Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Oh no, they've all been so productive up until now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

RZA Encryption posted:

Don't get your hopes up, I've seen that episode. The day before the hearing he is hospitalized for some unclear reason and the nation should really just come together in the spirit of unity and send him and his family well wishes. He is america's mayor, after all.

that was almost 20 years ago and he pissed that good will all away outside the various ghouls.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Gyges posted:

Nobody is old enough to have lived through any impeachment other than Clinton.

Articles of impeachment were passed for Nixon, but he resigned before the house could vote. The process was well underway.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Dapper_Swindler posted:

that was almost 20 years ago and he pissed that good will all away outside the various ghouls.

Doesn’t he legitimately have brain damage?

Like Tila Tequila style make-you-a-nazi brain damage?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

Doesn’t he legitimately have brain damage?

Like Tila Tequila style make-you-a-nazi brain damage?

Not sure if there's brain damage but something happened.

Drunken fall at a party, confirmed by his ex wife. Claimed his personality completely changed.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

IT BURNS posted:

Articles of impeachment were passed for Nixon, but he resigned before the house could vote. The process was well underway.
Off the top of my head it passed the committee but hadn't yet made it to the floor.

Tibalt fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 25, 2019

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bird cooch posted:

The support for impeachment literally just came.

Like in the last couple of days

Like there's a loving counter for it.

This is some amazing revisionist history. She's had public support for months. She's only not had political support because she didn't want it

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Hell yeah! I can’t imagine anything they’d pass that we’d want to happen.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

CubanMissile posted:

Hell yeah! I can’t imagine anything they’d pass that we’d want to happen.
The continuing resolution to prevent a shutdown in November.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tibalt posted:

The continuing resolution to prevent a shutdown in November.

cool, than he is even more hated. like i can legit see him shutting down the goverment to save himself.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

FizFashizzle posted:

Not sure if there's brain damage but something happened.

Drunken fall at a party, confirmed by his ex wife. Claimed his personality completely changed.

Don't believe it. He was always a corrupt, racist, philandering, drunk rear end in a top hat. He just got old and demented on top of it.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

cool, than he is even more hated. like i can legit see him shutting down the goverment to save himself.
While true, having the government shutdown until 60 Senators agree on a House budget enough to override a veto during the impeachment inquiry is going to suck.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Threatening to withhold funds unless he gets his way is all Trump knows.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Shifty Pony posted:

Threatening to withhold funds unless he gets his way is all Trump knows.

And then not paying anyway.

Surprised that isn't what happened here, tbh, dangle money at Ukraine, get the dirt from them and then just pretend he never heard of that low energy contractor Uke something

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tibalt posted:

While true, having the government shutdown until 60 Senators agree on a House budget enough to override a veto during the impeachment inquiry is going to suck.

agreed but i think trump would go further and just demand, "i will veto anything unless it ends impeachment" type deal.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1176633752300216321

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1176638545278251008

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Uh...

https://twitter.com/mikevwusa/status/1176683139395178496?s=21

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Don't believe it. He was always a corrupt, racist, philandering, drunk rear end in a top hat. He just got old and demented on top of it.

He was in the hospital and definitely had an extended absence from the national scene. Something happened.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

is throwing out random non-sequiturs at the end of tweets a dementia thing?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

What major legislation? Mitch has refused to do Jack poo poo since the House flipped

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Star Man posted:

I don't have one. I'm inferring it because I had a US history teacher in college that described FDR's political history as wanting to be great, including becoming Secretary of the Navy just like cousin Teddy was.

Amazing that FDR polarization continues after 80 years. My grandmother would poo poo on my face if I even attempted faint FDR praise. Wondering aloud if the orange poo poo smear has ever mentioned FDR?

Anyway, rethink your, "US history teacher in college" and have some more fun with all kinds of happy history! :)

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

What major legislation? Mitch has refused to do Jack poo poo since the House flipped

Trump doesn't know how to handle situations without any sort of leverage whatsoever, or to the extent he can it just freaks him out, so he's desperate to find something that he can use to fight back with.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

1337JiveTurkey posted:

Trump doesn't know how to handle situations without any sort of leverage whatsoever, or to the extent he can it just freaks him out, so he's desperate to find something that he can use to fight back with.

The government has to be funded in seven days.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/RepDanCrenshaw/status/1176641394091397125

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

IT BURNS posted:

People who have lived through three impeachments: :catdrugs:

Those of us on our second: :getin:

Youngsters on their first: :witch:

so true

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

is throwing out random non-sequiturs at the end of tweets a dementia thing?

That and, "I HATE YOU!"

But, case by case, sometimes that comes later.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

well, guess we will get leaks from that.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I'm shocked, shocked that Dan Crenshaw doesn't know what the impeachment process actually is.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Except he already admitted to doing it!

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

The government has to be funded in seven days.

"I'll let the government continue to function if you stop investigating this flagrantly impeachable act" is really only going to dig him deeper and he knows it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

in the blind party, the one eyed man is king.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Is this what they’re going with? They can’t investigate the crimes unless the crimes have already been investigated? Even after crime guy bragged about his crimes to the UN?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

That's been the schedule for like a week, FWIW.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Trump shutting the government down over impeachment would be disastrous for him so I can only imagine he will do it. He’ll probably contradict republicans when they try to say he’s shutting it down for some other reason as well.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Trump will absolutely shut down the government to stop the impeachment, unaware that Congress goes on regardless of funding.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Rabble posted:

Except he already admitted to doing it!

Yeah, if the transcript doesn't show him saying it then it just raises the question, "Well, during which phone call did you say the things you said you said?"

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

The Super-Id posted:

Trump shutting the government down over impeachment would be disastrous for him so I can only imagine he will do it. He’ll probably contradict republicans when they try to say he’s shutting it down for some other reason as well.

Yeah, there's no way he wriggles himself out of this one.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
I want to see some GOP cannibalism! Come on folks blood is in the water start eating your own!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Neither Hawaii Representative is in the "Yes Impeachment" column which shows a lot about how D+33 doesn't really describe the politics in Hawaii.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

He was in the hospital and definitely had an extended absence from the national scene. Something happened.

Yeah but he'd already been a drunk and an rear end in a top hat, even according to the ex-wife.

TBI didn't make it better because that's not what TBI do.