Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Asuka and a random melange of b-tier NXT guys could be the most wacky stable ever in a series that has had Better Than U-Topia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
yeah No Mans Land makes me think, Ascension, Maybe Sanity, might get like LOD as legends here, Empire of Tomorrow is gonna be our yearly NXT DLC with a sprinkling of NXT UK for good measure, Then Southpaw which will only work if the showcase mode has custom commentary from Cena and Fandango

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Fat Lowtax posted:

Asuka and a random melange of b-tier NXT guys could be the most wacky stable ever in a series that has had Better Than U-Topia

There will probably robot and alien versions of WWE superstars lmao. Remember that all of these are weird loving cartoony gimmick things like Swamp Thing Bray, White Walker Aleister, FrankenStrowman, and Snake Man Orton

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

There will probably robot and alien versions of WWE superstars lmao. Remember that all of these are weird loving cartoony gimmick things like Swamp Thing Bray, White Walker Aleister, FrankenStrowman, and Snake Man Orton

All goes well and they are going to double down on this gimmicky poo poo when their rosters suddenly starts suffering for...reasons. 2k19 is probably the high water mark for WWE game rosters, all down hill on that front from here.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

remusclaw posted:

All goes well and they are going to double down on this gimmicky poo poo when their rosters suddenly starts suffering for...reasons. 2k19 is probably the high water mark for WWE game rosters, all down hill on that front from here.

hey look at it this way, the way 2k has botched marketing this year they will have to make a strong push for their contract renewal next year, I believe their contract ends beginning of FY2021 so realistically any contract talks will have to happen in the next 12 months

EDIT: correction the transitional console agreement ends FY 2022, the actual contract ends in 2025, So pretty much they just have to make games for ps4 and XB1 until 2k22 installment I was wrong and i apologize

Brokenogre fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Sep 24, 2019

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KungFu Grip posted:

There's a sort of Fire Pro Wrestling World Saltybet that exists apparently. There's no betting currently as far as i can tell https://www.twitch.tv/saltysuplex

I have this up on a second monitor and it's fantastic. I'm watching christian wrestle one of the teen titans I think. the green one with the pink/black suit

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I just wish whoever is running this would mod out the annoying SCS Arena crowd noises like any self-respecting person.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Brokenogre posted:

yeah No Mans Land makes me think, Ascension, Maybe Sanity, might get like LOD as legends here, Empire of Tomorrow is gonna be our yearly NXT DLC with a sprinkling of NXT UK for good measure, Then Southpaw which will only work if the showcase mode has custom commentary from Cena and Fandango

I feel like if they're bothering to do Southpaw they bothered to grab them for commentary.

Lol who am I kidding it's going to be the regular commentary team and it's going to be the same terrible lines as every year.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I keep thinking with all the recorded utterances of their commentary guys, they could just cut lines from WWE TV shows and use that instead of the canned "trapped in studio for 8 hours please god kill me" recordings they have now.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

coconono posted:

I keep thinking with all the recorded utterances of their commentary guys, they could just cut lines from WWE TV shows and use that instead of the canned "trapped in studio for 8 hours please god kill me" recordings they have now.

it's pretty much what the UFC games have done for like a decade

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

coconono posted:

Somehow I feel like if they did that it would end up sounding like Smackdown 3 commentary because :effort:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Fauxhawk Express posted:

it's pretty much what the UFC games have done for like a decade
Dunno how EA does it, but IIRC the Undisputed games did studio recordings - internet funnyman Seanbaby has mentioned being a writer on them in the past.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

aew should rip off the old pride game rather than no mercy

Sydney Bottocks posted:

You know the thing about The Man, she’s got lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll’s eyes.

lol

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Cole: Tex Ferguson has the WWE universe behind him! What a move!

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Mods rename me to Cyberpunk Tino Sabatelli

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

joylessdivision posted:

I feel like if they're bothering to do Southpaw they bothered to grab them for commentary.

Lol who am I kidding it's going to be the regular commentary team and it's going to be the same terrible lines as every year.

I only have hope for commentary on the showcase thats supposed to come with every pack, scripted commentary on just specific stars sounds like it shouldnt be too hard to do, using those stars in exibition i have no doubt we get normal commentary, but i would love for either an all new show being done through showcase or just give us lethal leap year actually happening (bonus points if this is the final dlc and it comes out in febuary since its a leap year)

Edit: the lack of jericho in the company makes me think the italian site might have been full of it though

Fat Lowtax posted:

Read this real quick as cyberpunk tito santana and i like that idea alot more

Also just to add chynas entrance went up today, i can forgive the fact that it looks like a roided up stephanie cuz they have shown difficulty with sculpting deceased superstars in the past, what is unforgivable though is the fact that her bazooka looks like it is shooting up a single sparkler on either side

Brokenogre fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 24, 2019

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Fat Lowtax posted:

Same except Space Nazi Mansoor

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

The Kins posted:

Dunno how EA does it, but IIRC the Undisputed games did studio recordings - internet funnyman Seanbaby has mentioned being a writer on them in the past.

