Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Discendo Vox posted:

Why is the game now acting like I need to buy Haven Island? There's not even a store entry for it.

Yeah same, wasn’t expecting the content to be ready exactly on time so I’ll check again this evening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
If you're on PC, it should be ready in about one hour from this post. 17:00 UTC, 1 PM Eastern.

Edit: Currently downloading on Steam, 10.6 gigs.

Lester Shy fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Sep 24, 2019

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I like the fakeout, first the 500mb update to make you check the game, get irritated, and then BAM 10 gigs

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

It's installing on steam now. :getin:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

So about that new story development, huh...
I'm kinda interested in how they're planning on resolving that in...one? two? more dlc missions.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I reckon it's setup for HITMAN™

Anyway it's a great level IMO, seems challenging to SASO on Master but not infuriating; some good opportunities as well.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I spent an hour doing my usual hitman map introduction, just wandering around listening to NPC incidental dialogue and filling my pockets with souvenirs. Map pretty, writing funny. Might kill someone later.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

:allears:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the storm suddenly coming was so cool, didn't expect that, shame it didn't actually change the level/routines

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Finished the level once just taking any stories/missions as they came. It's a good level, much better than New York IMO, it's bigger with plenty to do and see. I guess I'll try to SASO it on master now and see if I have fun or it just makes me frustrated.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Thank you IOI for giving people the chance to shoot Steve Bannon in the face.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ugh, come on PS Store. Drop the expansion pass price so I can pick up this new DLC. :ohdear:

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
New level is good, much better than The Bank, and looking around, it's probably the most impressive map they've done in Nu-Hitman yet.

I do wish the storm changed things. Even as it is, it definitely sets off my "it's time to not be outside any more" senses.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
The storm only gets closer as you complete objectives (as far as I could tell) so there's not a lot of scope for it to change things given that two of the three targets have to be dead before it arrives :v:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I was convinced 47 was going to get hitmanned right back at some point in one mission, slightly disappointed when it was just incense being pulled out. Gonna need a few runs to follow this story to the end, seems like a lot of ways to render it not completable.

Edit: Also if anyone was left wanting by the possibilities of the emetic grenade, you might enjoy some if the mastery unlocks in this new level

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Sep 25, 2019

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I really like the new map, seems like a cross between Sgail and Santa Maria maybe? I've only done one bumbling run through it but I liked the layout and it seemed like there's a lot of opportunities for mischief. It feels big but cohesive. Seems a lot meatier than the Bank and I don't feel like there's an obvious speedrun just yet (compared to the Bank where I discovered the "optimal path" pretty quickly).

I also like the new story mode developments and I wonder how they mean to resolve it. There's only so many twists and turns you can add to the "We've found the three families controlling the Illuminati" storyline so I a) appreciate what they've done and b) wonder about what it all means for future Hitmens. Are there supposed to be more missions like the alternate nightmode Marrakesh ones for Season Pass holders? Or are we waiting for Hitman 3: 100 Bullets?

Anyway, my favorite kill from my Haven run wasn't flashy but it still made me giggle: starfish ninja star to Steve Bannon's disgusting face

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Man everything about trying to kill Bradley in the gym as the personal trainer is just real bugged right now. The timing is way stricter than it should be and now I got him and his guard not stopping doing pullups.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Sep 25, 2019

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Bitter Pill crashed on me as I was about to get the kill.

mary had a little clam posted:

Are there supposed to be more missions like the alternate nightmode Marrakesh ones for Season Pass holders? Or are we waiting for Hitman 3: 100 Bullets?

There's a new single target mission in Miami and one in Vermont (I think you need to do Miami first)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
New mission looks very cool. I have realized that the devs appear to be building out new functions for...something. Possibly co-op.

Pilchenstein posted:

The storm only gets closer as you complete objectives (as far as I could tell) so there's not a lot of scope for it to change things given that two of the three targets have to be dead before it arrives :v:

It can progress based on other factors, though I'm not clear on what.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anybody find the buried treasure yet

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
I think the weather can also change based on time, but you maybe have to stuff around for like an hour for that to happen.

Got SA on master on a blind run, so that's pretty good. Although you get the "find the stolen usb" prompt even with mission stories off by design on master, because it happens just by loading into the level pretty much and doing that will get you two targets as you have multiple chances to get Wilson while you're in the villa I drowned him in his hot tub, pushed lady out the window after delivering the usb and blew up the last dudes jet ski.

Hopefully what the ending cutscene promises isn't a lie as I would really like to murder Grey as IMO he's a loser and I don't care about things from 47's past.

Super No Vacancy posted:

anybody find the buried treasure yet

No but I think it has something to do with the captain disguise as he has a piece of a treasure map on him. Don't know where the others are.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

garycoleisgod posted:

I think the weather can also change based on time, but you maybe have to stuff around for like an hour for that to happen.
It definitely shifts after exactly an hour if you haven't triggered anything else before then.

There seem to be a lot of suspicious lines of sight on this map. The space behind the projector screen in particular lets guards outside see you, even if the door's closed and you're nowhere near the wall.

