Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Phoix posted:

Yeah this honestly seems like bigger news than the Biden bit.

If this takes down Barr I will howl my balls into the sun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

theflyingorc posted:

No, "the server is in Ukraine" is not a wildly held belief, what is wrong with you

It will be.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The President is literally, LITERALLY, a conspiracy theory believing moron who withheld foreign aid over 4chan posts.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Phoix posted:

Yeah this honestly seems like bigger news than the Biden bit.

I mean mushbrain big boy spouting half-remembered conspiracy theories to another world leader should immediately 25th him, I mean this is absolutely insane. What substance actually got done in this call other than this?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

friendbot2000 posted:

What are the odds Pence is swept up in all of this? I have a hard time believing that he didn't know about the call.

Pence has said stuff publicly that strongly suggests he was involved.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Lol, he’s hosed. I can’t wait for hell world to reveal how he miraculously wriggles his way out of this jam.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Guys, how dare Pelosi move before she even saw this transcript, which exonerates him very much, as he plays a game of "where's the server"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I hope democrats push that this is not a transcript and that there are no phone trancripts

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

less "he did a good thing once" and more "he did this 7 years ago when he was still a child"

They're defending him for donating the money that he was sent for his funny sign. They're saying we should ignore his lovely Twitter because he did a good thing.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/ericuman/status/1176862050078924800

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I hope democrats push that this is not a transcript and that there are no phone trancripts

yeah, this is the GOOD version that was transcribed by friendly national security folks in his own administration. Is he actually loving proud he's spouting S/NF gibbrish?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

What? No, that's not the move now. Pretend it's exact, because it makes him look more guilty.

That was only the move if the transcript looked good for President Deals.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's very stupid every call isn't recorded but LOL that they didn't edit the insane poo poo he said out.

ThanosWasRight
May 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Republicans are going to say the transcript is wrong just watch them.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Yeah the actual transcript, if one exists, doesn't matter anymore.

Just lmaoing helplessly at everything.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's very stupid every call isn't recorded but LOL that they didn't edit the insane poo poo he said out.

what if they did?

What if this is a distraction from something worse, like I dunno offering them Belarus?

I'm just..gently caress. I have studying I need to do god dammit.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

ThanosWasRight posted:

Republicans are going to say the transcript is wrong just watch them.
I don't think so. That would work if somebody other than Trump released them, but he was able to review this for accuracy. Omissions were one thing, but you can't really argue that it has additions, even by Fox News logic

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lol I can't believe it. It's actually worse than anyone thought and they just put it out.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

The President is literally, LITERALLY, a conspiracy theory believing moron who withheld foreign aid over 4chan posts.

Always found it surprising that he didn't endorse Q and that Q didn't become mainstream GOP dogma. theres little difference between what dipshits like Jordan and Gohmert spew.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
This was supposed to exonerate him? I thought I was hearing about fanfic bullshit that would embarrassingly be walked back later, but this is legit? I feel like I need to leave work and go lay down.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

I thought we were finally done talking about Her Emails. Please no I can't take any more investigations revolving around Her Emails :smithicide:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Lol I can't believe it. It's actually worse than anyone thought and they just put it out.

Like Trump's dick

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

The President absolutely has donkey brains.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

theflyingorc posted:

What? No, that's not the move now. Pretend it's exact, because it makes him look more guilty.

If the unofficial, recollected transcript looks this bad, the actual discussion must have be drastically worse.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

Disagree--they should push hard on both fronts. "This summarized version of the transcript shows clearly that President Trump tried to pressure a foreign ally into investigating one of his political opponents; imagine what the ACTUAL transcript of the call says!"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Zophar posted:

The President absolutely has donkey brains.

Miller is frogboy

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
this is literally equivalent to if nixon sent his audio records to every newspaper in america

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I read through it and Trump doesn't mention anyone by name except Barr and Giuliani. Can someone show me where the incriminating parts are?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

They had those printed to go?

How long have they been preparing for this and they still can't do it halfway competently?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Arglebargle III posted:

I read through it and Trump doesn't mention anyone by name except Barr and Giuliani. Can someone show me where the incriminating parts are?

Seriously brah?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
We need to stop calling it a transcript and stop allowing the media to refer to it as such. They're notes of a phone call, and is not the entirety of the whistleblower's report.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

Always found it surprising that he didn't endorse Q and that Q didn't become mainstream GOP dogma. theres little difference between what dipshits like Jordan and Gohmert spew.

I honestly think it's mainly because he can't stand the idea of acknowledging someone else as nearly as important as him

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

ewiley posted:

yeah, this is the GOOD version that was transcribed by friendly national security folks in his own administration. Is he actually loving proud he's spouting S/NF gibbrish?

in what appears to be.... *sniffs paper*.... Sharpie??

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Almost Smart posted:

This was supposed to exonerate him? I thought I was hearing about fanfic bullshit that would embarrassingly be walked back later, but this is legit? I feel like I need to leave work and go lay down.

this is don jr posting his DMs with julian assange or the russian emails like they exonerated him lmao

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

skylined! posted:

We need to stop calling it a transcript and stop allowing the media to refer to it as such. They're notes of a phone call, and is not the entirety of the whistleblower's report.

After this the White House itself is going to have to stop calling it a transcript.

"I didn't say any of the things we just released."

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

I think this is the most damning part

quote:

· :Rudy very much knows what's happening and he is a very
capable guy. If you could _speak to him that would be great. The
former ambassador from the United $tates,· the woman., was bad
news �nd th� people she was dealing with in .the Ukraine .were bad
news so I jtist wan� to_let you know that� The ot�er thing,
There's a lot 6f. talk about Biden's son,. that Eiden stopped the
prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so
whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great.
Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if
you ·can look into it ... It sounds horrible to me.

Like let me have my personal lawyer call you and work with you, rather than my actual national security or DoS folks.
e: better

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

you can literally ctrl-f to find Biden's name on page 4

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/1176864104763596801

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
it's also interesting that zelenskyy makes a point to say he stayed at trump tower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Arglebargle III posted:

uh, you missed something

quote:

The President: Good because I heard you had a prosecutor
who was very good and he was shut down and that's really unfair.
A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your
very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people
involved. Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the_
mayor bf New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to
call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General.
Rudy very much knows what's happening and he is a very
capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The
former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad
news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad
news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing,
There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the
prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so
whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great.
Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if
you can look into it ... It sounds horrible to me.