Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

Trump does not assess risk the way normal humans do and never has. This is super obvious throughout his business history, he convinces himself that he wins no matter how badly he gets wrecked.

as always, Trump personified
https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561?lang=en

e: tax
https://twitter.com/kittensfolder/status/1175841056975392769

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

bird cooch posted:

Might want to go ahead and check on who voted for her.

I already know who voted for her

E: What exactly are you expecting here am I supposed to go "oh gosh Ilhan Omar voted for her, I guess everything she does must be correct such as calling Ilhan Omar an anti-semite"

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/IndivisibleTeam/status/1176564798739353600

This makes 171..?

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
Pelosi is on CNN from The Atlantic Festival and just said there doesn't have to be a quid pro quo on the call, just asking Ukraine to investigate Biden is enough.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Oh man, the bottom right of this chart full of Dems in safe seats that don't yet support impeachment is just full of the lovely Dems you'd expect.

Nancy Pelosi
Debbie Wasserman Schultz
Steney Hoyer
Henry Cuellar
Donna Shalala
etc.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Someday "The Trump Admin" is going to be a 2 semester college course. :suspense:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
CNNs counter is only at 158 Dems as of now.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Crows Turn Off posted:

Depends on if they can DeepFake some audio fast enough.

I just had a panic attack with the thought of this administration being technically competent.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Ukraine should just burn him.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Correct, because you can't do that anymore because it demands too much ignoring of reality even for the most dyed in the wool Dem fanboy. Still, given that you lot kept repeating it for years, what does that say about your political judgement?

Since I personally said it when it appeared that way in previous administrations, and then quickly dropped it when it became clear that she was going to do jack poo poo in this one, I guess it says my political judgement is pretty good and you trying to present yourself as some rational adult in the room by complaining bout strawmen that ceased to exist years ago, just like happens about 2x a week in this thread, is kinda dumb.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

O k.

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/1176564220407767042

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Yeah, it's pretty clear at this point that Republicans are going to turn this into Biden's email scandal. It's meaningless nonsense, but they aren't going to shut up about it for the next several months. It's going to be difficult for Democrats to make sure that the focus actually stays on Trump during an impeachment.

Paradoxish fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Sep 24, 2019

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Google Butt posted:

Like, legally he can't withhold the whistleblower report, correct?

the guy that's withholding it doesn't have the ability to do so once the person who passed it on to him determined it should be given to congress. of course like the rest of this admin rules don't apply to him.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

mango sentinel posted:

Ukraine should just burn him.

they're terrified of getting hung out to dry in the meantime, that's what the extortion / threats / bribery was about in the first place

Groovelord Neato posted:

the guy that's withholding it doesn't have the ability to do so once the person who passed it on to him determined it should be given to congress. of course like the rest of this admin rules don't apply to him.

congress has a really really strong case in court on this as a result though

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Flesh Forge posted:

Someday "The Trump Admin" is going to be a 2 semester college course. :suspense:

The absolute very first thing that needs to happen the next time the Dems control the WH and Congress is that the powers of the Executive need to be tightened up and better defined.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1176566239336062977?s=19

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Jaxyon posted:

Since I personally said it when it appeared that way in previous administrations, and then quickly dropped it when it became clear that she was going to do jack poo poo in this one, I guess it says my political judgement is pretty good and you trying to present yourself as some rational adult in the room by complaining bout strawmen that ceased to exist years ago, just like happens about 2x a week in this thread, is kinda dumb.

do you not remember the bre'r rabbit take in this thread less than a week ago, about how pelosi's Wise Judgement was keeping the idiot leftist children from falling right into Trump's hands by impeaching him

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

CNNs counter is only at 158 Dems as of now.

Here is most up to date one

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2019/house-reps-who-would-vote-for-trump-impeachment-our-latest-list/

172 now

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Paradoxish posted:

Yeah, it's pretty clear at this point that Republicans are going to turn this into Biden's email scandal. It's meaningless nonsense, but they aren't going to shut up about it for the next several months. It's going to be difficult for Democrats to make sure that the focus actually stays on Trump during an impeachment.

Which will be hilarious when Biden doesn't get the nomination and Warren or Sanders slaps him.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

do you not remember the bre'r rabbit take in this thread less than a week ago, about how pelosi's Wise Judgement was keeping the idiot leftist children from falling right into Trump's hands by impeaching him
Skex doesn't count, we all know that.

it may not have been him i don't remember

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Sep 24, 2019

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

:getin:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

GreyjoyBastard posted:

congress has a really really strong case in court on this as a result though

right but it sucks that they have to 1. make the time and effort to do this when he's clearly in violation and 2. the guy will face no consequences for it.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

I can see why Trump team is trying to get out in front of this.