Also, I loaded the game while someone was fixing one of the servers, and it did an oopsie.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

A remote emetic?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Has anyone found a not terrible way to kill Williams in your suit? Or any way to get him to do anything other than walk very slow laps of the villa's upper floor? He definitely seems like he's going to be the thing that makes repeated runs an absolute chore, like they gave Sapienza's virus legs :v:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Pilchenstein posted:

Has anyone found a not terrible way to kill Williams in your suit? Or any way to get him to do anything other than walk very slow laps of the villa's upper floor? He definitely seems like he's going to be the thing that makes repeated runs an absolute chore, like they gave Sapienza's virus legs :v:

suit kills shouldn't be trivial? you can just doctor him if you hate it so much

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
It repulses me immensely that people stand in the toilet with him when he goes for a poo poo.

Is there anything better than that first exploration of a new Hitman man? Just bumbling around and finding things. I love it so much.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Goa Tse-tung posted:

suit kills shouldn't be trivial? you can just doctor him if you hate it so much
Oh no, did I ask a forbidden question? :ohdear:

Suit kills are trivial on pretty much every map except Bangkok, no need to get defensive about the difficulty level of this, the looney tunes murderclown game.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Pilchenstein posted:

Suit kills are trivial on pretty much every map except Bangkok,

lol ok

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

hosed around in the level for a couple of hours, really enjoyed it. Had to laugh when the final cinematic started playing... and immediately cut off and went directly to the menu. I guess the game didn't care about the storyline either :allears:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

garycoleisgod posted:

No but I think it has something to do with the captain disguise as he has a piece of a treasure map on him. Don't know where the others are.

there's one in a message in a bottle near the plane parked by the villa. have to shoot the bottle first

Drunken Baker posted:

It repulses me immensely that people stand in the toilet with him when he goes for a poo poo.

Is there anything better than that first exploration of a new Hitman man? Just bumbling around and finding things. I love it so much.

literally stumbling on a hidden keycard terminal was particularly amusing this time

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Pilchenstein posted:

Maybe clean out the server room? I’m not sure if there are enough places to hide bodies.

e: where’s his lockdown? Is it the ‘secret’ room? That seems like it would be pretty easy since he only has one bodyguard.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 25, 2019

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

new map is pretty nice, i've explored about half of it and i'm eager to explore the rest

i felt like the bradley target (buff jetski nerd) is kinda surplus, but maybe i just haven't played enough

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Super No Vacancy posted:

literally stumbling on a hidden keycard terminal was particularly amusing this time

Which one is that?

I always play a level the same way the first time. Fibre wire the targets and don't change the loadout. (bar changing out to a Silverballer, obviously) and I just love it when a level stumps me by needing keycards instead of deft lockpicking.

Also the scabby-man's Butler not leaving when going for the stethoscope kill. Oops. Better luck next time!

edit: Thinking about the saso run. Does his jetski exploding with a placed mine count as an accident?

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

Super No Vacancy posted:

there's one in a message in a bottle near the plane parked by the villa. have to shoot the bottle first
There's another on a bulletin board in a security room, I forget if it's the outpost or villa

edit: oops, actually staff area

Drunken Baker posted:

edit: Thinking about the saso run. Does his jetski exploding with a placed mine count as an accident?
That's how it showed up for me

Captain Cool fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 2, 2019

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Drunken Baker posted:

It did for me. And it made sense narratively because I had already killed Steve Bannon Look-a-Like and wandered around for an hour so the storm was rolling in right as Broski started the engine. It would have looked like he got struck by lightning!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Drunken Baker posted:

Which one is that?

I always play a level the same way the first time. Fibre wire the targets and don't change the loadout. (bar changing out to a Silverballer, obviously) and I just love it when a level stumps me by needing keycards instead of deft lockpicking.

Also the scabby-man's Butler not leaving when going for the stethoscope kill. Oops. Better luck next time!

in the tall grass by the villa after i vaulted the exterior wall and was trying to find a way in

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

DalaranJ posted:

Maybe clean out the server room? I’m not sure if there are enough places to hide bodies.
Cleaning out the server room is what I did for my beginner's guide (there are more than enough hiding spots) but I was wondering if someone had a suit only approach that didn't take forever. If pulling him down to the server room is the intended method of getting the suit only kill then that's incredibly poo poo because it means the only improvement you can really make is killing Vetrova faster, since any time you spend killing Bradley before you go to the bunker is a waste because he always reaches the server room before Williams anyway. And Vetrova is absurdly trivial to kill from the default start in your suit in a number of ways.

I'm not saying it's impossible any other way - with a bit of luck you can repair the jacuzzi and kill him there but it's probably not that much faster than just luring all three of them to the bunker and it's way less reliable. It's just occurred to me that there's a chance poisoning his medication might switch his routine up so that he takes them without the need to play doctor first, and I think that would be doable if it works :v: Edit: it does not work :smith:

Unrelatedly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hN-PYxWPls

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 25, 2019

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
There is apparently a way to get all three targets in the server room, based on what I've heard NPCs say. That may be the magic bullet this time around.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Found the treasure. I don't know if you have to put together the map before it will spawn but for those looking:

Three map parts
1. On the captain in the resturaunt.
2. On the wall in a room where some guards are hanging out. It's under the gym area IIRC
3. On the beach on the east side of the private mansion. Shoot a bottle you find there.

The treasure is horrible. The assembled map is South side up so that confused me for ages. Anyway on the tech bros island there's a little platform in the middle. Under that there's like a crate and if you head behind that with a shovel there's a dig spot. I spent so long looking for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

*opens up the new map*

what the gently caress is 47 wearing, he looks like the world's lamest dad