Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Augus posted:

I still find it kinda hilarious just how in-depth the fishing is in the MM remake, there’s so many different
fish to catch.

Zelda and fishing minigames are made for each other. Nintendo programmers love fishing and golf apparently, so it was a huge shock only one of them made BotW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

All games should have a fishing minigame

no exceptions

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Multiplayer on 3 is gonna be poppin

Good news: The Jedi Outcast port doesn't have multiplayer so Jedi Academy probably won't either!!!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Andrast posted:

no exceptions

In Pikmin game, fish fish you

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Good news: The Jedi Outcast port doesn't have multiplayer so Jedi Academy probably won't either!!!

It’s been confirmed.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Andrast posted:

no exceptions

What about Sega's Bass Pro Fishing

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Unironically can't wait to bow honorably

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Orange Crush Rush posted:

What about Sega's Bass Pro Fishing

When I said no exceptions I meant it

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

RBA Starblade posted:

The Switch is far and away the lowest quality product Nintendo's put out that I'm aware of

Let me tell you about the Virtual Boy and mechanical DLP screens...

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I went through three GBA SPs because the junky L button kept breaking and the canned air never worked.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

hatty posted:

I went through three GBA SPs because the junky L button kept breaking and the canned air never worked.

Nah the trick there is you twist it like you're trying to break it in half until you start to fear you might actually do it, that fixes it right up.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

d3lness posted:

Are there any settings for dead zones in DxM? I tried the demo and it was okay. The biggest thing holding me back is the aiming. It feels like I'm using a hyperactive Boston terrier for targeting.

Remarkably, considering how complete the controller customization is, it seems no. There's just sensitivity (and motion control sensitivity, which is defaulted to off). The demo doesn't really show it, but you will need to turn around quickly all the time when fighting other actual mechs.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Beastie posted:

It’s been confirmed.

Oh I hadn't seen that it's gonna have multi. That's cool

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Speaking of fishing in Zelda games, I guess that Link's Awakening was the first one to have one of them, as well as the first one to have plot-related owls.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The new owl theme kicks rear end

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

get that OUT of my face posted:

Speaking of fishing in Zelda games, I guess that Link's Awakening was the first one to have one of them, as well as the first one to have plot-related owls.

It’s also the first one to have a trading quest.

I finished LA with all heart pieces and shells and it’s easily the definitive version for me now. A wonderful remake of one of my favorite games. My only criticisms are those minor frame hitches and no dpad support. Hopefully both are addressed with updates.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 24, 2019

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Unreal_One posted:

Remarkably, considering how complete the controller customization is, it seems no. There's just sensitivity (and motion control sensitivity, which is defaulted to off). The demo doesn't really show it, but you will need to turn around quickly all the time when fighting other actual mechs.

That's pants. I don't mind being able to turn quickly, but the lower sensitivity aiming zone is about 1mm of travel. Thanks for the info!

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What kind of options does it give you?

You can adjust:

Enemy attack power, attack frequency, max hp, and debuff duration.

You can also adjust Player blade combo buffer timer, party gauge gain, special recharge rate, and increase/decrease the potency of healing effects.

You can also adjust the chain attack multiplier as well as one more option, but that one is a lategame spoiler.

edit: and in NG+, you can freely adjust your level at inns in the same manner that you level up at them using the exp banked there, you decrease a characters level, and the amount of exp needed to reach that level is stored.

Pharohman777 fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 24, 2019

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The lack of fishing in BotW is appalling and unforgivable

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s also the first one to have a trading quest.

Actually, in the first one, you can collect rupees and trade them for items.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

chaleski posted:

you have bombs though ???

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Takoluka posted:

Actually, in the first one, you can collect rupees and trade them for items.

This

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

chaleski posted:

It's only a solid 8 for this alone

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rune bomb fishing is the best fishing of the series.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Electric arrows aren't quite as satisfying as the bombs.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

RZA Encryption posted:

They should release for the frog the bell tolls as Link's Awakening DLC

https://twitter.com/usato21/status/1145019879696633857

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SeANMcBAY posted:

This has been exceeded by Cryonis pillar and whistling to scare fish into beaching themselves

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Apparently a recent discovery in Botw is that whistling at fish can make them flee from you and beach themselves on some shores. Doesn't work everywhere due to the ground geometry needed.

The devs made all wildlife flee from link when he whistles, including fish. Combine with cryonis to position yourself properly, and you get this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QVDvl6wUds

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Pharohman777 posted:

Apparently a recent discovery in Botw is that whistling at fish can make them flee from you and beach themselves on some shores. Doesn't work everywhere due to the ground geometry needed.

The devs made all wildlife flee from link when he whistles, including fish. Combine with cryonis to position yourself properly, and you get this:

This is insane.

In development I feel like the refrain is "how could we have possibly predicted the user would do this". With BotW it's "how could they possibly have predicted the user would do this?"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pharohman777 posted:

lol that is pretty awesome

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ok I'm an idiot and got confused about the difference on transferring a user from an old switch to a lite as opposed to just having my Nintendo ID tied to both units so I can play on both. My question is that if I do cloud saving and get to place X on a game on one unit, then continue on the other unit using the same account and cloud save, will all the save info be the same as the last save?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pharohman777 posted:

And to think there’s people on this very thread that somehow still think this isn’t the Greatest Zelda Ever Made.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Andrast posted:

no exceptions

Fishing games should have a fishing minigame where you play the fish going after smaller fish.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

And to think there’s people on this very thread that somehow still think this isn’t the Greatest Zelda Ever Made.

ikr?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_n52JJpwe8

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Apparently I've been playing this game wrong the whole time

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

A pro controller doesn't have to cram a shitload of tech into a small form factor alongside a battery.

None of it's worth it for taking the fun out of swimming :colbert:.

That was the one game where swimming was fun

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The part at 2:40 ish where they blew them up while running past them only for the body to land in front of them in time for their next attack is some neo poo poo. The music really makes the video

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

bushisms.txt posted:

The part at 2:40 ish where they blew them up while running past them only for the body to land in front of them in time for their next attack is some neo poo poo. The music really makes the video

Yeah that's probably his best because of the music, but even without the production values he makes some impressive poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GCTD9ygtZM

Here's his most recent show-off video with music: killing the 10 Lizalfo fort in Master Mode while taking no damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3czQi85E2Uw

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Here's his most recent show-off video with music: killing the 10 Lizalfo fort in Master Mode while taking no damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3czQi85E2Uw
At 2:52 a lizalfos sweeps the bomb back at them at close range and they still parry it. The wall run back flip tech is impressive as well. Making be wanna start playing some more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Send me Dragon Quest early, Jeffrey Beezbos.