Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

There are some famous quotes from Nixon just before he resigned where he's talking about how much he could gently caress over the country if he wanted to. Semi apocryphally, he said drunkely to advisers or staff, 'you know I could destroy the world if I wanted to'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/ccadelago/status/1176693520159170560

jesus christ, he is a literal angry kid that got caught.

Here’s the whole context of his little meltdown.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1176693980131667969?s=21

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Slowpoke! posted:

Tulsi is still running for President. I would be dismissive of her but she just qualified for the debate today so she still thinks she’s in it.

Weird lean though since every other major candidate supports impeachment. Even Biden has almost said it, and that is more than you would expect since is damaging to him if he calls for impeachment.

Well, Tulsi would make a perfect running mate for Trump.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1176691762934484994

This is magical

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mahoning posted:

that makes it worse. loving child.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ColinKahl/status/1176606199401218048?s=09

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. i am curious what the narrative will be. rudy is basicaly blowing it hard on live tv.

I’m curious what happens with Rudy. I mean he’s loving outside his goddamn mind and loving over everyone but he’s being loyal to Trump which is what Trump values over everything else.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Mahoning posted:

Someone put rudy in that same cell epstein was in, jfc this is getting out of hand

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

well got get off somehow i guess. what a stupid rear end in a top hat.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1176693927015002113

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1176697246680780800

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Mahoning posted:

Libel/slander?

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/ccadelago/status/1176693520159170560

jesus christ, he is a literal angry kid that got caught.

What a sad, angry little man.

theflyingorc posted:

It was the first Republican response after Pelosi spoke today on CNN

You'd think that they would have had some better response(s) ready to go, considering how long impeachment had been discussed.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1176697246680780800

He's still going

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well got get off somehow i guess. what a stupid rear end in a top hat.

It's hilarious that the description of the wrong doing is so straightforward and clearcut that there's no way to even summarize it or reference it without making him seem guilty af.

Amazing Zimmo posted:

He's still going

We're in for non-stop executive time for probably a week or longer at this point, god bless

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

There are some famous quotes from Nixon just before he resigned where he's talking about how much he could gently caress over the country if he wanted to. Semi apocryphally, he said drunkely to advisers or staff, 'you know I could destroy the world if I wanted to'

There's a reason the Joint Chiefs of Staff made a pact to ignore nuclear launch orders.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

CmdrRiker posted:

If this latest offense turns out to not be enough to successfully impeach Trump, then will anything ever be? I am trying to re calibrate my expectations here.

If this "latest" offense is the only thing that the House of Representatives focuses on then yep. Hopefully this is the can opener to pry open the rest of the worms.

If your rep is not in on it just yet, feel free to yell at them LOUDER.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

It's hilarious that the description of the wrong doing is so straightforward and clearcut that there's no way to even summarize it or reference it without making him seem guilty af.

We're in for non-stop executive time for probably a week or longer at this point, god bless

yeah. in your post earlier, you spelled it out perfectly. they hosed up with this crime on to many different levels for it to go un noticed.

its gonna be months. shits probably gonna leak and come out faster because people smell blood now.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

There's a reason the Joint Chiefs of Staff made a pact to ignore nuclear launch orders.

Yeah there were a lot of other rumors around that, too, like JCS directing people to figure out where the nearest military unit that could be mobilized to washington dc was and to then have several other units on stand by in case nixon tried anything stupid.

At the time these things were kind of whispered rumors, but in retrospect, knowing how vicious and how much of a drunk Nixon was towards the end, it's all pretty drat believable.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Live tweeting DVRed Fox News I see

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1176635868737617921

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Trump gonna admit to it tomorrow with the Ukrainian President. Gonna be real awkward when Trump says, “Tell everyone what I said”

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mahoning posted:

I love that the context makes this way dumber

"I SHOULD SUE YOU FOR LIBEL"

"Ok"

"NO I SHOULD"

"You're a public figure"

"...SHUT UP IDIOT!"

these loving sundowning idiots are amazing.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

The ones who are mostly not in office anymore?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1176656491450945536

https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1176659113213943810

https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1176661584929873921

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

SKULL.GIF posted:

They're talking about the Nixon administration, so one would hope so

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

All the empty airfields in Syria should be quaking in their boots tonight

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Nixon and the Chiefs

"In the last days of 1971 President Richard Nixon and his closest aides met to discuss the astonishing discovery that the Joint Chiefs of Staff had been spying on the White House. Transcripts of Nixon's secret tapes of these meetings, published here for the first time, offer a case study in Nixon's paranoid style of governing—and his surprisingly successful efforts to salvage advantage from misfortune"

The competency differential between then and now might be amusing. Maybe in 200 years? Not so much now.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

I like to think it's something that's widely understood throughout STRATCOM. It helps me sleep at night.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Edmund Lava posted:

Gabbard stated she’s not for it either. What the gently caress is going on in Hawaii?

Trump likes Modi, Tulsi likes Modi. Tulsi is a bad Democrat.

DJT Jr. is going to die alone and unloved and more importantly his dad is never going to show appreciation for all the treason he tried to commit, or any other sort of affection.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Is this The Onion

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Stereotype posted:

Ed Case is a craven rich corporatist and Tulsi is a Republican, but you literally cannot win with an R next to your name in Hawaii. Both of them are going to have a tough primary fight and are relying on the olds who are really very conservative. Also no one in Hawaii really seems to give a poo poo about Trump, so they probably don't want to rock the boat.

