Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Aquas is the worst level, then the desert level, then the searchlight one on the Hard path, then Macbeth is the least bad of the bad levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

I'm gonna do that on our next run where we go the mid route, even if it means having to do Venom 1 again :v:

Spice it up by playing on sunglasses expert mode. You love being spicy, after all.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I think you could keep income tax low in Democracy 3 if you had lots of punitive taxes on the wealthy and on large corporations. I'll try this for myself next week when I can buy the game.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

I think you could keep income tax low in Democracy 3 if you had lots of punitive taxes on the wealthy and on large corporations. I'll try this for myself next week when I can buy the game.
Dan already got assassinated by capitalists once. Are you trying to get it to happen again?

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

There's gotta be some way to prevent either them or the religious right from getting angry enough to kill...or to keep yourself safe. Like I said, I'll try for myself when I get the game.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
You can pretty easily go all in on wire tapping and other police state-ey stuff to prevent attacks, honestly I was playing pretty sloppily both from being drunk and wanting the episode to end with me losing :v: the game autosaves before it calculates the assassination chance, so honestly you can just reload the game and since the chance is low you probably wont get shot.

Usually the capitalists purposely gently caress up your GDP and credit rating instead of taking direct action, I think the CEO salary thing pushed them over the edge

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 46 - Streets of Rage 2

I kinda thought this game and Final Fight were the same game pretty much forever

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Dan has an instinctual understanding of the series for someone claiming to know little about it :allears: "Trust your fists, the police will never help you", when the whole plot of the first one was all the cops were too dirty to do anything, until you went all Ex-Cop with nothing to lose ™

Streets of Rage 2 has a revenge plot I'm sure Dan can appreciate the logic of. Bad guy decides the most dangerous protagonist from the first game, is the big dunk machine of a man.

The only one who can rescue them? An even bigger dunk machine of a man! (Max is listed first, you know it's true).

I start to go cross-eyed thinking about Streets of Rage 3 though.

(PS, gently caress Zamza/Not Blanka :argh:).

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Grace no don't play overwatch it's bad now. The only plot is in the videos released by blizzard

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 47 - Tungulus

Tungulus

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Why would you pay money for any of that. You could have bought a cider.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Drink when someone says tungulus

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 48 - FTL: Faster Than Light

Please enjoy watching me almost manage to relearn a game I havent played in like six years and almost discover that the right click on my mouse is broken and only clicks sometimes. I discovered it for real while playing as the Wraith in Dead by Daylight :negative:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I can't believe I missed out on FTL. I need to get back to a place with internet.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

How have I gone all these years without realizing how stupid it is that the ships in FTL don't carry space suits? :psyduck:

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
God I have to laugh every time someone says Tungulus. Why would you name your game that??

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Hey thanks for making me realize I should really install and play FTL which I've had in my Steam library since forever and never touched.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Welp, time to reinstall FTL. That video made me feel pretty nostalgic.

Into The Breach is also an amazing game. Hope that team is doing well and continues to make great work.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ArchWizard posted:

How have I gone all these years without realizing how stupid it is that the ships in FTL don't carry space suits? :psyduck:

Because that would mean your enemies would have space suits too.

What do you want more? Proper space OSHA, Or telling pirates "Enjoy your hard vacuum, you loving dildos"?

Also, for whatever reason I remember liking to make rock dudes pilots (It's been forever since I played). But it makes total sense for huge rock man to be weapons officer.

They can press more weapon buttons at the same time with their huge hands, that's just hard-sci fi right there :pseudo:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 49 - Pokemon Leaf Green Part 5

If I sound lower on energy than usual, it's because most of our recording days are days where I worked at 6:30 AM, and this was getting close to midnight :froggonk: That's pretty much the closest I get to having days off anymore. Also I really loving hate mount moon

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Hey

I never forgot sweet baby beep

I wouldn't cram him into a monkey ball to rot forever either

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Due to the way the original GB games stored Pokémon cries, there are in fact a decent number of cries that are very similar, and a few (I think just two?) that are exactly the same. If you're interested in the tech details, watch this video, and for a demonstration of all the Gen 1 cries look here.

Paras (13:44) and Mewtwo (14:08) share the same base sound, so they sound pretty similar, but aren't exactly the same.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

If you're gonna keep loving up picking your attacks like this all the time because you're mashing too hard, at least swap the moves around so you have an actually good move in the first slot.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

As your rival or whatever, I demand better Pokemon for both of us.

Also Mechwarrior on RomCom.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I love how Grace pretty much only gives advice when it's completely useless, either because you already know the answer or because it's a split-second too late to change anything.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Commander Keene posted:

I love how Grace pretty much only gives advice when it's completely useless, either because you already know the answer or because it's a split-second too late to change anything.

To be fair about the latter case, he's on a delay.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Did someone say Ninja Warriors?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFjv6_p7qRE

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 50 - Halloween/Super Mario Bros 3

I would be the worst goddamn babysitter

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Loved the Dead by Daylight match at the start, though seeing some gameplay as a killer eventually would be rad!

Also your talk of those creepypastas got me to start playing that retsupurae playlist and now hyper-realistic blood is pouring out of all my romhacks so thanks!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Just be happy the hyper-realistic blood is drowning out the sound of Kefka laughing while the Sonic drowning jingle plays! :spooky:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Geemer posted:

Just be happy the hyper-realistic blood is drowning out the sound of Kefka laughing while the Sonic drowning jingle plays! :spooky:

So long as it doesn't play... :ghost:backwards:ghost:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 51 - Spore

Well THIS was a decision I made and we now all have to live with :shepface:

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009
What was the recording doing? I assume it wasn't flashing pictures of Krusty the Clown?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Hammurabi posted:

What was the recording doing? I assume it wasn't flashing pictures of Krusty the Clown?

Flashing random colors and poo poo, you can see a few flashes at the start of the video and Dan missed a couple when putting in Krusty. Weird color corruption is just a thing janky old games like to do. Probably because game devs were are all "what are standards who gives a poo poo about that?"

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009
Ah, that makes sense

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I didnt have much time to do the editing so it was pretty quick and dirty, but yeah it was a really awful texture flickering that would absolutely ruin the day of anyone photosensitive. I end up figuring I can switch to window capture instead of game capture in the next episode so Krusty wont be around forever :krust:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Your computer was trying to tell you not to play Spore.

Don't play Spore.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Krusty looked sorta disturbing, but where's the black eyes with hyper-realistic blood pouring out of them? Terrible creepypasta, 4/5

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

I didnt have much time to do the editing so it was pretty quick and dirty, but yeah it was a really awful texture flickering that would absolutely ruin the day of anyone photosensitive. I end up figuring I can switch to window capture instead of game capture in the next episode so Krusty wont be around forever :krust:

I'm not photosensitive, but if you hadn't put in Krusty that flickering would've definitely driven me away from that video. Your efforts are deeply appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I blame having only about a half hour of footage up so far for why Dan didn't reach a point of omnivore pandas vs apple aliens.

I'd hate to play it myself, but there is just something wonderful about watching someone else deal with the existential train wreck they are bringing into being. :magical:

So for all you experts out there. Do the butt jets serve any practical purpose on land?