Haven't played them in years, but I remember a lot of Undisputed commentator soundbites taken straight from fights, particularly the Huerta/Garcia fight from '07.

Perhaps it was a bit of A and a bit of B.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IGgy IGsen posted:

I just wish whoever is running this would mod out the annoying SCS Arena crowd noises like any self-respecting person.

Props to adding the Meltzer ratings at the end though, that's a cute touch

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Mentioned it in last post but chyna

https://youtu.be/yxw3HCc4qGM

I think the hair is even more plastic than last year

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Brokenogre posted:

Mentioned it in last post but chyna

https://youtu.be/yxw3HCc4qGM

I think the hair is even more plastic than last year

that is neither old face chyna nor new face chyna

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

lost my old email posted:

that is neither old face chyna nor new face chyna

Like i said it looks like roided up stephanie but 2k always has trouble with faces they cant scan

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm embarrassed for them.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Brokenogre posted:

Like i said it looks like roided up stephanie but 2k always has trouble with faces they cant scan

what does digi-steph look like i imagine more like chyna than "chyna" over there?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

can we get doug stanhope's take on what virtual chyna looks like?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

coconono posted:

I'm embarrassed for them.

Same. That's.....wow that's a real bad Chyna. At least CC will have a good one within a month or so.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I don't know why but putting her twitter handle in the intro skeeves me out, like there are gonna be kids who legit find out Chyna's dead from a twitter bio.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

lol did you read the EULA death does not get you out of twitter man you have to pull a lowtax to escape that poo poo

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

what does digi-steph look like i imagine more like chyna than "chyna" over there?

Steph isnt even confirmed to be in the game yet but i dont see her changing much from last year if she is in so prob something like this https://images.app.goo.gl/6JLgbLGDEiNMf9ny9

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Frankenstein Strowman, snake man Orton, zombie Chyna...

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Brokenogre posted:

Steph isnt even confirmed to be in the game yet but i dont see her changing much from last year if she is in so prob something like this https://images.app.goo.gl/6JLgbLGDEiNMf9ny9

i think i can achieve the same effect for like a 20th of the budget please consider this an official application to tender wwe

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

i think i can achieve the same effect for like a 20th of the budget please consider this an official application to tender wwe

Nothing about the game announced so far is making me feel like i can justify my preorder, chyna is a disappointment we still dont have a soundtrack or full roster, im kinda pumped for female my career but there isnt any real info on that for i know in the next 28 days they could dump a ton of info but right now im feeling more let down than normal

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/1176675677799505920

I figured they'd try to lead with online multiplayer because that's where the big money is, they're loving 2K, and they won't be able to nickel and dime you on hats and Special Attribute Packs if the core online multiplayer isn't worth spending any time with at all (as has been the case forever). But it's also the one thing conceptually where like...I have no idea how to fix it.

If I'm running around all the time and spamming stupid moves because I want to win the game, and you think that's dumb as poo poo because that's not how wrestling works, even if you kick my rear end because I'm bad you're still not going to have a good time.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Fat Lowtax posted:

https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/1176675677799505920

I figured they'd try to lead with online multiplayer because that's where the big money is, they're loving 2K, and they won't be able to nickel and dime you on hats and Special Attribute Packs if the core online multiplayer isn't worth spending any time with at all (as has been the case forever). But it's also the one thing conceptually where like...I have no idea how to fix it.

If I'm running around all the time and spamming stupid moves because I want to win the game, and you think that's dumb as poo poo because that's not how wrestling works, even if you kick my rear end because I'm bad you're still not going to have a good time.

Know what, Ill take any info about the game at this point, hopefully this is the start of a daily release of information for the next 27 days

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Just when I thought the last couple of years of marketing was weird....this year is the worst. It's either gonna be epic or the same ol poo poo with slot machines. Place yer bets folks....

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Can't wait to see the nL boys break it to gently caress and back the first night.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

https://wwe.2k.com/news/2k20-online-lobbies-return/

Online info, looks like we have to make both a male and female MYplayer, meaning the people who speculated that MYcareer is gonna be a 2 character mode were right. Lobbies return and the menu isnt blinding white this year so thats nice.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Brokenogre posted:

the menu isnt blinding white this year so thats nice.

As bad as the game has been for christ knows how long, that was one of their downright dumbest ideas ever last year

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Fauxhawk Express posted:

As bad as the game has been for christ knows how long, that was one of their downright dumbest ideas ever last year

Oh yeah the blinding white along with the barely noticable red that was a bonehead design choice and i hope whoever made it was sacked,beaten, and sacked again.

Edit: upon looking again i notice the online menu has a section for 2k originals, im hoping that doesnt mean that the DLC is only usable online for me getting the pc version it doesnt matter much but console players needing to shell out the yearly online fee to play those stories would be depressingly stupid

Brokenogre fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
where's the fuckin roster lmao