I emailed Case though since he is my Rep. I want to run against him because he sucks.

Case (finally) indicated his support for impeachment: https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/09/24/breaking-news/ed-case-supports-trump-impeachment-inquiry/

But you're completely right about him. Also, I want to run against him too.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bird cooch posted:

So what do I get for you being wrong some more?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/impeaching-trump-on-russia-was-unpopular-will-ukraine-be-different/

Ignore the punditry, look at the pretty numbers.

your loving article posted:

the most recent Quinnipiac poll found only 61 percent of Democrats in favor of impeachment and 29 percent opposed.

I don't give a poo poo what Republican voters want. Her base absolutely wanted it done.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I don't give a poo poo what Republican voters want. Her base absolutely wanted it done.

Her base? California? What about all the other people who are representatives for all the other people in the country.

In the house of..... representatives. Those folks just have to represent their constituency. Hey guess what happened in the last week?

I'm going to need to know what county you moved the goalposts to so I can kick the next one.

Also I know this is hard to follow so I'm going to put it in real simple words. the speaker of the House speaks for the majority of the house which we just got in the last few days. They are not the president. They represent the members of their district and the majority members of the House of Representatives. there's a lot more to be found on Wikipedia if you were too stoned during middle School.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Slowpoke! posted:

Is this The Onion
Remember that Jr. is, perhaps unbelievably so, way loving dumber than his dad because his father has the excuse of being a senile, sundowning bundle of insecurities and narcissism on his mid 70's, while Junior is a man in his early 40's that's probably been in arrested development since dear old dad slapped him in front of his schoolmates... what, during his freshman year of college? Someone more knowledgeable than me in Trump-lore help me here.

But yeah, Junior going :qq: "No U!" is hilarious in a very, very sad way.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Remember that Jr. is, perhaps unbelievably so, way loving dumber than his dad because his father has the excuse of being a senile, sundowning bundle of insecurities and narcissism on his mid 70's, while Junior is a man in his early 40's that's probably been in arrested development since dear old dad slapped him in front of his schoolmates... what, during his freshman year of college? Someone more knowledgeable than me in Trump-lore help me here.

But yeah, Junior going :qq: "No U!" is hilarious in a very, very sad way.

This is all true, but there is frankly no disadvantage to him in outright lying.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

bird cooch posted:

Her base? California? What about all the other people who are representatives for all the other people in the country.

In the house of..... representatives. Those folks just have to represent their constituency. Hey guess what happened in the last week?

I'm going to need to know what county you moved the goalposts to so I can kick the next one.

Also I know this is hard to follow so I'm going to put it in real simple words. the speaker of the House speaks for the majority of the house which we just got in the last few days. They are not the president. They represent the members of their district and the majority members of the House of Representatives. there's a lot more to be found on Wikipedia if you were too stoned during middle School.

You still seem to be unclear on the concept that Speakers of the House can exert leadership, if they feel so compelled. The fact that Pelosi did not feel so compelled is the problem.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
So I actually read the article and watched the video because I'm like 90% sure my dad did / will, and I wanna be able to rebut that poo poo.

So.
In the video, Biden brags about dickwaving the Ukranians into firing the prosecutor or else he'll get back on a plane and they won't get $1 billion in aid. So that's hosed up, and I don't think that's how the world should work - but as right wingers argue, that's how the world does work. (This will likely be a decent point to throw back at anyone making these arguments in your life, it staggers them a bit.)
So gently caress that, it's dumb and dirty politics but it's not out of the norm.

But this all then only fits into the right-wing narrative if you conveniently ignore the facts that the prosecutor
A: had shelved the investigation like 6 months earlier (right?), and
B: was deemed to be crooked by our intelligence community and needed to be replaced (i guess? Haven't done a ton more reading so if someone can tell me exactly how we came to the "he needs to be replaced" determination I'd much appreciate it),

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
I've been saying for a while that all the people ranting about pelosi defenders are welcome to go back the last thousand pages and find one person defending her spineless bullshit

but not we've got a live one

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I've been saying for a while that all the people ranting about pelosi defenders are welcome to go back the last thousand pages and find one person defending her spineless bullshit

but not we've got a live one

Tbf, a thousand pages in this thread is what, three days?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

So I actually read the article and watched the video because I'm like 90% sure my dad did / will, and I wanna be able to rebut that poo poo.

So.
In the video, Biden brags about dickwaving the Ukranians into firing the prosecutor or else he'll get back on a plane and they won't get $1 billion in aid. So that's hosed up, and I don't think that's how the world should work - but as right wingers argue, that's how the world does work. (This will likely be a decent point to throw back at anyone making these arguments in your life, it staggers them a bit.)
So gently caress that, it's dumb and dirty politics but it's not out of the norm.

But this all then only fits into the right-wing narrative if you conveniently ignore the facts that the prosecutor
B: was deemed to be crooked by our intelligence community and needed to be replaced (i guess? Haven't done a ton more reading so if someone can tell me exactly how we came to the "he needs to be replaced" determination I'd much appreciate it),

About B, it wasn't just the US that wanted him gone, the EU wanted him out because he was stonewalling judicial reforms that Ukraine had agreed to implement (because it would have reduced the amount of power he had). Basically he was pissing off a lot of people both inside and outside of the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

So.

You don't have to defend any of this, man. They're both awful people and both will be dragged through the mud due to this impeachment inquiry. Even if the investigation was already shelved, he still said what he said.