Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

The grinding and clanking are a nice touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

A bent spinner. Dope!!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's just the bearing I think, sadly it doesn't clank when it's upright.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

MomJeans420 posted:

I don't know what I was expecting, but that was worse than expected

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I just assume the spinner noise is drowned out by all the other Harley noises

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Would I be in the wrong (morally? legally?) if I put a disc lock on the dude who can’t park his bike straight?

Admittedly, yesterday he took three bays, and today he took only two, maybe he’ll have worked it out by the end of the week.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Wheelclamping without a licence is pretty illegal I think.

Work out more (or find a friend) so you can lift the bike up and put it back down in the right place. Or just sharpie a dickbutt on his tank or something, idk

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Renaissance Robot posted:

This only matters if you get caught

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Renaissance Robot posted:

Work out more (or find a friend) so you can lift the bike up and put it back down in the right place. Or just sharpie a dickbutt on his tank or something, idk

Just pivot it on the side stand so it's straight. No need to pick it up.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Horse Clocks posted:

Would I be in the wrong (morally? legally?) if I put a disc lock on the dude who can’t park his bike straight?

Admittedly, yesterday he took three bays, and today he took only two, maybe he’ll have worked it out by the end of the week.

Yeah, I wouldn’t do that. If he wipes out, even at walking speed, because he isn’t expecting a wheel lock and takes surrounding bikes and cars with him, that’s on you, even if you don’t get caught.

Move his bike, that’s a much safer thing that still sends a very strong message because no one, no matter how big of an asshat they are, wants someone else touching or moving their bike without permission

Editors note: this is likely to get you punched if you get caught

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

No mods here, just an AI goober. If he tries to light you up then just lane split and laugh at him while you wheelie away and keep posting.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I wouldn't push over someone's bike for taking two spots, or key a car for intentionally double parking, but I also wouldn't be surprised if I parked like an rear end in a top hat and came out to see someone did exactly that to my bike/car.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

I left him a polite note suggesting he might want to consider parking parallel with everyone else.

Taped to his tank with packing tape. Maybe it leaves behind some sticky brown residue, maybe it doesn’t.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Please do not drag my precious jewel encrusted posts into whatever bullshit it is you’re doing.

My posts deserve better :allears:

no no no, you don't get to give your snowflakes back-- keep em on your side of the fence neighbor

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

This seems like a pretty specialized event...

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I've seen worse mashups. Not bad.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Yoga seems like it'd be great exercise for biking, although I've only tried it a few times and couldn't really get into it myself.

I've been slacking on working out in general for a while and now that I started riding more again with the temperatures getting reasonable, I'm feeling it, especially in my upper arms and legs.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

californians are the worst

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Pilates would be better, since it's all about core strength. Yoga's more for flexibility, though you do build strength as you go.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
So does anyone know if Slavvy actually killed himself or if he was just having a bad day on friday?
Any of the slack channel gang have his real world contact info?

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I really hope he is ok. :ohdear:

KTM motorcycles are faster on paper and in real life, and are about as cheap to own as a Yamaha.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

echomadman posted:

So does anyone know if Slavvy actually killed himself or if he was just having a bad day on friday?

:stare:

Aw, man :( that would be loving terrible. Slavvy, please don't be dead you nutty bastard

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Slavvy pull thru! :(

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

echomadman posted:

Uhhhhh... what the gently caress did I miss?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Check his rap sheet. He posted a banme in the E/N braindump thread the other day suggesting he'd attempted suicide earlier this year and at time of posting was contemplating trying again.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
gently caress. Banning him from a place that helps him cope with whatever it is that's loving his goat is a pretty harsh response. I hope he's doing better now.

If not, he's popping wheelies on his red dirt bike while cutting across God's footbridge. :rock:

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
well that's no fun, batman is nothing without joker

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

echomadman posted:

He doesn't post much there, if ever.

Slavvy, if you're reading this, please don't do anything that can't be undone. There's a bunch of people here who actually do care about you and like having you around as part of our daily lives, even if it's not in person. PM me if you want to talk.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Pssh, that's not how you summon him.

Oi, Slavvy! KTMs are fine and parallel twins are better than Vtwins.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I really enjoy the Michelin Pilot Road, mainly for its laser sharp tip-in.

As ridiculously opinionated as he is about the silliest stuff, he's like the #1 source of actual helpful content in this sub forum, hopefully he makes it past all the sadbrains stuff and comes back soon.

DearSirXNORMadam
Aug 1, 2009
Slavvy, you were totally right about fork rebuilds, I did mine myself and I only took the plunge because you said it would be fine. I think it would not have sounded convincing from anyone else, so come back and keep saving these dead gay forums from themselves.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Slavvy encouraged me to sack up and get my current bike years ago. When my brother got tired of me going "well, eventually..." and did the same, that was the year I got it... but Slavvy was in the back of my mind the whole time.

Hope you're not dead, hoss.

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not
I'm consistently surprised at the people that walk up to this cliff. Slavvy's a consistently excellent poster that's so generous with his knowledge, and writes such well-reasoned posts, that it's difficult to comprehend his sense of hopelessness from the outside. (If you're reading this, dude, I'm not saying your feelings are wrong, it's just really lovely that they are what they are). It makes me deeply sad that someone with that capable a brain apprehends a bleak future.

If you're still kicking, I'm happy to contribute to a get-a-passport-and-get-out-of-nz-and-live-a-little fund or anything else that would make your life more materially bearable. It might be nice to see the world a bit before you decide to check out permanently.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Your own mind being your biggest enemy is draining as is trying to fight it every day. Everything is going great for me currently and just last week I was getting ready to go do my favorite thing all weekend and it still took me a day to complete an hours worth of tasks because I was fighting my brain telling me to curl up in bed all day for no reason. It’s bullshit

Slavvy is a bieks success story, molded from an insufferable know it all douche to a slightly less insufferable know it all douche.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Depression is also what frequently makes people really good at a thing, if it makes you a bit happy, you focus on it with laser intensity and often get really good at it.

Slavvy, post up and let us know you’re OK :ohdear:

Anyone have a personal contact for him like email, text or Facebook/Twitter that they could try?

E: oh, he’s banned, he can’t post, duh

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Sep 25, 2019

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I hope he is okay but doesn't come back for awhile. terminally online people need good, long breaks from the internet, but not from life :(

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Why don't you not come back for a while? Nobody really needs your armchair diagnosis of "terminally online" or advice about what they should be doing.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Why don't you not come back for a while? Nobody really needs your armchair diagnosis of "terminally online" or advice about what they should be doing.

owned bitch

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I mean, he's not wrong about needing breaks...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

"Take a break" is up there with "have you tried being happy?" as one of the most useless things to say to a person suffering depression, bipolar disorder, suicidal thoughts, or really any other mental health conditions, and it always seems to come unsolicited from some sanctimonious skidmark who really has no interest in actually helping or showing concern but rather just wants to dispense advice.