Jean at the same time. Make people work for a living.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
A big part of DR is the gear (mainly CTP) the character has. I’m assuming it copies the World Event system where the character you can select is a copy of the #1 ranked player’s character.

So this DR season, Luna and Iron Man have CTP of Rage, since the #1 Luna and IM do, which by itself sets them apart as the best potential damage dealers for DR. Whereas every other #1 ranked character for DR just has a Destruction equipped.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Anyone get anything good from the danger room weekly reward? I got unranked going 2-2, didn't play it much last week. Got a box with 25 kid omega xgenes which leaves me 5 short of 4* with the quest shop closing.

New danger room lineup seems to be easier. I got the Rachel package and played until I T2ed her which was about 8 or 9 games. Magneto goes untargetable a lot so I think Sharon is a trap unless you are really good with her and observant. I got top damage 3x with Mr Fantastic since I have him at T3 and have experience playing him. Dr Strange and Namor do pretty good damage too but the oddball one is Cyclops who can do the most damage and won out in a couple I played. Ant Man seems to be the good support char this time, running around grabbing the pickups since his missiles DR ability does great damage. Namor still covers over all the danger zones with his water. That's the other reason I like Mr F, he stays invincible through a lot of magneto's stuff and his #5 ends with him popping up over the water/crowd in bouncy ball form letting me know when to hit the next attack.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

I got some Storm bios, I don't remember how many. I tried to play DR yesterday, but it just hung every time I tried so I gave up.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
That's odd about Mr. Fantastic since Strange and Cyclops are the ones that have the Rage CTP this time. Every time I've run it, one of those two have been top except one oddball Sharon that hit the 6 perfectly each time.

I'm not convinced that support is even a good idea this time as opposed to Strange, Cyclops and either Sharon or Fantastic just dealing damage and ignoring the items. Magneto seems to go down pretty fast with just everyone attacking.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I can’t wait to live in a world where I don’t feel like I need to play DR.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I feel that way about Galactus GBR.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I got 50 Angel x-genes, which like, isn't bad but also isn't worth being excited about. Still its enough that I won't use tickets on Kid Omega and just hope I can gradually get him done through there.

I played a couple of times as Reed and never died but didn't max out damage either. I think Reed just does a ton of damage in general with his 6 and he's got some buff that makes him less vulnerable to damage. But I'll take Cyclops and Stranger for a spin tonight. I'm just content not being king of the Most Deaths, even though the fights I had were so fast there were no deaths. But still technically counts.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah Cyclops is a monster this week. Go on the reddit when it changes and they sniff out who to use pretty quickly, though so far it's coming down to whoever has the CTP of rage.

I will continue to play for the hard to get X bios, but woof. I dropped Galactus the second I got Surfer. I wish netmarble understood how painful it is to play with pubs, or maybe we're just asking for too much. Part of the model is not being able to easily get everything in the game.

I have enough materials to T3 someone else but with Jean, Carol, Sharon, DP, Thor, Thanos, and Cap I think I'm just going to hold onto them for the next update.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Future Fight YouTube folks are a hoot. Do you want to find somebody saying Rachel is terrible? They've got you covered! Want somebody to say she's the second coming of her mom? Got that, too!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Jesus Christ danger room. Connect. Waiting to choose my character... I accidentally hit the sleep button, I immediately unlock my phone and in one second I’m kicked from the room and put in a 5 minute penalty box.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Dave posted:

Jesus Christ danger room. Connect. Waiting to choose my character... I accidentally hit the sleep button, I immediately unlock my phone and in one second I’m kicked from the room and put in a 5 minute penalty box.

its a spectacularly unfriendly game mode

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Does Wave suck forever because zero healing while not being able to untargettable is uh, not good

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've only really used her at random in Shadowland but she's kicked rear end for me each time. I haven't tried her in WBU or Timeline or anything though. I think she's got a big Ally buff buy I'm in one of my lazy Level 1 phases with WBU.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just realized you can automate the co-op stuff. People mentioned that's the best way to make money, but I still wasn't doing it much because it was a pain in the rear end where people would constantly drop out, but then I realized you can set it to automatically repeat until you've gotten all the rewards. Now it's an easy source of like ~1.5M a day where I can just let it run during work or whatever.

Is there any way to get characters like Gambit (or other people without levels where you can grind biometrics/x-genes) fully mastered/ascended without either mastery/tier-up tickets or the daily biometrics/x-genes packages?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Ytlaya posted:

I just realized you can automate the co-op stuff. People mentioned that's the best way to make money, but I still wasn't doing it much because it was a pain in the rear end where people would constantly drop out, but then I realized you can set it to automatically repeat until you've gotten all the rewards. Now it's an easy source of like ~1.5M a day where I can just let it run during work or whatever.

Is there any way to get characters like Gambit (or other people without levels where you can grind biometrics/x-genes) fully mastered/ascended without either mastery/tier-up tickets or the daily biometrics/x-genes packages?

I think you have to achieve a certain level before you can automate things. But you can automate the Co-Op Missions, the Special Missions, and the Timeline Battle (thank God!), which I do every day while I'm working.

You'll need to buy the biometrics at first to unlock the paywall characters, but you can eventually level them up if you wait long enough to get "Rank Up Tickets" for each level, which are fairly rare and random (I've currently got 2 4-star rank ups and no others). But I saved up some and used them to get Namor ranked up quickly without wasting all the bios to level him.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Did they move where you buy the bio subs from? I feel like I've checked every store option and I can't find it.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The Diddler posted:

Did they move where you buy the bio subs from? I feel like I've checked every store option and I can't find it.

They're in the Mission Shop.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

They're in the Mission Shop.

There it is, thanks

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
I’ve returned to the game after not progressing very far

I applied to Goonlactus because I liked that name best

I have sympathy for the OP because Hulk is my fav even though he stinks in this game

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I thought The Rachel Pack gave you a t2 Rachel, but nope, just a 6* one. Ugh since its introduction i've successfully started about 4 danger rooms.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It's pretty quick and easy to get the T2 award.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world

Panama Red posted:

I’ve returned to the game after not progressing very far

I applied to Goonlactus because I liked that name best

I have sympathy for the OP because Hulk is my fav even though he stinks in this game

….I found his Ragnarok outfit extremely useful, with (what I consider to be) mega-automatic healing. Keep in mind I suck the meat missile at this game, though.