Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

He's only got a couple hundred more house dems to name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Nazzadan posted:

It kinda felt like she's really only on board this time because he's loving with whistleblowers which is a pet project of hers, but oh well at least we're here now.

pelosi is on board because the swing district reps are on board, and those reps are on board because this is so loving bad even one of the fox and friends hosts was like "well im sure the left is lying but if this was true it would be really bad" while trump was busy admitting it was true

they're moving because they think they've found what are, basically, the nixon tapes

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Franks Happy Place posted:

Chris Wallace on Fox News saying "There's some meat on the bones, here."

:wow:

Chris Wallace and Shep are like the only two half-decent reporters left at Fox News. This isn't shocking for him to say.

Still he's absolutely right, but I expect the Hannity/Ingraham/ Tucker trifecta to be in maximum spin mode tonight.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Yep, no studying is getting done.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
This makes Trump unhappy, so by definition it is good, regardless of what else comes of it.

Eat poo poo forever you rotting Nazi pumpkin.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Nail Rat posted:

These tweets are pathetic even for him. He can't even muster any energy to defend himself.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

skylined! posted:

Please do not claim silverbacks for the Left. He's a libertarian at best.

Fine, left-ish

Another good option might be a CNN hot take from like SE Cupp or Van Jones about how actualllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy if you think about it this sets up Trump perfectly for a 2020 sweep.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Nail Rat posted:

I really don't want to come to the defense of Trump but he's referring to the people that Pelosi specifically named as being part of the leadup to this

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Edit: I knew it would almost certainly be posted, I was just too excited.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

The Super-Id posted:

These tweets are pathetic even for him. He can't even muster any energy to defend himself.

Good. Let him stay like this until January 2021, tired and broken in a pit of despair, so no more of his dumb-poo poo bigoted ideas escape his skull.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Interesting

https://twitter.com/YouGovUS/status/1176597972659970048

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
All I ask is that the Democrats do everything in their power to hold Trump and the GOP accountable. That's it. I don't expect them to wave a magic wand and make Trump disappear. I expect them to investigate. I expect them to impeach. I expect them to seize the goddamn moral high ground from the most amoral collection of Republican shitbags in history.

That's all I ask.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Pollyanna posted:

Huh. The House actually tried for impeachment a little.

Next up is collecting evidence and then a vote, right?

the investigation is more important than the vote and it sounds like we done got it :toot:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

this, plus this: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/fox-and-friends-steve-doocy-ukraine-trump-biden-scandal

is why things changed. it's not people's political courage changed, the underlying facts changed in a way that swing vote democrats no longer think impeachment will hurt them

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Donald's now playing the greatest hits again

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1176606660279898112

EDIT: not even a week after the last time he tweeted this :laffo:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1174697450948497408

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

god this is such a good day. good day at new job. stupid cool game stuff. impeachment possibly starting, trump getting mad and screaming on twitter. gently caress yeah good day.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
:circlefap: :circlefap: :circlefap:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1176605750657003520

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/1176606548564402176

Yes, continue to bring up the fact that you've been illegally blocking the whistleblower's report

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

skylined! posted:

So confirmed, all six committees moving forward with current investigations but with heightened impeachment powers.

Can a bigger procedural nerd than me explain what these heightened powers are, exactly? Do they get to start locking people up if they don't comply with subpoenas?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Dapper_Swindler posted:

god this is such a good day. good day at new job. stupid cool game stuff. impeachment possibly starting, trump getting mad and screaming on twitter. gently caress yeah good day.

and mtga expansion and first episode of the final Good Place season on Thursday

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Also I'm sure in Trump's diseased brain he thinks Maxine Waters is involved because she hates him, and not because she's the Chair of the House Financial Services Committee.*

*well ok it could also partially be because she hates him, but who could blame her.

Ron Howard Voice: The transcript did not actually exist.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
His next public appearance is gonna be a toot.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

ninjahedgehog posted:

Can a bigger procedural nerd than me explain what these heightened powers are, exactly? Do they get to start locking people up if they don't comply with subpoenas?

Federal judges can, and also issue fines, and democrats now have more power to request subpoena enforcement. They don't need to explain why a subpoena is relevant, really - it's all relevant under an impeachment inquiry.

A decent writeup from May https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-powers-does-formal-impeachment-inquiry-give-house

skylined! fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Sep 24, 2019

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BigglesSWE posted:

His next public appearance is gonna be a toot.

I was actually expecting him to try to do a live speech to pre-empt Pelosi but I forgot he's a huge coward who would rather tweet angrily.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

ninjahedgehog posted:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-powers-does-formal-impeachment-inquiry-give-house

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Dear diary,

Day 977 of the Trump presidency. Today, something finally mattered...

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

and mtga expansion and first episode of the final Good Place season on Thursday

also new hitman 2 map on a fake version of harveys island

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i5V61FDXTo

my feelings today. over #resistance but who cares.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
Im actually just substantially amazed that trump finally amassed such an egregious threshold of titfaced neon crimedoing that Pelosi was forced to act. This is an amazing threshold to pass, when you think about it. Seven levels of extra comedic incompetence in corruption.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Cool game stuff?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

evilweasel posted:

pelosi is on board because the swing district reps are on board, and those reps are on board because this is so loving bad even one of the fox and friends hosts was like "well im sure the left is lying but if this was true it would be really bad" while trump was busy admitting it was true

they're moving because they think they've found what are, basically, the nixon tapes

It is easy to kind of skip over it because we've been desensitized by Trump's continuous lawbreaking but holy poo poo is what he did bad. It really doesn't get much worse on the "abuse of office" scale than "Hey, take out a political rival of mine or I'll use my official powers to hurt you" (he's done morally worse things of course).

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So when does Congress need to pass another budget bill to prevent another shutdown because Trump is gonna refuse to sign anything out of spite.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

The party line. Chris Stewart is on CNN right now saying the same poo poo. Dems don’t even have the facts yet and will end up being “embarrassed” by this like they were about Kavanaugh. :rolleyes:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

D-Pad posted:

Cool game stuff?

last of us 2 trailer and release date. medievile demo, etc.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

I see Executive Time is going well.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

And of course, on this historic day of days, Meet the Press is letting....John Podheretz monologue?!?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Kavros posted:

Im actually just substantially amazed that trump finally amassed such an egregious threshold of titfaced neon crimedoing that Pelosi was forced to act. This is an amazing threshold to pass, when you think about it. Seven levels of extra comedic incompetence in corruption.

Maybe Pelosi is playing 18 dimensional chess by refusing impeachment and allowing Trump to commit dozens of more crimes just so she can say now we are going to have impeachment hearings into your dozens of crimes.

This is sarcasm by the way.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CubanMissile posted:

The party line. Chris Stewart is on CNN right now saying the same poo poo. Dems don’t even have the facts yet and will end up being “embarrassed” by this like they were about Kavanaugh. :rolleyes:

Of course, they know that the whole point of this inquiry being formally launched is to get the facts but the GOP relies on everyone being too stupid or ill-informed to know that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shifty Pony posted:

It is easy to kind of skip over it because we've been desensitized by Trump's continuous lawbreaking but holy poo poo is what he did bad. It really doesn't get much worse on the "abuse of office" scale than "Hey, take out a political rival of mine or I'll use my official powers to hurt you" (he's done morally worse things of course).

what he did is exactly what he was accused of doing in the russia investigation, except this time he did it directly, on tape