Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

blastron posted:

Got my entry in exactly 2 minutes before the deadline. Here it is! My opponent also got theirs in, a full hour before their deadline, and it is much better than mine.

Both of these are excellent. I hope Mikal ends up in background scenes talking someone's ear off about the consonances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Roland Jones posted:

Send WENDIS to the loving moon.

It's made out of cheese, after all. She'll never need to resupply again!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

habeasdorkus posted:

When Discord Reigns In The Hearts Of Men, So Shall All Who Hunger Be Satisfied has a 99.999% pure heavy metal name and is such a goddamned adorable burger-slinger... and then the comic 100% lives up to that heavy metal name with an absolutely gruesome denouement. Holy poo poo that was great.

Argh, and I just realized that the short form of her name is loving WENDIS, like the restaurant. gently caress me what an amazing concept.

How do you possible shorten that to "WENDIS", like the restaurant? Even if you take just the first too words, "Discord" doesn't have a "dee" sound in it

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
The h in 'when' is silent. When discord, wen dis, WENDIS

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That's still "wen-diss", not "wen-dees".

E:

They should have been called "When Deez Nuts Reign In The Hearts Of Men, So Shall All Who Hunger Be Satisfied"

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Sep 25, 2019

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Who What Now posted:

looks like wendees to me op

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I took WENDIS to really be Wendi's

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

habeasdorkus posted:

I took WENDIS to really be Wendi's
Same.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Who What Now posted:

E:

They should have been called "When Deez Nuts Reign In The Hearts Of Men, So Shall All Who Hunger Be Satisfied"

beep boop

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Two panel tests, no context:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Dva's mech been going to the gym!

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

3 posted:

Two panel tests, no context:

these are so good and i can't wait to read both of your entries

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
You know, in the old World of Darkness setting, the Moon actually is haunted. A bunch of techno-wizards called the Technocracy had a moonbase on the Dark Side of the Moon and part of it blew up and the rest has been haunted since.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

MonsieurChoc posted:

You know, in the old World of Darkness setting, the Moon actually is haunted. A bunch of techno-wizards called the Technocracy had a moonbase on the Dark Side of the Moon and part of it blew up and the rest has been haunted since.

In the New World of Darkness setting the Moon was haunted with mutant super-spirits that were imprisoned there like Rita Repulsa since the Paleolithic.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Joe Slowboat posted:

In the New World of Darkness setting the Moon was haunted with mutant super-spirits that were imprisoned there like Rita Repulsa since the Paleolithic.

Some of them hitched a ride back with the Apollo astronauts and were driven crazy-er by the waves of hope and awe directed at Apollo 11.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Joe Slowboat posted:

Oh yeah I forgot about thew Idigam.

The Moon being haunted is an universal constant, just like John Cusack.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I liked both updates this week.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Benson Cunningham posted:

he was at a wedding you loving dipshit

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

They were equivalent to your patreon pledge

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

And people say my sense of humor is poo poo. Worse than a life long red texter.

Boron_the_Moron
Apr 28, 2013

3 posted:

Oh, so that's what happened. I didn't see an update on the site, so I didn't know what was going on. I just assumed Abbadon was drawing up another giant spread depicting the battle royale.

This is fine.

Boron_the_Moron fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Sep 30, 2019

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oh, yeah, best place to find out about the update status is his Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1177083116957163520?s=19

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1177097822509969409?s=19

Next update tomorrow.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

3 posted:

He must be doing pretty well if he can go to a week long wedding. Good for him.

Pretty well financially I mean.

With money.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

jesus just gently caress off out of the thread benson everyone's sick of your poo poo

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

gently caress off you entitled prick

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I constantly make that mistake with the number of the months. Why did they name them after the numbers they aren't???

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

GlyphGryph posted:

I constantly make that mistake with the number of the months. Why did they name them after the numbers they aren't???

iirc they were originally named after the order in which they appeared and then some extra months got added or something.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

He must be doing pretty well if he can go to a week long wedding. Good for him.

Pretty well financially I mean.

With money.

What the gently caress is wrong with you

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Benson's obvious trolling is only as good as we let it be, folks.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

GunnerJ posted:

iirc they were originally named after the order in which they appeared and then some extra months got added or something.

They kept loving with the calendar, originally it was 10 months starting with March, then they added January and February, which were originally tacked on the end and then got moved to the front at some point. July and August were originally Quintilis and Sextilis as the fifth and sixth months, but they'd already hosed that up by moving January and February to the front, so they renamed them after Julius Caesar and Augustus. So we're left with the back end of the old count that no longer makes any sense.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

GunnerJ posted:

Benson's obvious trolling is only as good as we let it be, folks.

Which is, let's be honest, going really well for me. I mean it speaks volumes to how much some people have internalized this comic in their life's story that a small disagreement over the honesty of a statement (it is provably false) is grounds for such vitriol.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
The vitriol doesn't come from the inaccuracy of the statement. The vitriol comes from such pedantic comments about how someone who clearly works hard is not working hard enough for your free enjoyment.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

GlyphGryph posted:

They're the numbers after the one month that really counts, Martius, the month where winter is over and you can send back to armies marching on for more war, the one and only thing that matters in the heart of the Ancient Romans. Before the Julian calendar, the Romans used a system where years were only 355 days long, and to "catch up" then some years there was an "intercalary month" that was set between February and March. That means that you couldn't count from January. The years with the intercalary month lasted 377 or 378 days. Whether this month was added was a political decision, and therefore prone to abuse for political purposes (imagine the US Senate declaring that all years with a Republican in the White House last 378 days, while all years with a Democrat there last 355 days, that'll give you an idea of how seriously and rigorously the system was maintained).

When a certain Julius Caesar reformed Rome's calendar system to set it all to maths, this had the interesting side effect that, in order to realign the calendar year with the actual solar year, the year 46 BC was extended with two extra months, lasting a total of 445 days.

So in short, the ancient Romans were very bad at making a coherent and consistent calendar year, and that's why you December is the 12th month.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

M_Gargantua posted:

<responding to Benson>

:colbert:

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

The vitriol doesn't come from the inaccuracy of the statement. The vitriol comes from such pedantic comments about how someone who clearly works hard is not working hard enough for your free enjoyment.

I've paid for 3 books and am a Patreon subscriber!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah it's ignore list time

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Which is, let's be honest, going really well for me. I mean it speaks volumes to how much some people have internalized this comic in their life's story that a small disagreement over the honesty of a statement (it is provably false) is grounds for such vitriol.

the vitriol is because of your posting, which is bad hth

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I get my royalty fix from this thread when the comic is on hiatus.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

PathAsc posted:

I get my royalty fix from this thread when the comic is on hiatus.

Turns out Royalty is bad for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

The pursuit of Royalty is bad for you. Actually being Royalty is pretty great.