Also, I'm totally down with Biden getting continuously shat on in a very public forum, as long as there's an equal amount of making GBS threads on Trump

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1176566149179432961

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Paradoxish posted:

Yeah this is going to go 100% like the Clinton email
hearings where the Dems ask questions based in reality while the Republicans read Infowars talking points and ask where they torture the kids in pizza shops. The GOP is going to run interference hard, especially if Trump starts to get scared and throws the senators who helped him under the bus.

Prophecy0
Jun 27, 2004

Paradoxish posted:

I mean IMO the best outcome of all of this is it sinks Biden and Trump gets impeached.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

I don't read every post in this thread, link it to me, that sounds pretty dumb.

But that also doesn't change the 10x as many people who drop in every single week to talk about Pelosi backers as if it's a real factor in this thread.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

biden's easily the worst candidate so if this can take him down too it's gucci.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

theflyingorc posted:

Which will be hilarious when Biden doesn't get the nomination and Warren or Sanders slaps him.

Oh yeah, I'm not particularly worried about it in part because I'm convinced that if Biden gets the nom he'd lose in the general either way. It is loving annoying that Republicans keep doing this and will likely be able to keep getting away with it, though. They're just picking the wrong target in this case.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
https://mobile.twitter.com/lispower1/status/1176510130013298688

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Since we're at the phase of the Nixon impeachment where he released a bunch of misleading transcripts, gonna bring this one out of storage

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

theflyingorc posted:

I don't know, but badposting about your forum enemies hardly seems to be an improvement.

I'm just wondering why I should take your word for things when you keep being wrong over and over and over. Sorry that you think pointing out your less than stellar record is badposting, but I personally find it somewhat relevant.

Jaxyon posted:

"I stopped having a wrong opinion after the evidence against it became overwhelming" isn't exactly a stellar line of defense, especially not when folks on the left called bullshit on the Iron Lady Pelosi narrative years before you wisened up.

The real dumb thing here is that what you two are doing is basically tantamount to arguing that being able to predict things in advance doesn't actually matter, which is a pretty stunning level of arrogance, gotta say.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Paradoxish posted:

I’m okay with Biden being sacrificed to take down Trumo

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I also completely forgot that having the impeachment hearings now, its also gonna lineup with Roger Stone's trial

https://twitter.com/hsu_spencer/status/1176566596845940736

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Scott Forstall posted:

I’m okay with Biden being sacrificed to take down Trumo

Yeah gonna be real upset about that one. Crying all night long, definitely.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Caros posted:

So this means one of what, four things?

1. Somehow the call actually isn't bad.
2. The call is horrific but Trump thinks he can ride the wave.
3. The transcript is edited.
4. The transcript has just enough wink wink nudge nudge for republicans to hold their tongues.

I'm erring on the last, but #2 is peak.

I wonder if we'll see the whistleblower pull a Deep Throat and leak the real substance of the complaint if it turns out to be anything but #2.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Cerebral Bore posted:

I'm just wondering why I should take your word for things when you keep being wrong over and over and over. Sorry that you think pointing out your less than stellar record is badposting, but I personally find it somewhat relevant.

"I stopped having a wrong opinion after the evidence against it became overwhelming" isn't exactly a stellar line of defense, especially not when folks on the left called bullshit on the Iron Lady Pelosi narrative years before you wisened up.

The real dumb thing here is that what you two are doing is basically tantamount to arguing that being able to predict things in advance doesn't actually matter, which is a pretty stunning level of arrogance, gotta say.

Try a single post that improves the thread

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Ripoff posted:

especially if Trump starts to get scared and throws the senators who helped him under the bus.

I absolutely cannot wait fir this part, and it won't just be Trump; keep in mind a) none of his minions in the administration have legal immunity like President/Vice Pres do, and b) most of them aren't fanatically loyal to Trump The Man, they're there to make some bucks, so there is going to be some loving epic flippery and backstabbing.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Jaxyon posted:

I don't read every post in this thread, link it to me, that sounds pretty dumb.

But that also doesn't change the 10x as many people who drop in every single week to talk about Pelosi backers as if it's a real factor in this thread.

phone posting is being an rear end. check ogmius' rap sheet, it's really, really funny

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

lmao that the most positive spin they have is "he reads really slowly"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1176535772268322817?s=19